Week 1 Games

Leader

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

You're the only guy I've ever seen that hates Stafford lol

I hate that he is going to make the HOF, despite never being a top 5 QB at any time during his career.  He has led the league in INTs and passing attempts.  And by pure volume of passes, he will rank high in yards and tds.  Like, he is 12th in passing yards.  He will pass John Elway this season.  He is also 12th in TDs.  But he is certainly not that good.  Just watch him play.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hate that he is going to make the HOF, despite never being a top 5 QB at any time during his career.  He has led the league in INTs and passing attempts.  And by pure volume of passes, he will rank high in yards and tds.  Like, he is 12th in passing yards.  He will pass John Elway this season.  He is also 12th in TDs.  But he is certainly not that good.  Just watch him play.  

There was at least one season I'd say he was top five, that early one where he threw 40 tds. But for most of his career his contemporaries were Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Mahomes. Tough to crack a top five with those guys around.

There's also something to be said for always being top 10 for such a long period of time. Guys like Wentz and Lamar Jackson each have had one elite season but couldn't sustain it.

Do you think he deserves it less than Russ Wilson? I think they're probably about the same caliber player. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sandy said:

There was at least one season I'd say he was top five, that early one where he threw 40 tds. But for most of his career his contemporaries were Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Mahomes. Tough to crack a top five with those guys around.

There's also something to be said for always being top 10 for such a long period of time. Guys like Wentz and Lamar Jackson each have had one elite season but couldn't sustain it.

Do you think he deserves it less than Russ Wilson? I think they're probably about the same caliber player. 

HOF is for the best of the best.  I don't think that is Stafford.  I don't think that is Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers either.  I was called all kinds of stuff for arguing that Kirk Cousins is a top 10 QB, but people put Stafford in the HOF and nobody is going to bat an eye?  Russell Wilson is borderline for me, but I think he is better than Stafford.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

HOF is for the best of the best.  I don't think that is Stafford.  I don't think that is Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers either.  I was called all kinds of stuff for arguing that Kirk Cousins is a top 10 QB, but people put Stafford in the HOF and nobody is going to bat an eye?  Russell Wilson is borderline for me, but I think he is better than Stafford.

No offense to anyone who cares about it, but I just stopped arguing about who is HOF worthy one day after you realize it's everyone's own definition that you end up arguing and not really the players anymore. It's like even everyone had to argue about who was "elite" at QB for ages but it's all what elite means to them. 

Way too many guys get in imo but damn what's the harm really. It doesn't make the best players in it any worse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

No offense to anyone who cares about it, but I just stopped arguing about who is HOF worthy one day after you realize it's everyone's own definition that you end up arguing and not really the players anymore. It's like even everyone had to argue about who was "elite" at QB for ages but it's all what elite means to them. 

Way too many guys get in imo but damn what's the harm really. It doesn't make the best players in it any worse. 

I wondered if anyone else cared as little about the HOF as me. NFL or Packer. I tune it all out. I don't really care one way or another. 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I wondered if anyone else cared as little about the HOF as me. NFL or Packer. I tune it all out. I don't really care one way or another. 

It's something to talk about when there's nothing else I guess. But no I stopped caring a long time ago. I certainly can't get mad at someone for getting in anymore. 

Plus I have personal opinions like Namath absolutely belongs in, but STATZZZZ and stuff take over without really knowing why he got in and why he was important. But nobody cares because other guys with better stats aren't looked at and whatnot. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

When Terrell Davis made the Hall of Fame it no longer was about greatness for an extended period of time. He got in because he worked at the NFL Network. 

Totally agree with your sentiment. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but trashing Aaron Donald? Come on man! Every player who ever played in the league gets 'handled' once in a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

When Terrell Davis made the Hall of Fame it no longer was about greatness for an extended period of time. He got in because he worked at the NFL Network. 

Totally agree with your sentiment. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but trashing Aaron Donald? Come on man! Every player who ever played in the league gets 'handled' once in a while. 

Does every NFL player throw a tantrum? 

Remember when Julio Jones absolutely roasted Ladarius Gunter, so Gunter started punching Julio in the crotch?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I was kind of okay with TD getting in tbh. I guess you could say Sayers had been in and he was a burn bright RB, though I personally believe much better against his peers at the time. 

Part of it was he just had his knees go out, and that's not an excuse but without that you'd have gotten the numbers that would make you feel better. Same kind of deal with Gale I feel. 

While the dawn is about to break on this new NFL season, sadly the sun has set on our glorious Queen. A mixture of sorrow and joy comes over me. To think She will never witness the greatness of Aaron Rodgers playing on British soil makes you wonder does she leave this world with an unfulfilled life?

Anyway, all together now: God save our gracious Queen,Long live our noble Queen,God save the Queen! Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!

12 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

While the dawn is about to break on this new NFL season, sadly the sun has set on our glorious Queen. A mixture of sorrow and joy comes over me. To think She will never witness the greatness of Aaron Rodgers playing on British soil makes you wonder does she leave this world with an unfulfilled life?

Anyway, all together now: God save our gracious Queen,Long live our noble Queen,God save the Queen! Send her victorious,

Sorry for the loss! 

56 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I thought it was great when she went skydiving into that stadium. Plus, I’m almost 64 and until today she was Great Britain’s reigning monarch my entire life. Only about 5% of the planet can say otherwise.

I learned recently that in reality there are no restrictions on the power of the British monarchy, and only the wisdom of the monarchy compels it to share power with its people. May Charles grow the **** up and prove to be as wise.