Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

54 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Patrick is going to have a tough time snapping when he gets back… will be interesting to see how they work around it.

Hey Windy is back.  Yay.  

He is going to have get healthy first likely.  Tough injury to work around.  

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Patrick is going to have a tough time snapping when he gets back… will be interesting to see how they work around it.

Assuming they don’t rush him back before the thumb is healed, why would there be any issue at all? 

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Assuming they don’t rush him back before the thumb is healed, why would there be any issue at all? 

He will likely be playing with a brace or splint… harder to snap.

A snapping hand injury is brutal for Cs.  Under C is okay, but the thumb is how you grip and aim your snap 

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Why do these guys just get handed starting spots? They (more so Jenkins) clearly aren’t earning them

Jenkins has obvious potential. Health is the only issue.  Borom earned it last year by filling in at moments notice as a rookie and playing his *** off and ending up being one of the surprised bright spots on a very disorganized offense. You don't give up on guys like that. You recognize the effort, praise it, and help him build off of it so he becomes a staple.Never mind the common sense aspect... it also sends a terrible message to the locker room that even if you do your job right there is no guarantee that your going to keep it. Guys expect to be rewarded and rightfully so.

14 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ofcourse no one WANTS all stop gaps, but sometimes you have to do what is needed in the short term. 

But we don't need to. That's my point.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Kaplan is reporting that Teven Jenkins has major maturity issues and while the Bears think he is super talented he has had issues with the OL coach and losing his job.

Would make a ton of sense with this weird “injury” popping up.

Now, lets take this and report it as it really was without the including your very own interpretation.

Here is what was really said (word for word):

"What I'm hearing is, there is high level of disconnect between Teven and the new coaching staff. Especially Chris Morgan. The new OL coach. That means you have a highly immature player whoe's got alot of talent. As one person who would know who is close to the team said to me-- he's their most talented lineman, but I'm also hearing that he's wildly immature". And so this is on Teven Jenkins to grow the hell up. But the Bears, how many people do you have in your front office that uhhh.. work on culture and work on player relations?

But yes, I'm not buying the covid stuff either. Teams have to report it and we would've heard it by now.

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Now, lets take this and report it as it really was without the including your very own interpretation

What did he say differently?

Are you like Tevins bag guy or something? haha 

He clearly isnt one of the 5 best overall lineman on this roster right now. Notice I didnt say most talented, i said overeall. That means everything, from buy in to execution, and Jenkins is obviously not trusted enough to protect Fields.

But sure, he got picked in the second round by people who arent even here anymore =, so we should just be handing him a starting spot

44 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He clearly isnt one of the 5 best overall lineman on this roster right now. Notice I didnt say most talented, i said overeall. That means everything, from buy in to execution, and Jenkins is obviously not trusted enough to protect Fields.

But sure, he got picked in the second round by people who arent even here anymore =, so we should just be handing him a starting spot

So take the most talented OL and bench him in favor of an old guy who is below average at best. Surely the OL will be better that way.

While we're at it, let's bench Mooney too and replace him with David Moore since he wasn't drafted by this regime either. Surely the WR corp will be better. 😆

33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Being as naturally gifted as he is is what got him picked in round 2, but everyone in the NFL is talented. There are hundreds of uber gifted players who were out of the NFL in a few years because they didn’t want to do the work once they got there. Hopefully Kap’s report is wrong and this is much ado about nothing, but if Kap’s report is true then that’s a huge issue. I love Jenkins’ potential, but if he’s not interested in pursuing it I’d rather get something of value for him now while we still can and let that become someone else’s problem. Jenkins has the talent to be special IMO, but he’s got to want it, and if he doesn’t then personally I’d rather move forward with a guy with 85% as much natural talent but who’s going to get everything he can out of it. Borom seems like he might be that kind of guy to me. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So take the most talented OL and bench him in favor of an old guy who is below average at best. Surely the OL will be better that way.

While we're at it, let's bench Mooney too and replace him with David Moore since he wasn't drafted by this regime either. Surely the WR corp will be better. 😆

IF it is true that he is acting immature and not buying in than coach has no choice but to discipline him in form of demotion.  

You don’t fix that with coddling.  It always sucks when it falls to you to be that guy.  But that isn’t this coach’s fault.  It is fault of people who didn’t do that for him earlier at other stops.

Jenkins has to respond.  When you get to that point you can sulk and be mad at coach or you can fix it.   Most mature coach’s will have short memories when it comes to that stuff and readily accept change.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Either you don’t get it, or you are out to carry the water for Jenkins for some reason. 

Would you like to run down the differences between Jenkins and Mooney? Probably not because you would look like a fool. But sure keep trying to throw out red herrings, someone might fall for it one day  

Jenkins has a ton of talent, not a single person has denied that. And I have yet to see anyone root against him at this point. But he has to be accountable before we even get to how talented/good he is. The offensive line has to be one unit, all on the same page, pulling in the same direction or it doesn’t work. If you have a guy, especially a potential LT who is doing his own thing, that’s can and likely will get someone hurt. 

But I guess you’re ok with putting our Franchise QB in harms way just so a high-ish draft pick can get some reps in? Sorry, I’m not making that gamble

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Jenkins has a ton of talent, not a single person has denied that.

You have spent the last few pages arguing with me about Borom AND Jenkins and saying neither have earned the right to start. AKA not good enough. While also continuously bringing up the fact they were drafted the last regime (for some odd reason because irrelevant) but now your gonna say you haven't denied it?  🤣

You literally said, verbatim;

But other than that, I dont currently see anyone other Linemen on this roster that I am confident will be a Starter in 2024,