Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Summer league is always a cluster of selfish play, basically 5x 1v1 matchups instead of 5v5. This team was different. We passed. We moved off the ball. We rotated on defense. We could shoot. Hell we played more cohesive than the actual Cavs do at times. 

This was an actual *team*

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

What yall think Rubio stepping away means for the team? 

We need to get a backup pg? 

No. I think Rubio will be back, but even if he isn’t, we’re in good shape. We can play Jerome there and stagger Garland/Mitchell for a while.

I also don’t hate just calling up Porter Jr. or Sharife Cooper. I’d like to see them. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Oh boohoo another millionaire basketball player too sad to play a game. Give me a break. Millions of people go to work every day with issues but still go to make a living but someone who plays a game for a living can’t. Smh. 

Depression doesn't give a **** about how much money is in your bank account

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Oh boohoo another millionaire basketball player too sad to play a game. Give me a break. Millions of people go to work every day with issues but still go to make a living but someone who plays a game for a living can’t. Smh. 

“This guy sure is selfish for focusing on his own well-being and not how his absence is going to impact me and my basketball watching this winter.  Selfish, selfish ******* I tell ya”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What does this actually accomplish though?

You don’t need to get into an actual fistfight and get suspended to play physical basketball and be mentally tough.

You prevent **** like this from ever being acceptable. You show your fellow teammates that BS won’t fly from anybody. 

You need an aggressive mentality playing sports. So what if you get suspended a few games? Culture is more important.

Edited by candyman93

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You prevent **** like this from ever being acceptable. You show your fellow teammates that BS won’t fly from anybody. 

You need an aggressive mentality playing sports. So what if you get suspended a few games? Culture is more important.

And throwing punches wins rings now?  LeBron is the greatest player in the last 30-40 years easily and has never gotten into a fistfight. 

This is barstool boomer mentality tbh. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a tough culture, but with toughness has to come discipline. 

No grown *** man is gonna stop doing something because they remember you got suspended for throwing a punch 3 months ago. 

Lack of fistfights had literally nothing to do with why we failed as a team last season. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And throwing punches wins rings now?  LeBron is the greatest player in the last 30-40 years easily and has never gotten into a fistfight. 

This is barstool boomer mentality tbh. 

Lebron is the GOAT. Pretty rare exception.

Warriors had Draymond Green. Hell Jokic did this last year. It doesn’t have to be your best player, but you need dudes with attitude.