2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

7 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I think we are completely fine with Brob and Gibby honestly. Although I wouldn’t be made at Bijan pick either.

If that’s the pick then to me you have to make a decision based off these two choices

1.) cut/trade samuel and allow Gibson to play slot/a Deebo type roll and still get some touches here and there in the back field.

2.) trade Gibson for the best return

peopke sour on Gibson bc of the fumbles earlier in his career but he’s been a good back. There’s no arguing that. Him and Brob aren’t a bad 1 2 punch

I soured on Gibson because he’s just not a very good RB. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I soured on Gibson because he’s just not a very good RB. 

AG is very good in open space but just doesn’t have the natural instincts of a RB. If EB can use him like they used Percy Harvin in Minn, that could open things up and make this offense more dynamic. 
B-Rob really finishes his runs. I worry about his health and I wouldn’t be opposed at all on picking up another RB, like a Spears. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 11:17 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ve been high on AT Perry for a long time. As most people know, I’m not preoccupied with height in receivers, and I actually think it’s almost a negative thing in evaluating receivers. It’s not that being tall is a bad thing, but tall receivers often lack the things you need to consistently get open at the NFL level — stop/start skills, quick breaks, subtlety in movements that requires top and bottom to be connected — and their height allows them to be successful despite lacking those things. It kinda gives them camouflage because they can bully college DBs in ways that they won’t be able to do in the NFL. 

I’ve actually kinda cooled on AT as the rest of the draft world seems to be finally be warming up to him. He’s just not very physical at the catch point, and with a guy that size, you really want to feel as though he’s going to be winning a lot of 50/50 balls for you. That’s not his game at all, and it makes it harder to get excited about the size.

I still appreciate that he’s a tall, fluid, fast guy, and I still love the way he catches the ball and immediately looks to attack after the catch. You don’t see that in big guys a lot. A lot of the makings of a Tee Higgins are still in there, but I don’t know that you can really “teach” a guy how to aggressively attack the ball and make those close quarter catches. A lot of that is innate. 

If he’s still there in the 4th, I’d give it a strong look. Before then, with this roster, I’d have to pass.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:03 PM, turtle28 said:

Our offense is now the Chiefs offense so I'm confused by the comment.

He’d be a special teams return man for us as a young RB & we need more depth & it's a 6th round pick.

True no doubt he could fit into Bienemy offense and yes he did some KR at Kansas state but I just think giving Andy Reid and Mahomes this kind of toy to play with would really be unfair.  He is not going to be an every down back  but he does have some very legs. Nice change of pace RB or gadget player with some concern in pass protection. One of the things Vaughn has going for him is at K state he is an expert at getting lost behind the OL. Look to me puting Vaughn in the backfield with MAHOMES would really be fun. We don't have a Mahomes nor and Andy Reid. Now I concur with you we have Beienemy and Vuaghn could fit nicely in Bienemy offense. Theres talk of the Skins really being intertested in the Tulane RB. But man like I said he would be really nice in KC. Now KC is his home town OK and you can bet Andy is watching as a matter of fact turtle28 don't be suprise if they take him earlier than the 6th rd. Also his father is a scout for these boys down here in Big D. Duce would be nice in the Boys Offense as well and there has been some talk about Duce in Dallas as well. So all in all I am not saying Vaughn wouldn't be nice in Bienemy offense but giving hito Andy Reid and Mahomes would be extraordinary and just dam right ridiculous!!!!!!! 

Edited by 4209