Preseason Wk 3 GDT: 49ers @ Houston

Forge

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Teams that finish top 3 in running with a top 3 defense usually end up having a very good season. I don't think people realize just how dominant this defense is going to be

Depending on how you define "top 3" in terms of the running game, I don't think we will finish close to that. If you're saying top 5 in run play percentage, i agree. If you're talking effectiveness, I'd take us more as a top ten or so team

Just now, Forge said:

Depending on how you define "top 3" in terms of the running game, I don't think we will finish close to that. If you're saying top 5 in run play percentage, i agree. If you're talking effectiveness, I'd take us more as a top ten or so team

Top 3 in rushing yards and top 3 in damn near every defensive category. This defense is going to be STUPID good. All three starting corners are sticky as hell in coverage. Just are going to need to create some turnovers unlike the years past. And that will be possible with Ryans calling more blitzes and being more aggressive since our corners will be able to hold up in coverage. 

I'll gladly take my chances with Mitchell, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and this defense despite some of the flaws this roster has. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Top 3 in rushing yards and top 3 in damn near every defensive category. This defense is going to be STUPID good. All three starting corners are sticky as hell in coverage. Just are going to need to create some turnovers unlike the years past. And that will be possible with Ryans calling more blitzes and being more aggressive since our corners will be able to hold up in coverage. 

I'll gladly take my chances with Mitchell, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and this defense despite some of the flaws this roster has. 

I do think the defense will be top 3 in a vacuum. It's one of the best 3 in the league to me for sure. If Womack is the real deal too? Damn lol

That was certainly a lackluster performance for all but a few: Womack and Omenihu stand out to me the most as those who did not suck, atm.

Did anyone else have video issues during the 2nd half of the game? I thought it was my signal but the more it happened, the more I wondered if Amazon wasn't have some issues for a short while....

Edited by Chrissooner49er

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Game is still moving a bit too fast for Trey but he gets better as the game goes on so that is something to watch when the regular season starts. Slow starts and great finishes. 

The bolded is what I have talked about before. Trey has started slow all three times he has played a regular season game. I am not expecting a fast start in Chicago but I would like to see Kyle come out throwing the ball with some quick passes to get Trey into a rhythm just to get Trey comfortable. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was a legit potential missed TD with the way Deebo runs after the catch. He needs to hit that routinely as that is something Jimmy was good at and it helped our offense be what it was. 

Game is still moving a bit too fast for Trey but he gets better as the game goes on so that is something to watch when the regular season starts. Slow starts and great finishes. 

That first drive with the deep ball to Deebo. I don't hate it but there was Aiyuk in the middle, wide open. Possible TD too.. Oh well. baby steps.

I feel like it’s hard to judge the two guards from this game based on how bad the tackle play was. I’m very confident that Banks and Burford will look way better with Williams and McGlinchey next to them as opposed to Moore and McKivitz. Just watching the game live, it was obvious who the liabilities were and I’m sure these guys were trying to compensate for their garbage play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nice from Brendel 

Honestly, he has looked very solid in both games that he has played and has been good in camp by most accounts. I'm actually okay with him. I just don't trust the guards at all and this is why I think it would be good, at least in the early going to start Brunskill. Burford may be a great mid round find, but let Brunskill take over at RG to bring some veteran play to the OL and then make a change during the season if need be. 

They'll win 11 games (injuries not withstanding)

The NFC is TERRIBLE. 

Tampa Bay is kind of a mess right now. The Saints won't be as dangerous without Sean Payton. They're a downgrade from last year. Green Bay has NO receivers. They're a downgrade. Mike McCarthy is a joke of a coach, if not for Jimmy Garoppolo we would have blown them out last year. Arizona is going no where with Kingsbury. Minnesota will be interesting. I fully expect Philly to win the East going away. The NFC is literally a two horse race between the Rams and the 49ers and we totally own those guys. The Championship game was a fluke.  

if we're not the 1 seed, we'll be an easy 5th seed.

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

They'll win 11 games (injuries not withstanding)

The NFC is TERRIBLE. 

Tampa Bay is kind of a mess right now. The Saints won't be as dangerous without Sean Payton. They're a downgrade from last year. Green Bay has NO receivers. They're a downgrade. Mike McCarthy is a joke of a coach, if not for Jimmy Garoppolo we would have blown them out last year. Arizona is going no where with Kingsbury. Minnesota will be interesting. I fully expect Philly to win the East going away. The NFC is literally a two horse race between the Rams and the 49ers and we totally own those guys. The Championship game was a fluke.  

if we're not the 1 seed, we'll be an easy 5th seed.

The NFC really is in rough shape. I don't think that there will be a major issue getting into the playoffs as a wildcard. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nothing to see here folks..................

Brunskill needs to start, I don't care for who. Sure he has his weaknesses but he's one of the best five OL on the team at the moment. 

And this is what i was preaching all offseason…..our OL looks sick and not in a good way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, he has looked very solid in both games that he has played and has been good in camp by most accounts. I'm actually okay with him. I just don't trust the guards at all and this is why I think it would be good, at least in the early going to start Brunskill. Burford may be a great mid round find, but let Brunskill take over at RG to bring some veteran play to the OL and then make a change during the season if need be. 

What’s interesting is that the reports were that Poe was getting reps at LG on the first team, which suggests he was taking reps away from Banks, not Burford. 

I think there is very obviously going to be some growing pains with our first year guards, but having Brunskill as out primary backup at all 5 positions is so valuable IMO. I don’t want to see McKivitz or Moore on the field at all during the regular season. Watching them play last night may have aged me 5 years.