Tyron Smith out indefinitely w/ torn hamstring

WizardHawk

I’m laughing my *** off at how wildly unprepared this team was in case their All-Pro tackle who hasn’t been able to play a full season in years got injured. 

I was already meh about this season and this just further increases my level of apathy about this franchise. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, D82 said:

I’m laughing my *** off at how wildly unprepared this team was in case their All-Pro tackle who hasn’t been able to play a full season in years got injured. 

I was already meh about this season and this just further increases my level of apathy about this franchise. 

In the hierarchy of positions LT/blind side protector is high on the list.  Smith has been a great player but he is injury prone.  Shoulda coulda woulda but his replacement should have been found by now. I hate that he's hurt.  This team has a history of falling off the cliff with a key injury.  Smith's absence and the crop of inexperienced WRs could spell doom for this offense.  We like our guys.  Rinse and repeat.

3 hours ago, Northland said:

Sadly we know the track record of this team when a key player gets hurt.  It isn't good.  OT is priority one in next year's draft.  In the meantime will they sign someone or will we hear we like our guys?

The silver lining is that we will have very high draft picks that we can use to replace our old guys. We had the chance with Slater, but I’m very happy they drafted Parsons instead.

Smith needs to go. That’s obvious. But I wouldn’t rule out them drafting a QB if they have a top 3 pick. After this year, they only have Dak under contract for 2 more years and he’s going to want big money again.

Edited by Tony7188

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

The silver lining is that we will have very high draft picks that we can use to replace our old guys. We had the chance with Slater, but I’m very happy they drafted Parsons instead.

Smith needs to go. That’s obvious. But I wouldn’t rule out them drafting a QB if they have a top 3 pick. After this year, they only have Dak under contract for 2 more years and he’s going to want big money again.

Interesting suggestion re drafting a QB.  It's something a progressive front office would do to give them leverage.  I doubt Dallas goes down that path.

Good luck to Tyron Smith on his rehab and maybe he can come back this season. Looks like we may be looking at a top 10 pick this year. 

However, Tyler Smith should get first look at LT. We just need to prepare for a ton of holding penalties from him. 

Tyler Smith / McGovern / Biadasz/ Martin / Steel

as our starting OLine 😫😫 Dak better make sure his legs are loosened up, he is going to need them more now than ever. And this run game will need to be top notch, will be our only saving grace!! 

I’m guessing Smith doesn’t return this year and I suspect this may be it for him entirely….in a Dallas uniform anyway. Don’t know how they could justify bringing him back at this point, even if the contract is manageable. 

Edited by WizardHawk

Everything Dallas has done makes a lot of sense if you understand that the success of the 2022 Dallas Cowboys is low on their priority list.

Cut La’El. Trade Amari. Play stupid games with Tank. Let Randy walk. Draft one of the most raw players in the first round.

The coaching staff might be at odds with this, so we’ll see what happens—but from a strategic consistency standpoint, you have to use this as an opportunity to give Tyler Smith his trial by fire at LT. 

59 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Everything Dallas has done makes a lot of sense if you understand that the success of the 2022 Dallas Cowboys is low on their priority list.

Cut La’El. Trade Amari. Play stupid games with Tank. Let Randy walk. Draft one of the most raw players in the first round.

The coaching staff might be at odds with this, so we’ll see what happens—but from a strategic consistency standpoint, you have to use this as an opportunity to give Tyler Smith his trial by fire at LT. 

Which is just...absolutely asinine. Especially if their plan is to fire McCarthy after this year and hire Sean Payton - another retread who won a Super Bowl years ago. 

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Taking a quick look at who is available from outside help. Here is who is available Free Agents

Eric Fisher

Jason Peters

Daryl Williams

Nate Solder

Who would you like to see us pursue? 

Probably Solder.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Well, I wish you and I hadn’t mentioned the swing tackle the other day. You were right