Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is nothing to be done. He did the crime, he served the time. Hes either going to play for your team and help or play for another team and help--but to act like a bunch of fans taking the high ground for their own self assurance about a player is going to impact anything is something we learned last year is false.

I’m not one of those people. If I knew how to quit Cleveland sports I’d have done so 20 years ago. My point is given the choice I’d rather look elsewhere than sign a guy who strangled and punched his SO in front of their kids.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I swear half the members on this board said they would quit the Browns or stop watching the NFL if they got Watson but guess what.....everyone is still here (to my knowledge).

On the flip side though, I swear half this forum is completely fine with the most vile pieces of **** on earth just as long as they help us win.

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

DG & Allen

for

Lilliard/Nurkic

due you due it

I see we are in the "blow it up for the sake of blowing it up" phase of the offseason. Hard pass. Allen (despite one bad playoff series) is a top 10 center. Nurkic is literally a dead contract. The insane downgrade there isn't worth the DG to Lillard upgrade. If it even is an upgrade with the age gap and Lilliard's struggles to stay healthy. DG for Lilliard straight up is a tough decision. Add that center swap and it's a no brainer.

100% pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FGK said:

Hard pass. Allen (despite one bad playoff series) is a top 10 center. Nurkic is literally a dead contract. The insane downgrade there isn't worth the DG to Lillard upgrade. If it even is an upgrade with the age gap and Lilliard's struggles to stay healthy. 

100% pass.

Yeah I’m not taking on a player closing in on their decline in exchange for two players who haven’t peaked yet.

We really just need to be patient and let this team grow together.

If we can move Allen for a legit 3/4, ok, but other than that I see no reason to make a deal just to say you made a deal. Continuity matters.

I think I'm neutral but optimistic about both signings. On paper they both have exactly what we need in shooting and legit wing size to defend. But they both have big question marks (Niang has a history of disappearing in the playoffs, Strus is a Miami role player and they rarely play up elsewhere) that make me very hesitant to fully buy in.

I don’t want to ever hear Jarrett Allen being mentioned as a top 10 center again.

When you have absolutely ZERO heart and let yourself get raw dogged like JA did, there’s no fixing that.

I don’t care how athletic or skilled you are. If you don’t have the heart, you’ll never fix that.

Remember “Lebronto” that was because those Raptors teams punked out whenever they saw Lebron. That was never going to be fixed.

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think this is a horrible signing 

especially with letting Lamar go

makes no sense at all

unless they know Bron is coming for sure next year. 

Wut…what else could we have done? It was pretty much these moves or do nothing. We definitely got better. Way better? No, but that was never gonna happen. 

The moves we made aren’t game changers, but they could absolutely make us a better team.

Either way, they’re either gonna be pieces that help us improve or pieces that can be moved.  There’s no albatross contract or overpay. Meh players on meh deals hoping to catch some lightning in a bottle.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The moves we made aren’t game changers, but they could absolutely make us a better team.

Either way, they’re either gonna be pieces that help us improve or pieces that can be moved.  There’s no albatross contract or overpay. Meh players on meh deals hoping to catch some lightning in a bottle.

The game changer we need is Mobley taking a big leap which is definitely possible and a bonus would be Allan realising he is really big and playing with some edge 

• Like 1