Training Camp Thread

41 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Rather strange and unusual diagnosis here. I think they know - they're just not saying. If its really a couple months - slight tear of the MCL or they're not saying yet he's done for the year. 

They had to wait several days for the swelling to recede before they could do the MRI. That's what has caused the delay. 

If it's just a non-surgical MCL tear/strain, that would be best case scenario at this point. fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I really hope Scotty can win this job

He's been one of my favorite sleeper guys since he was drafted but he just hasn't ever been consistent , maybe if he can earn the returner job and do well he can make the 53

Also bgl Darden legit would piss me off on his putrid return attempts last season

Barner looked pretty shifty the other day but he seems like a long shot

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

12 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

They had to wait several days for the swelling to recede before they could do the MRI. That's what has caused the delay. 

If it's just a non-surgical MCL tear/strain, that would be best case scenario at this point. fingers crossed. 

Agreed. Hopefully we get him back by mid-season atleast. 

Honestly, Hainsley was going to be the guy if Brady stayed retired. Doubt Jensen would be back without Tom. Interested to see what Hainsley can do. 

Chris Godwin (ACL) returned to practice Friday. 

It's a significant development for Godwin, who was not placed on the PUP list at the start of Tampa's training camp. Godwin, who suffered a late-season ACL injury in 2021, probably won't suit up for Week 1 against Dallas, according to The Athletic's Greg Auman, though it seems an extended regular season absence for Tom Brady's slot guy is unlikely. Godwin was seen Friday morning wearing a brace on his right knee, sprinting and catching passes with fellow Bucs wideouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Chris Godwin (ACL) returned to practice Friday. 

It's a significant development for Godwin, who was not placed on the PUP list at the start of Tampa's training camp. Godwin, who suffered a late-season ACL injury in 2021, probably won't suit up for Week 1 against Dallas, according to The Athletic's Greg Auman, though it seems an extended regular season absence for Tom Brady's slot guy is unlikely. Godwin was seen Friday morning wearing a brace on his right knee, sprinting and catching passes with fellow Bucs wideouts.

Good news. I'd say October is a realistic timeline to see him in Game action. I feel like with this receiving Core and him coming off ACL surgery 8 months ago - theres no rush to get him on the field. Would rather have him for the playoff run fresh than rush him back early. 

Hearing very good things about Otton in camp along with McCollum playing well. Otton apparently is doing a great job getting open and handling himself well as a run blocker. Still happy we got an experienced vet who's a strong run blocker in Rudolph, but Otton coming along only helps strengthen that depth in that skill as Brate is more of a receiver than blocker. White looks explosive in space. 

Haven't been hearing much updates on the rest of the rookie class. How's Goedeke and Hall doing so far? First two picks - Goedeke was expected to push for the starting LG spot but I haven't seen him or Stinnie run much with First team offense. 

I'm reading how they're giving Bunting more reps at the outside CB spot over Dean. Is Bunting more of a fit at Safety? Seeing a lot of reports that Edwards needs to step up a bit. Was he just better off as a 3rd Safety to freelance instead of a full time starter? 

I would give Bunting some looks at Safety opposite winfield. He's a strong tackler and ballhawk. He struggled at corner last year tremendously, especially at the slot. For Bowles to give him looks ahead of Dean is an atrocious decision considering Dean was a lockdown corner last year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Has Brady been practicing with Hainsey yet? 

I just read this is his first day to camp due to a personal matter. 

Brady's distractions have been piling up in the offseason...

Brady was there day one. He had his birthday and then a personal thing, so he had a couple days off.

He's also getting vet days like everyone else. But he's been there.

• Like 2

Otton has been tearing it up out of this entire rookie class. Have not heard much buzz about Goedeke or Hall but they’ve “flashed” in practice. 

Really weird Bucs are giving SMB outside starting role when Dean has outplayed him. He’s probably one of the most smoothest CB on the team but he gets burnt way too often during games. Dean is reliable and rarely smoked.

according to reports, Kyle Trask has had a rough camp. A dozen or so pics in 12 practices is not good. I know the Bucs D is talented but Christ, some of these throws down right Winston esque ugly. He’s had a year to get the system down so there is not a legit excuse for it. Bowles says he knows where to go with the football but when you throwing picks in practice that tends to translate into real life game. Winston use to throw many many INTs during practice and it was downplayed. Not married to the idea of making Trask the QBOTF so if he’s not improving this pre season we’d probably need to start scouting in 23.

18 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Otten has been getting lots of luv from the local media, which is a good thing because I'm not sure Rudolph has much left in the tank.

Honestly,  I hope Otten makes Rudolph a cut casualty

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Otton has been tearing it up out of this entire rookie class. Have not heard much buzz about Goedeke or Hall but they’ve “flashed” in practice. 

Really weird Bucs are giving SMB outside starting role when Dean has outplayed him. He’s probably one of the most smoothest CB on the team but he gets burnt way too often during games. Dean is reliable and rarely smoked.

according to reports, Kyle Trask has had a rough camp. A dozen or so pics in 12 practices is not good. I know the Bucs D is talented but Christ, some of these throws down right Winston esque ugly. He’s had a year to get the system down so there is not a legit excuse for it. Bowles says he knows where to go with the football but when you throwing picks in practice that tends to translate into real life game. Winston use to throw many many INTs during practice and it was downplayed. Not married to the idea of making Trask the QBOTF so if he’s not improving this pre season we’d probably need to start scouting in 23.

I do think that our D would be tough for any young QB to go against 

But after a year he should be showing more progression than what we've heard so far, it's starting to get ugly. Still hope he can show something in preseason game action though 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 2