2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave and Washington all have a chance. Sam Laporta is a beast too. If you want a TE this is the draft to do it. 

I think some sleepers at TE that I like are the kid from Purdue Durham, Kuntz from Old Dominion and Averett from Bethune Cookman. Anywhere after the fifth round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Can’t wait to watch these Offensive Linemen and Running backs at the Combine today. 

Yeah, O-Line will be fun since we should be selecting one in the first three rounds I would think. 

O'Cyrus is rumored to run a 5.4 forty. That's slow. I'm not sure if the projection was when he weighed more at 350 pounds but if he can creep in the 5.2s I think that is a win. 

There's usually an O-line riser into the first round. Could be: Anton Harrison, Dawand Jones, John Michael Schmitz

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Yeah, O-Line will be fun since we should be selecting one in the first three rounds I would think. 

O'Cyrus is rumored to run a 5.4 forty. That's slow. I'm not sure if the projection was when he weighed more at 350 pounds but if he can creep in the 5.2s I think that is a win. 

There's usually an O-line riser into the first round. Could be: Anton Harrison, Dawand Jones, John Michael Schmitz

Dawand Jones could be the next Trent Brown. Schmitz is a great run blocker & a smart center. I sure hope they fall to round 2 though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know you don’t. I also know a year from now when none of the JAGs we have on our roster pan out that you’ll claim you wanted one of these TEs. 

I think that Bieniemy will draw up better plays to get the TE the ball more than baby Norv did. As I’ve said before when targeted the 2nd half of the year Logan was getting 5 or 6 recs a game. You work in Cole Turner as he develops & together w/ Bates you’re at 80 receptions between the 3 TEs & 6 to 10 TDs. We’re far better at TE than we are at OL. Gotta strengthen the OL so we can even pray of getting our TEs the ball.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think that Bieniemy will draw up better plays to get the TE the ball more than baby Norv did. As I’ve said before when targeted the 2nd half of the year Logan was getting 5 or 6 recs a game. You work in Cole Turner as he develops & together w/ Bates you’re at 80 receptions between the 3 TEs & 6 to 10 TDs. We’re far better at TE than we are at OL. Gotta strengthen the OL so we can even pray of getting our TEs the ball.

Or, hear me out here, you could just draft a better prospect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Oh I hear you, but I think w/in one year you’re forgetting the receiving prospect that Cole Turner was last year. He’s extremely talented & has great hands. 

We got extremely unlucky that Turner had a hamstring injury in camp & then got a concussion on top of Logan coming back from tearing his ACL & then also Amari Rogers got hurt in November.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly I love how we haven’t given this offseason away. I think they are dialed into this class I think they have ideas of where they are looking. But I do still think I could see this team moving for a QB but I think that’s a one off situation where the one the love falls too around 6ish. That said i think the one they woulda loved just tested himself into the top 5 with his hood tape. He has bad tape but Florida is a staff I don’t punish players for not maximizing themselves at right now.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We don’t have kelce tho they did and no body on this roster is reliable at tight end atm. Logan Thomas has been injured for two years now and is over 30. Draft one of these tight ends and we won’t regret it I mean seriously Darnell Washington could be unstoppable in our offense. 

4 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

You don’t want a tight end  at all in this draft? 

No, I don’t. We have Logan Thomas a reliable vet & we have 4 young TEs developing behind him.

I mean why not draft a WR in round 1? We could always use more weapons. Just forget about the OL, we don’t need that bc you don’t build a team from the trenches out or do you?

We should’ve learned our lesson last year. We didn’t struggle on offense bc we didn’t have reliable TEs, we struggled on offense bc our 5 OL couldn’t protect the QB so we had to keep 6 or even 7 blockers in to try to protect the QB. Our TEs & RBs both became blockers, not receiving weapons like they should’ve been if we had a better OL.

4 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

We don’t have kelce tho they did and no body on this roster is reliable at tight end atm. Logan Thomas has been injured for two years now and is over 30. Draft one of these tight ends and we won’t regret it I mean seriously Darnell Washington could be unstoppable in our offense. 

Logan Thomas had a 5 rec game & two 6 recs games in Nov & Dec with an offense that ran the ball 30 to 40 times a game while being asked to be a blocker and not a receiver bc our OL sucked so much.

We also have Bates, Turner, Rogers & Hodges.

How many young TEs do we need?

We need offensive linemen.

13 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Honestly I love how we haven’t given this offseason away. I think they are dialed into this class I think they have ideas of where they are looking. But I do still think I could see this team moving for a QB but I think that’s a one off situation where the one the love falls too around 6ish. That said i think the one they woulda loved just tested himself into the top 5 with his hood tape. He has bad tape but Florida is a staff I don’t punish players for not maximizing themselves at right now.

Tape means more than the combine. We’ve seen guys blow at the combine like Willis & Kellen Mond & then not perform well bc they struggled when playing against the good to great NFL defenders. I am not sold on Richardson.