Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s way too hands on.

Let the pros do their job and he can get back to gentrifying Detroit.

Everyone’s happy in that situation.

When Kolby gets fired in 3 years to meet the every 4 year GM firing "this is normal we're a great organization don't remember that we had Kyrie and Lebron and essentially fired the only GM to bring a modern day Championship to the City (David Griffin; Assist GM Trent Redden leaving after) b/c of power tripping " press conference, there will still be those " Gilbert should be applauded for spending so much money into the luxury tax for the championship (even though it was literally a drop in the bucket and the community subsidizes his wealth" Dan GIlbert stans willing and ready to fondle his nether region at a moments command.

He has so much power in the political machine and media machine in Cleveland no journalist ever really challenge how terrible of an owner he is... no papers will run the stories.. it's a damn shame. The Kolby Altman intro presser after the Kyrie Trade... losing Lebron .. and firing David Griffin was shameful for the media as they were all too scared to raise any serious questions about the seismic change that had taken place that began with Gilbert not paying assistant coaches until the day of training camp and pestering and undermining David Griffin via his own trade calls incessantly 3 seasons prior til the present day.

And the buffoon wanted to compete for playoffs this year and ruin our lottery pick .. we were never going to compete for the playoffs, but if our roster stayed healthy we would've likely lost our pick back to Atlanta having no real piece to build with on a below average team.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

When Kolby gets fired in 3 years to meet the every 4 year GM firing "this is normal we're a great organization don't remember that we had Kyrie and Lebron and essentially fired the only GM to bring a modern day Championship to the City (David Griffin; Assist GM Trent Redden leaving after) b/c of power tripping " press conference, there will still be those " Gilbert should be applauded for spending so much money into the luxury tax for the championship (even though it was literally a drop in the bucket and the community subsidizes his wealth" Dan GIlbert stans willing and ready to fondle his nether region at a moments command.

He has so much power in the political machine and media machine in Cleveland no journalist ever really challenge how terrible of an owner he is... no papers will run the stories.. it's a damn shame. The Kolby Altman intro presser after the Kyrie Trade... losing Lebron .. and firing David Griffin was shameful for the media as they were all too scared to raise any serious questions about the seismic change that had taken place that began with Gilbert not paying assistant coaches until the day of training camp and pestering and undermining David Griffin via his own trade calls incessantly 3 seasons prior til the present day.

And the buffoon wanted to compete for playoffs this year and ruin our lottery pick .. we were never going to compete for the playoffs, but if our roster stayed healthy we would've likely lost our pick back to Atlanta having no real piece to build with on a below average team.

I appreciate his willingness to spend (being a tribe fan will do that) and appreciate he went all in when the situation indicated he should, but that’s where his input should end.

Let the pros do their job and keep a good one when you find them.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I appreciate his willingness to spend (being a tribe fan will do that) and appreciate he went all in when the situation indicated he should, but that’s where his input should end.

Let the pros do their job and keep a good one when you find them.

Absolutely agree.

I definitely hear you on the tribe man. The baseball team's decisions to readily move great players (So long Lindor soon smdh) hurts bad.... real bad.

Unlike Baseball where there is a chance to take a shot at winning or compete to win every 6-7 years or so  with lower salary commitments a la money-ball analytics-driven roster building Basketball is a 1 to 2 star player game money making monster, beyond reported revenue sport where having one of the nba greats on one's team at that time required an owner to maximally spend to compete with the nba team landscape.

I've said it before... if a person makes $30,000 a year, 2.7% of that is $810; if a person makes $60,000 a year, 2.7% of that is $1,620; if a person has $6,000 million dollars, 2.7% of that is $162 million dollars which is approximately equal to the cavaliers highest payroll+luxury tax+expenditures. So, in comparative dollars, if Dan Gilbert made $30,000 a year he in effect paid $810 annually that year for the right to own the Cavaliers and all the economic, political, and social power and unreported $profits that comes with when owning a sports team's primary value to billionaires in their own words is not the profit of the team, but is more so about " the Power it bestows over the City's business and political machine and all decisions that flow from them."

So, I'm not all that appreciative of Dan Gilbert spending given the circumstances of Lebron being on the team in that nba landscape. Spending money was the easier automatic decision that any NBA owner would've done in the same situation as part of the rules of engagement to maintain brand prestige/commitment. The issue is would any of the good to great owners torpedoed our basketball operations and personnel departments and disgruntled star players? Maybe some would but probably not...most are more prudent than that... that's why anything everything Dan Gilbert is trash and he deserves more criticism than praise by a massive margin.

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mind, criticize Dan all you want to.

At the end of the day, he has a ring. Which is more than we can say for any other Cleveland owner in history.

" Scoreboard ... Scoreboard... "

Well schucks... that's all you had to say... he did all that championship stuff huh... well excuse me.. I do declare... Guess we shouldn't criticize him for David Griffin who also has a ring leaving or any of those other players with rings leaving or any of that other stuff either b/c of his amazing job he's done with Lebron for 11 years in the past and continues to do.

And the Rocket Mortgage Field house has undergone so many beautiful improvements and renovations via 105.5 million dollars of our tax dollars no one voted for. You've convinced me; we should build a statue for Dan Gilbert and silence all criticism.

Bring on Rick Pitino...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You guys fall for the media crap again. Dan has “talked” to Izzo and or pitino every time we’ve had a coaching search. 

Media strikes again. 

Eh, just because he can’t lure Izzo away from a better gig doesn’t mean he hasn’t tried.

No sane coach takes a pro job over a top college program imo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

" Scoreboard ... Scoreboard... "

Well schucks... that's all you had to say... he did all that championship stuff huh... well excuse me.. I do declare... Guess we shouldn't criticize him for David Griffin who also has a ring leaving or any of those other players with rings leaving or any of that other stuff either b/c of his amazing job he's done with Lebron for 11 years in the past and continues to do.

And the Rocket Mortgage Field house has undergone so many beautiful improvements and renovations via 105.5 million dollars of our tax dollars no one voted for. You've convinced me; we should build a statue for Dan Gilbert and silence all criticism.

Bring on Rick Pitino...

$105.5m? Where are you getting that number from? Pretty Damn gilbert used $115m of his/team money towards the $185m project and the City only paid $70m. 

Also a lot of the tax dollars come from tickets sold and tax on items bought while at the Q/Field house. The city just received a larger payout from the Sales in the building compared to before.  Hotel tax, which to me isn’t that big of a deal because the affects the outsiders more. The people are prolly coming in for something that is due to part of the arena. 

Additional money from the city came from a left over fund from the restoration of the Hilton and Convention center. 

It’s not like Gilbert scammed the city into building him a brand new arena. Dude paid more than the city, when was the last time you saw an owner of any of the major 3 sports teams do that?

lets be honest the arena needed a face lift. 

We all can criticize dan. He deserves it but his spending was huge. They weren’t winning a title if they didn’t have TT and JR. He played a part

No one is saying Gilbert didn’t play a role in a ring, he definitely did, but unless another player who’s the best of his generation and one of the best all time wants to come to Cleveland as a FA, I’m not sure a Dan Gilbert led team is going to be a competitor.

He doesn’t seem to value to idea of a strong, consistent organization or paying for FO talent.

He seems more about the sizzle than the steak at times.

• Like 1