Preseason Wk 3 GDT: 49ers @ Houston

Forge

15 hours ago, John232 said:

START JIMMY G

Jimmy had a 29.9 QB grade in pressured pockets with 0 big time throws and 14 turnover worthy plays. 

If this O-line is bad - he will not save them. In fact, he'll be even worse because he wont throw the ball away, can't scramble, and is a turnover machine. 

Lance is the better option for this team right now, and it's not even close.

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Jimmy had a 29.9 QB grade in pressured pockets with 0 big time throws and 14 turnover worthy plays. 

If this O-line is bad - he will not save them. In fact, he'll be even worse because he wont throw the ball away, can't scramble, and is a turnover machine. 

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm lol.

All this Trey Sermon hype that Shanny/Lynch are trying to convince everyone about is hilarious. They clearly tried to showcase him and it did not work. I wonder if we can get a trade done or if he will just be out right released? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All this Trey Sermon hype that Shanny/Lynch are trying to convince everyone about is hilarious. They clearly tried to showcase him and it did not work. I wonder if we can get a trade done or if he will just be out right released? 

I think he'll make the 53. I believe the team thinks it's easier to get Mason on the PS than it would be Trey Sermon. Trey Sermon still has that "pedigree" that may fool people into putting in a claim. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he'll make the 53. I believe the team thinks it's easier to get Mason on the PS than it would be Trey Sermon. Trey Sermon still has that "pedigree" that may fool people into putting in a claim. 

I mean they may decide that he rather go with Mitchell/TDP/Wilson/Hasty even if they believe they can sneak Mason on the PS.

Sermon isn't better than any of the backs I mentioned. I mean I will say maybe he has a role with the inside zone runs when the season starts that we didn't so much of in the preseason...I will take that into consideration if they do decide to keep him. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they may decide that he rather go with Mitchell/TDP/Wilson/Hasty even if they believe they can sneak Mason on the PS.

Sermon isn't better than any of the backs I mentioned. I mean I will say maybe he has a role with the inside zone runs when the season starts that we didn't so much of in the preseason...I will take that into consideration if they do decide to keep him. 

I will maintain, even though I have no real support for it, that the team doesn't care much for Hasty one way or the other. I've never thought that they have been overly infatuated with him or anything. I would keep him over Sermon, I'm just not sure that they will do that. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm lol.

Honestly, doesn't look bad here. Ran to the wrong hole twice but he might make the team

Glad to see I'm not the only one here who doesn't see the "IT Factor" with Sermon.  I'm not even hating on him.  I just don't see anything there that separates himself from anyone else.  Average vision.  Average speed.  Average stats(in the NFL).  Indecisive when the defense changes things up a little.  Okay, that sounds like I'm hating, but I'm really not. lol

I'm not saying Purdy should start, but man.  There's just something I really like about the guy.  Yeah, he made some rookie mistakes, but he looks really polished for a guy who got drafted dead last.  Despite the ending result, he really wanted to put points on the board at the end.  Hard not to like the guy.    

6 hours ago, Ataal said:

I'm not saying Purdy should start, but man.  There's just something I really like about the guy.  Yeah, he made some rookie mistakes, but he looks really polished for a guy who got drafted dead last.  Despite the ending result, he really wanted to put points on the board at the end.  Hard not to like the guy.    

I watched zero Iowa state but he seems like a gamer. I am not sure if he can get any stronger but his arm right now is borderline for the NFL. He's a fine QB3 for the PS 

He's honestly just new nick mullens. 

I'm not sure why anyone is so down on what Lance has done in the PRESEASON. You don't honestly expect Shanny to show the world what Lance can do in the preseason. That's what behind closed doors practice sessions are for and then to be used for the real games. Lance's issues have mainly been with checkdowns and intermediate throws. How many throws have been done that are not one of these types? Not many from what I have seen. 

Work on your weaknesses during preseason and practices. Accentuate your strengths during the season.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 1:10 AM, Herodreamer79 said:

Pocket pressure performance is very fickle from year to year with different lines PFF has found. I'd have to check their numbers, but Jimmy probably played better with pressure during that 2017 stretch when the 49ers certainly didn't have a good line at all. Small size, and Jimmy was 5 years younger so whatever. But yes on paper Lance should be able to handle the pressure better...or maybe it would just be the same results. Pressure seems to nuke any triggerman regardless if they're as nimble as Newton or as static as Bledsoe. 

EDIT: So I just checked because curiosity got the best of me, and Jimmy G in that 2017 stretch (only 6 games) had a 83.9 PFF passing grade under pressure, which "lead the league" that season. That offensive line at the time was unremarkable largely. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe