Preseason Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Ravens WE’RE BACK!!!

ttitansfan4life

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Kind of my point though right? You’re not really giving him receivers that are known to win at the line and then he was getting pressured. Don’t get me wrong, I get Vrabel and sometimes you just need to pull the trigger, but the sooner we stop wasting our time with Dez, the better off we all are.

Note: None of this is to say Willis was a good passer tonight. There’s so much work to be done. But even if it’s not with Woods, I’d like to see him with Burks, Phillips, NWI and Hooper for a few series this preseason. 

This the NFL he was getting pressured every QB not going to have all day to sit in throw in the pocket. Especially QB’s who’s scouting report doesn’t strike fear as a passer. Defense’s are going to blitz him all day in hopes of him panicking & turning the ball over because he isn’t proven as a passer. He had open WR’s he doesn’t trust what he sees nor going through his progression. He’s raw no nick on him he’s going to need bout 2yrs my opinion but if he can be coached we’re going to have some special indeed 

People bug out about preseason. It doesn't swing me one way or the other about players. I gotta see players at full strength around the best, going against the best, under the highest of pressure to really get a grasp. It's fun to get a taste, but preseason has alway been whatever to me. Just stay healthy.

Willis looked about right where I thought he would. I would love to see him sit this year and really gain loads of knowledge before being thrown into the fire, if possible. That would mean the boys and Tannehill having a good year, to keep the talks of Willis starting happening.

This idea that he will be behind Woodside is weird to me. I would rather see Willis go into the game before Woodside if it got to that point. Woodside is not some trustworthy backup who could keep us afloat. I genuinely think we would be in just as much trouble with him if not worse than Willis. Willis will have to learn at some point by doing. I would prefer that to be the following year obviously, but if things go south early this year, and Tannehill struggles, we may just see him.

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

People bug out about preseason. It doesn't swing me one way or the other about players. I gotta see players at full strength around the best, going against the best, under the highest of pressure to really get a grasp. It's fun to get a taste, but preseason has alway been whatever to me. Just stay healthy.

Willis looked about right where I thought he would. I would love to see him sit this year and really gain loads of knowledge before being thrown into the fire, if possible. That would mean the boys and Tannehill having a good year, to keep the talks of Willis starting happening.

This idea that he will be behind Woodside is weird to me. I would rather see Willis go into the game before Woodside if it got to that point. Woodside is not some trustworthy backup who could keep us afloat. I genuinely think we would be in just as much trouble with him if not worse than Willis. Willis will have to learn at some point by doing. I would prefer that to be the following year obviously, but if things go south early this year, and Tannehill struggles, we may just see him.

I agree how bad woodside is it’s really nothing Willis can learn from him other than the proper way to hold a clipboard, waste of a roster spot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah but at same time, if he has a chance for a 50 yard TD and settles for a 10 yard first down because he didn't have the patience to wait a half a tick, that will get exposed, old and get us in flames.

I still remember the clips of Marcus missing Davis or whoever because he either bailed or held the ball. 

It was always this one.

22 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I would prefer that to be the following year obviously, but if things go south early this year, and Tannehill struggles, we may just see him.

I really think that would be a mistake.  Tannehill struggling is probably still a better chance to win than Malik will give us in general.  And if Tanny struggling has us out of the playoff race entirely, then I don't think that's the situation to insert a very raw rookie who wants to run into.

If we're not gonna be patient with Malik, there wasn't much point in drafting him.  If Tanny struggles, and we're out of the race, the only time we should even consider starting Malik over him is the last one or two games of the season, just as a check on his progress.

39 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yeah, at least with Willis you can let him run around. That always brings some juice and gives defenses trouble for a few games, until they catch up. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again. Not ripping Willis but another shot where he didn't throw it. 

Talk about Dez being non existent. What a difference it makes if this play is thrown. 

he's clearly overwhelmed. cycling through your first 2 reads, both of them being open, and throwing neither...kid doesn't trust what he's doing out here at all. hopefully it comes with time.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he's clearly overwhelmed. cycling through your first 2 reads, both of them being open, and throwing neither...kid doesn't trust what he's doing out here at all. hopefully it comes with time.

Agree.  I think that's what people talk about when the game slows down for you.  It does make sense to me why Vrabel pulled him after watching that play.

19 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Agree.  I think that's what people talk about when the game slows down for you.  It does make sense to me why Vrabel pulled him after watching that play.

Especially when he was told to let it rip right before that play. Just a weird one really, since literally both reads were there for him. Man would a bomb to Burks there have been fun to see/good for morale.