Training Camp Thread

17 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Still think it is a waste to have 3 QBs on the 53 man roster.  I would rather have an extra pass rusher.  I hope Bowles agrees.

I was at practice the other day. Man - if the bucs were really "serious" going into camp with Tras(h)k and Gabbert when brady retired - man those two splitting reps was ugly. 

Trask does not have a lot of juice on his throws. Gabbert at least has some velocity. 

I was at practice the other day and Brady took the day off. Let me just say a few things. Guys were in should pads and shorts so no tackling done: 

- Rachad White looks jacked. When he lined up outwide next to Gage - he's a beast. Tall and jacked. Looked explosive with the ball too. 

- Gabbert and Trask was overall bad. Gabbert had 1-2 throws that were "wow" but overall - he wasn't very good. Trask had one great throw with anticipation but his arm strength isn't very good. I paid attention to Trask a lot given he's a round 2 pick - and although it was 1 day - his arm does not look as strong as blaines. Neither him or Blaine were accurate either. Blaine threw a RZ pick forced. Trask should've had two pick 6's but dean dropped the picks. Ryan Griffin had the best RZ throw of the day - but he was taking reps with the 3rd team offense vs defense during this drill. 

- Dean looks like a beast. Granted he jumped the ducks trask threw but he smothered Gage and Jones on a few reps. 

- Lenny has a gut. Seeing him up close - you can tell he's still working the weight off. But White is determined to take those snaps away from him. 

- Gio's quads are insane lol. Only featured on passing downs. 

- Rudloph looked solid as did Otton in RZ drills. Otton caught Griff's TD pass. 

• Like 3

On 7/31/2022 at 10:20 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

- Gabbert and Trask was overall bad. Gabbert had 1-2 throws that were "wow" but overall - he wasn't very good. Trask had one great throw with anticipation but his arm strength isn't very good. I paid attention to Trask a lot given he's a round 2 pick - and although it was 1 day - his arm does not look as strong as blaines. Neither him or Blaine were accurate either. Blaine threw a RZ pick forced. Trask should've had two pick 6's but dean dropped the picks. Ryan Griffin had the best RZ throw of the day - but he was taking reps with the 3rd team offense vs defense during this drill. 

I mean, that's a known. As someone who's watched Blaine Gabbert since HS and college (I live is St. Louis and am an avid Mizzou fan), he's always had a cannon of arm. Remember, you're talking about a guy who was 5 star recruit and was the top prototype high school QB recruit in his class coming out of HS. The physical traits have never been the issue for him and it's the reason he was a top 10 pick.  

Not a lot of QB's out there have his arm strength. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I mean, that's a known. As someone who's watched Blaine Gabbert since HS and college (I live is St. Louis and am an avid Mizzou fan), he's always had a cannon of arm. Remember, you're talking about a guy who was 5 star recruit and was the top prototype high school QB recruit in his class coming out of HS. The physical traits have never been the issue for him and it's the reason he was a top 10 pick.  

Not a lot of QB's out there have his arm strength. 

yeah but some of Trask's balls had a little too much air under them. Didn't seem like a starting quality QB. 

Here's some things I saw at Training Camp today:

Robert Hainsey definitely looks like an interior lineman rather than a tackle (which he played in college) 

John Molchon is a huge human being, pity that he hasnt translated that size to anything productive yet

Fred Johnson is also almost a foot taller than any of the other OLineman

Rachaad White looks DYNAMIC in space, he is silky smooth with his cuts and i got some vids of him making defenders look silly in some pass routes , like @RedandPewterReturns said, he looks jacked uppp , can confirm lol

Vaughn looked good out of the backfield too but not nearly as smooth as White catching

Godwin must have been doing individual drills because i didnt see him anywhere, and because of that Gage was getting a ton of targets with the 1s

Tyler Johnson was the receiver that stood out today making a few nice catches, Scotty was also quite involved but TJ looked better today at least, the 5th and 6th WR spot is a ridiculous battle 

Otton also looked rather sharp on some routes , if he can get his blocking right be really might see a lot of reps this season

as much as i hate to say it i think i might be coming around on the Trask isnt great take, i still believe in this kid , only because i want to see him in Preseason and with some better players to throw to , BUT we keep giving Gabbert a lot more reps with the 2s which imo is SUPER annoying

all in all it was fun time out there 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Here's some things I saw at Training Camp today:

Robert Hainsey definitely looks like an interior lineman rather than a tackle (which he played in college) 

John Molchon is a huge human being, pity that he hasnt translated that size to anything productive yet

Fred Johnson is also almost a foot taller than any of the other OLineman

Rachaad White looks DYNAMIC in space, he is silky smooth with his cuts and i got some vids of him making defenders look silly in some pass routes , like @RedandPewterReturns said, he looks jacked uppp , can confirm lol

Vaughn looked good out of the backfield too but not nearly as smooth as White catching

Godwin must have been doing individual drills because i didnt see him anywhere, and because of that Gage was getting a ton of targets with the 1s

Tyler Johnson was the receiver that stood out today making a few nice catches, Scotty was also quite involved but TJ looked better today at least, the 5th and 6th WR spot is a ridiculous battle 

Otton also looked rather sharp on some routes , if he can get his blocking right be really might see a lot of reps this season

as much as i hate to say it i think i might be coming around on the Trask isnt great take, i still believe in this kid , only because i want to see him in Preseason and with some better players to throw to , BUT we keep giving Gabbert a lot more reps with the 2s which imo is SUPER annoying

all in all it was fun time out there 

lol when i saw him split out wide in the RZ drills i was like "**** " . Excited to see what he can do in preseason action. 

- On Trask , we're not giving him reps with the 2's bc he hasn't earned them. lol

20 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bowles said it's gonna be at least a couple months.

Stroud tweeted earlier today that we'll get results sooner rather than later.

Rather strange and unusual diagnosis here. I think they know - they're just not saying. If its really a couple months - slight tear of the MCL or they're not saying yet he's done for the year.