2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

Kiper’s new mock had us going with CB Emmanuel Forbes from Mississippi State at 16. Tall, rangy, unbelievably thin (6’1 and 166 pounds) player with great ball skills (14 INTs) and a knack for big plays (a record 6 career pick-6s).

Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, Broderick Jones, and Joey Porter all off the board when we picked, as well as the top 4 QBs. No WRs or TEs taken, nor Bijan Robinson. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Kiper’s new mock had us going with CB Emmanuel Forbes from Mississippi State at 16. Tall, rangy, unbelievably thin (6’1 and 166 pounds) player with great ball skills (14 INTs) and a knack for big plays (a record 6 career pick-6s).

Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, Broderick Jones, and Joey Porter all off the board when we picked, as well as the top 4 QBs. No WRs or TEs taken, nor Bijan Robinson. 

That would be a hell of a reach for Forbes. I had him in a potential trade down to the second. I hate this "corner at all costs" mentality. If the big boys are gone just go with the best player available and that sure as hell isn't Forbes at 16.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That would be a hell of a reach for Forbes. I had him in a potential trade down to the second. I hate this "corner at all costs" mentality. If the big boys are gone just go with the best player available and that sure as hell isn't Forbes at 16.

I think Mel is sniffing his hair spray too long. 
For me that would be a disaster at 16. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think that big board might be the worst case scenario for us. You would think that one of the top tier CBs or Broderick Jones would still be available. I'm probably looking at RB Bijan Robinson or TE Michael Mayer in that situation. 

Essentially, the Jahan Dotson deal lol. Trade down and still reach. Sounds very Rivera 

You still feel that Dotson was a reach? 

Arguably that trade down was the best personnel decision this staff has made. Dotson, Robinson, Howell and Turner all are here because of the trade down...

I don't have any issues with griping about Rivera and Co, but im not sure why anyone would have issues with the trade now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

You still feel that Dotson was a reach? 

Arguably that trade down was the best personnel decision this staff has made. Dotson, Robinson, Howell and Turner all are here because of the trade down...

I don't have any issues with griping about Rivera and Co, but im not sure why anyone would have issues with the trade now

I do because I think you could've got him in the early to mid 20s so they could've potentially moved down again and if he was gone Christian Watson was still available. I think Dotson certainly outperformed his draft ranking but that doesn't mean its not a reach. Its probably nitpicking at this point but when your track record is one like Rivera's his needless ability to overdraft a player should be criticized. 

I do because I think you could've got him in the early to mid 20s so they could've potentially moved down again and if he was gone Christian Watson was still available. I think Dotson certainly outperformed his draft ranking but that doesn't mean its not a reach. Its probably nitpicking at this point but when your track record is one like Rivera's his needless ability to overdraft a player should be criticized. 

Dotson was a consensus first round pick.  Anything after the top 12-14 talents in a draft there's usually another 30 or so guys that could go in the 15-45 range.  Calling Dotson a reach last year is kind of ridiculous imo. 

• Like 1