Bills bench Tyrod Taylor for rookie qb Nathan Peterman

LinderFournette

Yessss! Yessss! Yessss! Love it. Shows that McDermott stills see potential in this team with a better passing game. We are currently in a wild card spot.

This stats is telling. Tyrod played for 55 minutes Sunday and had 56 yards... Peterman played for 5 minutes and had 79 yards. Yes it was garbage time but Saints were still bringing the blitz to disrupt the rookie and Tyrod couldn't move the ball in garbage time at all.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Tyrod wasn't the problem in Buffalo... I can't see how this makes them better. True, he was garbage against the Saints but that was by far his worst game all year - he's had four 100+ passer rating games this year and only thrown three picks.

That's the thing. He is far to safe with the ball... Decent player but not the player to take us to the next level. Tyrod is a top end backup QB. Petermans will really get Matthews, Clay and Benjamin more involved. He came in the other day and really spread the ball around to all receivers. Tyrod is really limited to passing to TEs and RBs

I tend to agree with both statements.

Tyrod was serviceable, but he is not a winning QB. He certainly wasn't the problem, but he is far from the solution as well (and soon to make a whole lot of money)

He doesn't make many mistakes, and he is flashy in avoiding sacks, but he doesn't make the right reads, throws behind his WRs often, and flat out misses opportunities.

I know it is hard to judge him based on his lack of a receiver core and generally poor pass blockers, but the fact is, we KNOW he isn't our long term QB, even if those things get fixed.

Let's get a good look at Nathan Peterman, and decide if he has potential, or if he is just one more guy in the carousel. We need to know if he can be our guy BEFORE the draft, when we will be in position to trade up for a top pick.

Just now, Danger said:

Not against the move, but I don't think it's good timing for the rest of the team.

I agree with this, but I don't care if we are currently in the 6th playoff slot, this team is NOT in contention to be in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yessss! Yessss! Yessss! Love it. Shows that McDermott stills see potential in this team with a better passing game. We are currently in a wild card spot.

This stats is telling. Tyrod played for 55 minutes Sunday and had 56 yards... Peterman played for 5 minutes and had 79 yards. Yes it was garbage time but Saints were still bringing the blitz to disrupt the rookie and Tyrod couldn't move the ball in garbage time at all.

NEVER EVER judge by garbage time stats. Hey, do that QB Blake Bortles look good? All his stats were, where pumped up by garbage time yards/TD's.

Just now, Tk3 said:

I agree with this, but I don't care if we are currently in the 6th playoff slot, this team is NOT in contention to be in the playoffs.

The AFC is incredibly weak this year with the exception of a couple of teams. You absolutely are in the playoff picture.

Tyrod has played well enough to be a starter somewhere next year.  Baltimore, Jacksonville, Denver - teams who won't be drafting hight that Tyrod would be a better option than they currently have.

Wasn't really high on Petermen. Think he has future backup potential at best. Think the Bills are just seeing what they have with him first before they go all out and package all their extra acquired picks to go get a QB in the draft next yr.

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Tyrod wasn't the problem in Buffalo... I can't see how this makes them better. True, he was garbage against the Saints but that was by far his worst game all year - he's had four 100+ passer rating games this year and only thrown three picks.

I think almost all of us in the Bills forum have come to the conclusion it's time to move on from Tyrod. The timing of the benching is odd, especially considering we're 5-4 in a bad AFC but Tyrod has shown too little progress to make us think he's going to be here long term. One of the examples I've used is that we barely beat the Falcons when we forced four turnovers and our kicker won AFC ST player of the week because he hit three 50 yard field goals and that was because our offense was just so completely ineffective. The rest of our team had to play out of it's skin for us to barely hang on to a victory. Tyrod just limits our passing game too much for us to be an effective football team, he holds the ball too long and just lacks the decisiveness that a starting QB needs in this league. I like Tyrod as a person and he's really fun to watch at times but he is not the answer in Buffalo. I don't think Peterman will be either but you might as well see what you've got. 

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

NEVER EVER judge by garbage time stats. Hey, do that QB Blake Bortles look good? All his stats were, where pumped up by garbage time yards/TD's.

Well, that is why we are giving him a start.

3 minutes ago, Danand said:

Alright I'll judge by non garbage time stats and say that Tyrod threw for 58 yards in three quarters. That is just unacceptable in the NFL. 

Archived