Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think this team needs to be punched in the mouth. They thrive off of that. 

I’ve noticed that especially with Allen. He’s a super chill, nerdy, and laid back dude 90% of the time.

However, he does occasionally flip a switch and played pissed off. He just doesn’t do it enough.

Mobley only does it against great players like Embiid.

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Mobleys stats are improving from last year which is a surprise considering we added a heavy usage guy in Mitchell.

I just want to see his shooting improve. He’s a terrible 3 point shooter and average at best FT shooter. That’s not gonna cut it as a modern day 4 who plays next to a 5 who stays in the paint. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just want to see his shooting improve. He’s a terrible 3 point shooter and average at best FT shooter. That’s not gonna cut it as a modern day 4 who plays next to a 5 who stays in the paint. 

For me, I need his FT % at least in the high 70’s. That would bump his point total up close to the 20’s.

I don’t need him to jack up 3’s, but he needs a respectable jumper. He needs to be able to hit mid range shots.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Kinda sad

Not sad at all. What’s sad has been loves horrible play. I really think he should take a few months off and come back a few weeks before the playoffs. Maybe he’ll be fresh and can play similar to how he did the first month of the season when he was shooting like 48% from 3. I think that’s our only hope of getting some use out of him and a 40% shooting love in the playoffs would be huge. But that’s not happening unless he takes some extended time off to heel up and rejuvenate imo. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not sad at all. What’s sad has been loves horrible play. I really think he should take a few months off and come back a few weeks before the playoffs. Maybe he’ll be fresh and can play similar to how he did the first month of the season when he was shooting like 48% from 3. I think that’s our only hope of getting some use out of him and a 40% shooting love in the playoffs would be huge. But that’s not happening unless he takes some extended time off to heel up and rejuvenate imo. 

Yeah I don’t view it as sad at all.

He’s a 15 year pro who knows the game.  He needs to get his body right and be ready to be a key part of this team come playoff time a whole lot more than he needs a bunch of Jan and Feb regular season minutes.

Also, Dean Wade is simply better at this point.

Mobley has really improved his play since January. He’s showing tremendous intensity and effort pretty consistently.

Obviously needs to keep working on his shooting. If he can bump that up slightly, he can easily start averaging 20+ ppg. Which would be incredible considering he plays with Mitchell and Garland.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432158/evan-mobley

Going back to January 6th (one month), Isaac Okoro is 21/42 on 3-pointers. 50%

This is obviously not sustainable. But if he can even stay at like 38% moving forward, that's game changing for what he brings to the floor and makes him the obvious answer at the 3 sans trade, and even if they find a way to bring in a better starting 3 with Levert/Love/etc., it makes him a super useful 6th/7th man.

• Like 2