2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't want Rivera trading up for a QB at this point. I'd love to have Stroud but he would immediately be put through a regime change at the end of this season and it would only hurt his development. Fields was the time to do it and they blew that. 

I don’t really care about Rivera or the foreseeable regime change. I want the best talent we can get. We’re likely not going to have the ability to draft a QB with his kind of talent for a while unless Josh Harris decides to tank like he did when bought the Sixers bc he trusted the process of building through the draft for a few years so they could be a contender for years to come.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya shocker.  Ohio State QBs run a one read only offense.  They are not prepared for the NFL.  Stroud also had arguably the greatest WRing core in college football history.  

Dude its a really damn good receiving corp lol. Like extremely good. Harrison Jr is incredible. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t really care about Rivera or the foreseeable regime change. I want the best talent we can get.

You have to consider it when it comes to a QB. An immediately regime change really hurts progress. I still stand by the fact that had KOC stuck around Dwayne would've been a different player. I don't want a QB drafted here and then immediately thwarting their development. 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya shocker.  Ohio State QBs run a one read only offense.  They are not prepared for the NFL.  Stroud also had arguably the greatest WRing core in college football history.  

That’s so Urban Meyer. They don’t run that offense anymore. Also, their 2022 WR corps wasn’t as great as it was in 2021 bc their best WR Jaxon Smith Njigba didn’t play but 1 game bc of his hamstring injury.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean I saw that but... that can't just be it right? Didn't stop people from when they had crappy Wonderlic scores. 

I mean, teams are stupid. They have all convinced themselves a guy who can't complete more than 52% of his passes is a top QB in this draft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

You have to consider it when it comes to a QB. An immediately regime change really hurts progress. I still stand by the fact that had KOC stuck around Dwayne would've been a different player. I don't want a QB drafted here and then immediately thwarting their development. 

I already said I don’t care. I want the talent. I’m tired of this damn team passing on talented players, especially top talents at QB or passing on the opportunity to trade up and get that QB. That’s why this team is stuck at mediocre at best.

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, I'd buy into THIS though. Still, I always thought he looked better than anything Haskins or Fields ever did. 

Especially vs Georgia & Harrison missed most of that game bc he got hurt & Stroud still tore up the best D in the nation.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, 4209 said:

HA yes glad you are alert. Yes typo. I meant MORNING  yeap pretty funny wasn't it. MORONING LO

A subliminal typo ! I kinda thought you meant it that way - it is very funny for our our team of R R and Mayhew. !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't want Rivera trading up for a QB at this point. I'd love to have Stroud but he would immediately be put through a regime change at the end of this season and it would only hurt his development. Fields was the time to do it and they blew that. 

Agree if you remember I was against trading up for Fields. To me if there was anyone to trade up for it was Parsons.  Bears need to get him some weapons b/c he can't keep constanting running.  Fields so far looks like the real deal. So maybe we should have made that trade. Image him with our WR. However my thinking at the time was looking into the future. I was hoping we had a chance at Caleb Williams. 

37 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Agree if you remember I was against trading up for Fields. To me if there was anyone to trade up for it was Parsons.  Bears need to get him some weapons b/c he can't keep constanting running.  Fields so far looks like the real deal. So maybe we should have made that trade. Image him with our WR. However my thinking at the time was looking into the future. I was hoping we had a chance at Caleb Williams. 

The Bears did that. They traded for DJ Moore & have Chase Claypool & Mooney returning from the last year. The Bears better take an OT in R1 & a few more OL throughout. They couldn’t protect Fields, that’s the biggest issue with their offense.

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Something must’ve got out. Like every single mock draft has changed to Emmanuel Forbes for us. And it would play right into these guys selecting a player much higher than he should go. It’s like an every year thing now.

But it keeps working out!