Training camp news and discussion

JAF-N72EX

Okay hopefully they have it right this time and we will see pads the next few days…really need to see Jones & Carter with pads to get a true gauge of if they are competition at LT & RG…also need to see what Robinson can do coming off the edge when tackles are allowed to be physical.

You guys remember Eberflus giving an interview about slot corner being hardest position on defense to learn and how it would be bad idea to make a rookie learn both outside corner and slot?

I don't remember where.  But I remember it.

And obviously that doesn't apply to Gordon.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

You guys remember Eberflus giving an interview about slot corner being hardest position on defense to learn and how it would be bad idea to make a rookie learn both outside corner and slot?

I don't remember where.  But I remember it.

And obviously that doesn't apply to Gordon.

Xavier Rhodes is still out there...makes me wonder if he doesn't want to go through a full TC and will sign with a team closer to the start of the season...Jones & Rhodes on the outside with Gordon in the slot would be a really good CB room especially with Young backup Gordon in the slot...keep Rhodes for a year then sign another former Flus guy in Rock Ya-Sin and you are sorted at CB for years to come...just a thought.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Xavier Rhodes is still out there...makes me wonder if he doesn't want to go through a full TC and will sign with a team closer to the start of the season...

I feel like there are a ton of Vets out there just waiting out most of Training Camp. 

Not saying the Bears will be adding any of them (just so this doesnt get misconstrued), just seems to be a bigger trend this year

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Teven Jenkins watch is into over drive…

Everything to do with him is flaky 

I was jacked when Pace drafted him.

But we don't get to do medicals or background interviews.   I wonder if any back issues were flagged.  And I wonder what all the old coaches had to say in private.  

We will never know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Xavier Rhodes is still out there...makes me wonder if he doesn't want to go through a full TC and will sign with a team closer to the start of the season...Jones & Rhodes on the outside with Gordon in the slot would be a really good CB room especially with Young backup Gordon in the slot...keep Rhodes for a year then sign another former Flus guy in Rock Ya-Sin and you are sorted at CB for years to come...just a thought.

Why would you bring in Rhodes?  To win 1 more game?

By all means bring in vet OL so Fields survives the season.   But goal is obviously not to win this year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Great job by Ryan Pace, investing a 2nd and 3rd round pick into a bum with back issues and maturity problems

I know it's technically BETTER than if he was just the OL version of Kevin White (ie always injured), because we can at least get SOME value out of him with a trade...... but damn this whole situation looks to be going nuclear, and fast.

I don't even know what kind of value we could get for him, considering he had back injuries last year, and we're already trying to toss him out this year, despite desperately needing young and talented OL ourselves. Red flags all over the place.  I'd imagine any deal would involve a lot of conditional clauses at the least.

Real shame too, I still believe in the kid's talent, and his on field aggression would have been a massively needed tone shift for the OL in general..... but for this rumor to be true, it's possible or even likely that both sides are simply done with the other.

Edited by Epyon

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Great job by Ryan Pace, investing a 2nd and 3rd round pick into a bum with back issues and maturity problems

Have to suspect to get any kind of value out of this it will need to be player for player...I would maybe target a team like the Chargers who are a bit thin at OT for someone like Josh Palmer who hasn't lit it up for them but does have talent at WR...Darius Slayton from the Giants would be an obvious one as well...or we could go down the road of trying to get another UT or CB in here.

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

I know it's technically BETTER than if he was just the OL version of Kevin White (ie always injured), because we can at least get SOME value out of him with a trade...... but damn this whole situation looks to be going nuclear, and fast.

I don't even know what kind of value we could get for him, considering he had back injuries last year, and we're already trying to toss him out this year, despite desperately needing young and talented OL ourselves. Red flags all over the place.

Real shame too, I still believe in the kid's talent, and his on field aggression would have been a massively needed tone shift for the OL in general..... but for this rumor to be true, it's possible or even likely that both sides are simply done with the other.

We haven't even seen him play healthy really.

Seems really early in game for this.

Something happened behind scenes.   Likely what Kap said and I guess.  He got benched and reacted badly.  He got it from somewhere.

He must have said and/or did some things that are hard to take back.