2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

Hard to ignore the upside of Darnell Washington with that size and speed and strength. He’s easily the best blocking TE in the draft, one of the best I’ve ever seen. With that speed and those arms, could he develop into a good receiver as well? Can’t do it as early as 16 for a guy we haven’t really seen be a skilled receiver, but man…the floor is so high due to the elite blocking, and worst case scenario he’s gotta be a decent seam-runner and threat after the catch with the athletic traits.

• Like 1

Watchout Fellas Duece is on the lose . As an OU fan we are happy Duece is headed to the NFL. Good riddance. The NFL can have him. In the big 12 the best RB  there is no doubt who is the best RB Bijan Robinson who gets all the pype and deservingly so. But Duece not Bijan was the rb we (OU) had alot of problem with. Now at OU we don't play any defense LOL but Duece was running on everybody in the big 12. Reminds be of another Kansas state RB the Big 12 also had problems with back in the early 2000 Daren Spropls. Deuce weakness is in pass blocking guys and he may not make it in the NFL but man I tell you  we are certainly  glad that diminutive SOB is GONE!!!!!! See YA

The RB from Illinois Chase Brown is nice and smooth in his drills Looks like an all round RB. Like him alot!!!!!!

Saw all of these players play in HS here in Dallas Tx and I knew all of them would be in the NFL one day, LB Drew Sanders, Marvin Mims, Jaxon Smith-Njigba to name a few.

There are a few other players that impressed me also. Unfortunately I missed the OL today and this is big need for us. Have to catch the replay later tonight 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think that’s where he should be. Think he’s a really great bet to be “good.” But athletically, I just don’t see him transcending to “great” or beyond. He’s very effective, but he doesn’t really dominate in the way you’d want a guard in the top 20 to do.

Maybe we can trade down 5 or so spots pick up an extra 3rd and take him. 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

sucks that we’re not on this list but hopefully we will meet with him already or will go to his pro day/work him out personally.

Wouldn’t pay too much attention to these . Last year if I’m not mistaken we did not have a 1 on 1 with Dotson but drafted him anyway . 

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No, I don’t. We have Logan Thomas a reliable vet & we have 4 young TEs developing behind him.

I mean why not draft a WR in round 1? We could always use more weapons. Just forget about the OL, we don’t need that bc you don’t build a team from the trenches out or do you?

We should’ve learned our lesson last year. We didn’t struggle on offense bc we didn’t have reliable TEs, we struggled on offense bc our 5 OL couldn’t protect the QB so we had to keep 6 or even 7 blockers in to try to protect the QB. Our TEs & RBs both became blockers, not receiving weapons like they should’ve been if we had a better OL.

Come on man lol why would we draft another wr when we have 3 already?? The tight end position is weak and no , Thomas was not reliable he’s been Mia for like two years now .

We need more weapons and if we are planning to pass a lot having an TE that’s a threat will only make us better . I’ll be furious if Logan Thomas is the starter next year .

15 hours ago, 4209 said:

Watchout Fellas Duece is on the lose . As an OU fan we are happy Duece is headed to the NFL. Good riddance. The NFL can have him. In the big 12 the best RB  there is no doubt who is the best RB Bijan Robinson who gets all the pype and deservingly so. But Duece not Bijan was the rb we (OU) had alot of problem with. Now at OU we don't play any defense LOL but Duece was running on everybody in the big 12. Reminds be of another Kansas state RB the Big 12 also had problems with back in the early 2000 Daren Spropls. Deuce weakness is in pass blocking guys and he may not make it in the NFL but man I tell you  we are certainly  glad that diminutive SOB is GONE!!!!!! See YA

The RB from Illinois Chase Brown is nice and smooth in his drills Looks like an all round RB. Like him alot!!!!!!

Saw all of these players play in HS here in Dallas Tx and I knew all of them would be in the NFL one day, LB Drew Sanders, Marvin Mims, Jaxon Smith-Njigba to name a few.

There are a few other players that impressed me also. Unfortunately I missed the OL today and this is big need for us. Have to catch the replay later tonight 

I’d love to get Deuce Vaughn. I think we can get him in the late rounds like the 5th or 6th.

18 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Come on man lol why would we draft another wr when we have 3 already?? The tight end position is weak and no , Thomas was not reliable he’s been Mia for like two years now .

We need more weapons and if we are planning to pass a lot having an TE that’s a threat will only make us better . I’ll be furious if Logan Thomas is the starter next year .

It's a joke. I wouldn't draft a WR in round 1 just like I wouldn't draft a TE. I like our TE group. We have. Reliable vet & talented young guys developing behind him.