Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

We were in a bad spot. All of the intriguing starter-level talent went off the board at pick 19 IMO. We were just out of range for a starter.

Tyson is fine. I would have preferred Kyshon George, but he and Tyson were literally in the same range for me, so splitting hairs. Tyson will be a good bench guy for a long time, but I don’t think he fits well with our starters. Even at his ceiling, I still think he’s a bench guy…which is fine.

Pick 20 in a horrible draft class wasn’t gonna be a homerun, which is exactly why I didn’t care if we used that pick on Bronny. 

• Like 1

Oddly, the most interesting quote from the night might've been Craig Gansey saying, "I think we have 10, 11 guys who can play", in the context of whether or not Tyson would get playing time this year.

Big 4, Strus, Levert, Merrill, Porter, Wade, Niang is 10. Who's 11? They that confident about keeping Okoro? High opinion on Bates/Nance/I. Mobley? Planning on getting an Atkinson bump from Ty Jerome? I just felt like that was a very specific number he threw out there that intrigues me.

4 hours ago, FGK said:

Oddly, the most interesting quote from the night might've been Craig Gansey saying, "I think we have 10, 11 guys who can play", in the context of whether or not Tyson would get playing time this year.

Big 4, Strus, Levert, Merrill, Porter, Wade, Niang is 10. Who's 11? They that confident about keeping Okoro? High opinion on Bates/Nance/I. Mobley? Planning on getting an Atkinson bump from Ty Jerome? I just felt like that was a very specific number he threw out there that intrigues me.

Lebron. 

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Well that was a little underwhelming.  I thought they might grab a 2nd, but obviously the price wasn't right.  I am super stoked for Enrique Freeman.  Watched him play a few times at Akron U...stud

Did we sign him?  Not seeing that anywhere. 

21 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Led conference in scoring, is a 6'7'' wing with 3 level scoring, good shooting % from all ranges, and gets rebounds, assists, steals, blocks etc

Love the pick

He’s a good size for a 2 guard. He looks like he has some talent. But where we’re playing him?  Maybe if we trade LeVert. Possibly maybe if we trade Garland?  Move Donovan to point and this guy to 2 guard?  Does he replace Okoro?  But that is a net negative as far as defense. 

But this is coming from a dude that really wanted Kel'el Ware. He’d have been a boom. 

20 hours ago, Armbar said:

We were in a bad spot. All of the intriguing starter-level talent went off the board at pick 19 IMO. We were just out of range for a starter.

Tyson is fine. I would have preferred Kyshon George, but he and Tyson were literally in the same range for me, so splitting hairs. Tyson will be a good bench guy for a long time, but I don’t think he fits well with our starters. Even at his ceiling, I still think he’s a bench guy…which is fine.

Pick 20 in a horrible draft class wasn’t gonna be a homerun, which is exactly why I didn’t care if we used that pick on Bronny. 

Using a pick on a Bronny would have been incredibly stupid. And I completely disagree that this draft class is horrible. At the top I’d agree, but there was plenty of decent players out to the second round. If you wanted to get a good role player even to the 2nd round you could get one. Hopefully Tyson will be exactly that.