Preseason Wk 3 GDT: 49ers @ Houston

Forge

So who are the four backs that Shanny goes with? Mitchell/TDP/Wilson and....?

With Ward starting on the IR and possible even Ambry, that opens up some spots in the secondary. 

I know Moore has been hurt and has not been practicing much, but my goodness that was one of the worst performances I have seen from a tackle in a while lol. It seemed like the game was moving 10x faster than his brain was operating. Make Brunskill the swing tackle, PLEASE! And really, I'm not sure if Brunskill shouldn't have one of the starting guard spots. 

Ebukam and Ohmenihu look like they are in store big very good seasons. 

On the deep throw to Deebo on the first drive, I wish Shanny would have had Aiyuk on the outside and then Lance could have thrown it deep to him. I just want to see how their connection is with the deep ball. Lance put a lot of touch on the ball as he had been overthrowing Deebo all camp, but the ball ended up being slightly underthrown. They still need time to work on that. What I also would like is for Shanny to get Kittle matched up with a safety or LB on the outside and throw a deep ball to him. We don't utilize that nearly as much as we should. He's had some success isolated against safeties on deep balls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sermon

Agreed. The only way I don’t see Sermon starting the on the 53 is if he’s traded. 

I think Wilson is safe as @Forge had suggested previously. Watching him last night it appears that he’s back to his pre-injury form. 

I just can’t see Hasty or Mason making it over Sermon with what we’ve invested in him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us try to get both onto the PS though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

What's the downside of flipping a pick to Belichick for Isaiah Wynn?

RT is a problem even when McFlinchey is healthy. Without him it's a damn safety hazard. 

According to Patriot fans I talked to, he's struggled on the right side. No idea if that is true or not. 

Right now we couldn't afford him (need Jimmy gone), but I'd be curious if we wanted to push assets into another player that is frequently banged up. I really like wynn as a player though so I'd at least put in a call

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

According to Patriot fans I talked to, he's struggled on the right side. No idea if that is true or not. 

Right now we couldn't afford him (need Jimmy gone), but I'd be curious if we wanted to push assets into another player that is frequently banged up. I really like wynn as a player though so I'd at least put in a call

Has he played guard at all? i know a lot of people thought he’d be a better guard than tackle coming out.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vegas ends up making a move for Wynn. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've always thought this was going to be a 9-8 or 10-7 club. 

Teams that finish top 3 in running with a top 3 defense usually end up having a very good season. I don't think people realize just how dominant this defense is going to be. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sermon

Ew

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

We should have signed Duane Brown. No clue why we did not even pursue him with the question marks with McGlinchey. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That was a legit potential missed TD with the way Deebo runs after the catch. He needs to hit that routinely as that is something Jimmy was good at and it helped our offense be what it was. 

Game is still moving a bit too fast for Trey but he gets better as the game goes on so that is something to watch when the regular season starts. Slow starts and great finishes. 

• Like 1