The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They built two characters to kill them? They will have no impact on the rest of the story from here on out. Ellie and Joel's character building can be assumed, as it's literally the whole point of the story being told. So what did we accomplish that couldn't have been accomplished by any other episode? Ellie and Joel got a vehicle. It's the definition of a filler episode.

Two characters that basically got to grow old together and live as normal and happy a life as was possible in a zombie apocalypse. It provided hope in a world full of dread and despair. Plus there’s a great parallelism between Bill/Frank and Joel/Ellie. I would say their relationship had a great impact on Joel.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2023 at 9:41 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just looked at IMDb's user ratings for the episode and it being polarizing is seemingly the norm here. 

Number of people that gave it 10/10: 43k

Number of people that gave it 1/10: 21k

They definitely took a shot here and missed with a lot of homophobes/bigots

Yep

• Like 3

On 2/2/2023 at 7:22 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What a stupid assumption to make as it's been addressed by many here but if that's how you want to live life, go for it. No one is stopping you. Might be better to not have tunnel vision though. Small piece of advice.

I can get people that dislike it because it didnt move the plot much, but there are also people that think its some woke agenda or something. 

Wokeness, to me at least, is heavy handed and boring. That episode was so beautiful because it was simply a love story in a time of distress written, acted and directed impeccably. The characters just happened to be gay. I dont understand how anyone could see it as anything but a masterclass, but to each their own. 

42 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I can get people that dislike it because it didnt move the plot much, but there are also people that think its some woke agenda or something. 

Wokeness, to me at least, is heavy handed and boring. That episode was so beautiful because it was simply a love story in a time of distress written, acted and directed impeccably. The characters just happened to be gay. I dont understand how anyone could see it as anything but a masterclass, but to each their own. 

There's going to be a lot of reasons people like and don't like it - some of it justified and some not. Nothing is absolute no matter how badly the few closed-minded weirdos in here want that to be the case. Those who think every negative review is a result of the same thing. They just need to create a problem to fuel their demand to point the finger at something to make themselves feel good about something, I guess. I dunno. It's corny regardless of their warped reasoning. 

It's already been discussed, at length, in here as to why people can be upset w/ that episode so not much to really add.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Ep4 delivered the goods.   Man oh man.

The character development for both Joel & Ellie was spot on.   Glad we’re seeing the duality of their actions start to come through.   Plus they kept the magazine scene / puns too!   But the talks about hurting others / doing what’s necessary was A+ work. 

For those that haven’t played the game - this FF’s a ton - but we’re in the heart of the story.  

If you want more, def play LOU1 and the extras.   So worth it.  

And yes…the puns keep coming.   I’m here for it lol.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Didn't live up to how great episode 3 was, but honestly not sure how it could've. Absolutely loved that the puns are sticking around.

Game stuff:

Spoiler

Really curious how they handle Ish's story. They clearly show the cardboard castle kind of entrance in the next episode preview thing, but IIRC, by the time Joel and Ellie get there, everyone was already dead and the whole story was basically told through like notes and journals and stuff. Curious if someone will be alive or they'll do flashbacks or something, because that was one of the more interesting world building things for me in the game. It would be weird to have them walk through that area without having some way of explaining what went on to viewers. But, we never actually met Frank in the games either, so we'll see I suppose.

• Like 1

Fantastic episode. The writing is so great but we shouldn't be surprised

Spoiler

If they change up too much of Sam and Henry's arc, it'll be disappointing. Such a heart wrenching part of the story and I want to see my wife's reaction when it all goes down. Glad we're getting the bloater next episode as well! Finally

• Like 1