Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Turns out facing the 76ers is a lot harder than the teams like the bulls and pacers. 

Yeah it took them too long to adjust to the increased intensity. Once they got their feet under them, the hole was too deep.

Saw on Twitter this morning several outlets are reporting Cavs are finalizing a buyout package with Kevin Love.

Last of the Mohicans from the 2016 Champions.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10065842-cavs-rumors-kevin-loves-contract-to-be-bought-out-heat-linked-after-trade-deadline

Edited by brooks1957

5 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Saw on Twitter this morning several outlets are reporting Cavs are finalizing a buyout package with Kevin Love.

Last of the Mohicans from the 2016 Champions.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10065842-cavs-rumors-kevin-loves-contract-to-be-bought-out-heat-linked-after-trade-deadline

He must be pretty unhappy with his role. Too bad, he could be useful come playoff time if he’s healthy.

I mean, at this point, Love is spent. I hate to say it and I was always hopeful he could be something. That said, we could find a street FA who could give us more. We need another big. He's wasting away on the bench and is an automatic non-play in the playoffs because of his putrid defense. He was always terrible at defense, even in his prime. Now he's smaller, weaker, and significantly slower, which I didn't know was possible.

It's time for fresh blood at the big-man position. Hopefully we can snag another big off waivers.

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep for me I loved them since I was a kid. Basketball is easily my second favorite sport. 

I was a casual Bulls fan during the Jordan days. Then became a fan of all Cleveland teams when i became a browns fan. But Guardians and Indians it was more just keeping up with the scores but not really watching except for playoffs. 
Now I’m all in on the Cavs and just getting a better understanding of the game.

Cleveland is my adopted American city.

When I talk nba here people just assume I’m a Cavs fan because of Lebron, but I’m a bigger fan now

32 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would rather attend an NBA game than any other sports game. Basketball is so fun to watch when you’re good. Football is too analytical to the point where I barely enjoy it. It’s more like studying to me. NBA is mindless fun…minus those morons with whistles.

NBA games are significantly better imo.

Some of this is locale/team you’re seeing with regard to cost, but where you sit and what you see per dollar is much better for basketball in my recent experience.

Typically I go to Paul Brown Stadium and watch a Bengals v Browns game or to Indianapolis and see a Pacers v Cavs game because those are the closest spots to where I live.

Went to the game in Dec against the Bengals and 2 seats came in at about $300.  Hard to park a good ways a way and hoof it, NBD it was a relatively nice day.  We were 20 something rows from the field at about the 30 yard line.  Nice seats, but you simply miss a lot.  Oh and a “relatively nice” day in December in Ohio is still fairly cold and not a great place to spend 3+ hours outside just sitting and standing around.

Went to the Pacer game earlier this month.  Paid maybe $200 for 2 seats and sat 4 rows from the floor in the corner.  Could see the entire court really well.  Sat 30 feet from the bench.  45 feet from the tunnel.  Players running all around near us which my son loved.  Parked literally across the street in a covered garage for $20.  There’s a sky bridge that connects the garage to the arena so I don’t have to walk outside if it’s raining or whatever.  The whole game is played in a climate controlled environment with a DJ pumping in music, videos, all kinds of dumbarse entertainment during timeouts, etc.

I don’t find the value proposition of NBA vs NFL to be terribly close tbh.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck