Preseason Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Ravens WE’RE BACK!!!

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

this is disappointing, but now that i think of it, an OL next year of lewan-radunz-brewer-davis-NPF might actually be the move.

I don't think we should wait until next year. Next weeks line should be Lewan-Radunz-Jones-Davis-NPF. and see how it works. I like Brewer but I think he's far more valuable as as our 6th lineman and backup for all three interior spots until Jones retires. 

13 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I don't think we should wait until next year. Next weeks line should be Lewan-Radunz-Jones-Davis-NPF. and see how it works. I like Brewer but I think he's far more valuable as as our 6th lineman and backup for all three interior spots until Jones retires. 

well, i'm not sure how much jones is even gonna play in the preseason, but you have a point. though i'd say a lot will depend on whether NPF is able to prove himself as a capable starter this year- far from a given.

• Like 2

Some Nashville media people(Mike Miracles) has said both Radunz and NPF are neck and neck as far as the RT battle. I still don’t see Radunz as an interior OL regardless of what Cosell says. I’m still going with this being Lewan’s last year and Radunz and NPF are our starting OTs next year.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

46 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Some Nashville media people(Mike Miracles) has said both Radunz and NPF are neck and neck as far as the RT battle. I still don’t see Radunz as an interior OL regardless of what Cosell says. I’m still going with this being Lewan’s last year and Radunz and NPF are our starting OTs next year.

What's Lewan's contract status? You think he's a cap casualty next year? 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

well, i'm not sure how much jones is even gonna play in the preseason, but you have a point. though i'd say a lot will depend on whether NPF is able to prove himself as a capable starter this year- far from a given.

I did try to watch NPF and Radunz last night, and I definitely remember a few more blown blocks or other mistakes from NPF.

I don’t care what position they settle in, so long as one is settled into so the line can gel.

13 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Not gone lie watching this tape makes me go back to a scouting report I remember reading when burks was coming out. The report said that burks is a WR capable of running every route, however they kept it simple & shortened his route tree in Arkansas offense due to what they had at QB. But back to the film, burks does a great job rounding his route off at the stem of the route, & I love how he understands leverage & how to attack a DB hips once he opens up. 
3 things I’m say he needs to work on to become a stud WR. 
1. His releases sometimes his feet stop, or it be wasted movement/ steps. 
2. How to setup the DB making every route look the same.

3. Hand usage winning at the LOS when being challenged at the line/ pressed. 

Gotta bench a QB who won't throw it. There's 10 other guys having a preseason on that field too.

It's preseason, we're trying to get people warmed up and evaluate players, not win the game with out of structure plays.

I honestly thought Huntley looked way better than Malik despite people wanting to talk about the rookie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I honestly thought Huntley looked way better than Malik despite people wanting to talk about the rookie.

well yeah, of course he did. he's an upper echelon backup with 2 years of nfl experience, a handful of starts under his belt, and will likely get a crack at a starting job somewhere when his contract in baltimore is up.

Upper echelon backup?  The bottom line is Huntley actually can drop back, plant his foot and throw.  Not sure those are great accomplishments but they benched Willis even after telling him to do that.  If I didn't finds that nice film review on Burks I wouldn't have known how he basically dominated against the coverage he had and would have had a dominate game if his QB would just stop with the happy feet like a HS QB and throw him the ball.  Outside of the pass to Kinsey the only decent pass he made was on a play action where he had zero pressure and knew where he was going with the ball at the snap.  

I'm not giving up on Willis but being a Titans fan and having seen VY, Locker and Mariota fail, and knowing all those guys were better prospects and athletic It is obvious that either a QB has the ability to see the field well, anticipate (real important in the NFL meaning you throw the ball before the WR is open not after) and be consistent with their footwork or they are not.  Rarely does a QB actually fix those issues.  A guy can run a 4.3 and throw the ball 80 yards on his knees and still end up working at McDonalds.  Right now Willis is a RB trying to play QB.