Training Camp Thread

5 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I mean he could've booked this when he retired but yeah who knows. None of us will get the full details at the moment. 

They booked a Bahamas vacation during pre-season, but hid it under a vague reason like "personal things" for the absence. But, now it comes out and it's no big deal? Lol. 

34 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

They booked a Bahamas vacation during pre-season, but hid it under a vague reason like "personal things" for the absence. But, now it comes out and it's no big deal? Lol. 

You got to remember though who this is. It's not like it's you/me booking this. It's a guy who can't do anything without a camera in his face and his world famous wife. If he would've come out a month ago and said, yah I'm going to be taking a week off in August for a family vacation, the tabloids would have done a deep dig to find out where he was and get photos. Even at an exclusive/private place like he went.

He notified the team and the team didn't divulge any of the details to the media. I have 100% faith TB12 and the FO knew exactly what the situation was, but were keeping it under wraps for that very reason.

The dude and his family wanted some privacy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You got to remember though who this is. It's not like it's you/me booking this. It's a guy who can't do anything without a camera in his face and his world famous wife. If he would've come out a month ago and said, yah I'm going to be taking a week off in August for a family vacation, the tabloids would have done a deep dig to find out where he was and get photos. Even at an exclusive/private place like he went.

He notified the team and the team didn't divulge any of the details to the media. I have 100% faith TB12 and the FO knew exactly what the situation was, but were keeping it under wraps for that very reason.

The dude and his family wanted some privacy.  

I get what you're saying man, but, I'm not buying any of that. 

14 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

And as soon as I post that, this comes out lol. Who really knows what happened, but at least he's back now:

'Tom Brady was seen at Bucs headquarters and is expected to practice Monday.  Brady was reportedly vacationing with his family at an exclusive resort in the Bahamas over the past week and a half, according to Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson.'

Called it. The personal time crap was obvious

Edited by indifference

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

Ohh my, people are so, so stupid and easily manipulated. Covid really exposed it. Yeah he just went to the bahamas during pre-season and hid the reason for privacy issues, makes a ton of sense.

Oh man it's not even funny anymore.

???

I think you're missing the point. Regardless what his reason was, or what he was doing the team knew about it and okayed it beforehand. That much is evident. 

If ever there was a player in any professional team sport to not worry about this with, it's TB12. He's been doing it longer than anybody at a higher level than anybody for a long time now. He knows what he needs to do.

it's not like this is the first time this has happened, or the most aggreges either. There are players that do this during the actual season. Hell, guys like Randy Johnson and Roger Clemens in baseball were allowed to only show up at the stadium on days they were pitching at home games! 

I'm dealing with it right now with my St. Louis Cardinals. Yadier Molina (a legend) just took a weekend series off in a pennant race to fly back to Puerto Rico and watch his basketball team he owns play a championship game... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Ohh my, people are so, so stupid and easily manipulated. Covid really exposed it. Yeah he just went to the bahamas during pre-season and hid the reason for privacy issues, makes a ton of sense.

Oh man it's not even funny anymore.

I can appreciate doubling down rather than walking it back at least.

Never admit you might be wrong. It shows weakness. 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 9:09 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Doubting Brady after everything he's done throughout his career is wild. lol

Not sure anyone is doubting Brady, just a vacation or hiatus during Training Camp for 10 days seemed odd. 

Him taking meetings with the Dolphins while employed by the Pats and Bucs is a bit fishy as well. Then retiring and unretiring and Bruce "leaving" also was suspect. 

No one doubts the GOAT for what he does on the field or leads. It's just the actions have been suspicious recently. That is all.