2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Luxury pick? 

It depends. If there isn’t a OT worth the pick and you don’t get any favorable trade down scenarios then I wouldn’t call it a luxury pick. I love Brian Robinson but Bijan is a game breaking back. Personally I’d rather wait and take Spears because of the value but Bijan is so good I wouldn’t be mad. He adds an element to the offense we don’t have and it allows them to either trade Gibby or move him to wide out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Is that something you read or you just came up with this scenario?

Just came up with. Was looking at what teams had multiple second round picks and I think it could be a good deal for us in a draft like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if we could get 48, 55 and 81 from Detroit for 16 and 97? It's quite the drop but having three second round picks would help out tremendously. 

Both of the trade charts I typically look at say that 16 is worth more than 48 + 55 + 81. For me, just based on that, adding in 97 would be a non-starter.

I have to say, 48 is a bit lower than I’d like to drop in this draft. My board got absolutely ravaged in the top half of the 2nd round last year (Cine, Pitre, Walker, Breece, etc) and I could easily see that happening again with guys like Torrence, Schmitz, Campbell, Dawand Jones, Darnell Wright, the CB6-CB10 gang, Mayer/Kincaid/Washington, etc. all seeming like good bets to come off between like 25-45. 

But I would certainly be intrigued by a move like that. Perhaps we could keep moving around the board (if we were a different team than we are). I’m not sure there’s a huge gap between the 16th best player and, say, the 40th. A smart team may exploit that.

On 3/12/2023 at 7:31 PM, e16bball said:

Both of the trade charts I typically look at say that 16 is worth more than 48 + 55 + 81. For me, just based on that, adding in 97 would be a non-starter.

I have to say, 48 is a bit lower than I’d like to drop in this draft. My board got absolutely ravaged in the top half of the 2nd round last year (Cine, Pitre, Walker, Breece, etc) and I could easily see that happening again with guys like Torrence, Schmitz, Campbell, Dawand Jones, Darnell Wright, the CB6-CB10 gang, Mayer/Kincaid/Washington, etc. all seeming like good bets to come off between like 25-45. 

But I would certainly be intrigued by a move like that. Perhaps we could keep moving around the board (if we were a different team than we are). I’m not sure there’s a huge gap between the 16th best player and, say, the 40th. A smart team may exploit that.

If I'm dropping out of the 1st and giving someone the 16th pick and dropping to 48? Then part of what comes back to me is a 2024 1st rounder. I'll take less in 2023 compensation (or even throw in the 97) to get the 2024 1st rounder. I haven't seen the trade chart but I do know you count the picks as one round lower for each year you have to wait. But no way am I dropping 32 picks and not getting a 1st rounder (and their 5 years of rookie compensation) out of the deal 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 1:58 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Luxury pick? 

So this is where I’m at. This isn’t a luxury pick. A truely special RB over history have helped QB’s on rookie deals maximize their game. I think about Big Ben having the bus and Willie Parker. Russ having beast mode. Alex Smith on bad teams was able to have Frank Gore as that saftey outlet even with all the bad teams. Peyton having Marshall then edge man I just think about Trevor having Eitiene.

Like Robinson is one of those players that defys that positional value because this dude has that Lev bell Patience and vision with more juice and he’s as good of a pass catcher as there is I’d say right there with Cristian Mac. You have his game paired with our other backs to spell him in BRob who’s a hammer good lord that’s a special and I mean as special as a combo as it gets. While the position doesn’t age well when you have a QB who can move and you give them these type of backs as saftey outlets that’s like having that dynamic TE. Sam had two talented Backs at UNC and man he didn’t have too run but he’s a super effective runner. You add his ability with the Robinson twins and that be a special group. Yes you want to go OL but Bijan is the type of back that should go too 5. If he’s there at 16 you can call it a luxuary pick but I’ve never even seen this team with a special player at that position. Portis was a heck of a football player but we’ve never drafted a truely special player at that position. Really good teams can pound you down and you want a top 5 defense that running game to counter with Sam’s arm and our wideouts we’d be something dynamic IMO. It’s only luxury because your not thinking about having the best back in the league and a top five offense to match our top 5 defense. It isn’t a luxuary when that happens.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

So this is where I’m at. This isn’t a luxury pick. A truely special RB over history have helped QB’s on rookie deals maximize their game. I think about Big Ben having the bus and Willie Parker. Russ having beast mode. Alex Smith on bad teams was able to have Frank Gore as that saftey outlet even with all the bad teams. Peyton having Marshall then edge man I just think about Trevor having Eitiene.

Like Robinson is one of those players that defys that positional value because this dude has that Lev bell Patience and vision with more juice and he’s as good of a pass catcher as there is I’d say right there with Cristian Mac. You have his game paired with our other backs to spell him in BRob who’s a hammer good lord that’s a special and I mean as special as a combo as it gets. While the position doesn’t age well when you have a QB who can move and you give them these type of backs as saftey outlets that’s like having that dynamic TE. Sam had two talented Backs at UNC and man he didn’t have too run but he’s a super effective runner. You add his ability with the Robinson twins and that be a special group. Yes you want to go OL but Bijan is the type of back that should go too 5. If he’s there at 16 you can call it a luxuary pick but I’ve never even seen this team with a special player at that position. Portis was a heck of a football player but we’ve never drafted a truely special player at that position. Really good teams can pound you down and you want a top 5 defense that running game to counter with Sam’s arm and our wideouts we’d be something dynamic IMO. It’s only luxury because your not thinking about having the best back in the league and a top five offense to match our top 5 defense. It isn’t a luxuary when that happens.

We've never really had a guy who can just run away from a defense outside of Portis. We have Gibson who's not really a RB and Brian Robinson who's a bruiser but Bijan would just change so much of what we're able to do on offense and how defenses could attack us. 

• Like 1

I think we are completely fine with Brob and Gibby honestly. Although I wouldn’t be made at Bijan pick either.

If that’s the pick then to me you have to make a decision based off these two choices

1.) cut/trade samuel and allow Gibson to play slot/a Deebo type roll and still get some touches here and there in the back field.

2.) trade Gibson for the best return

peopke sour on Gibson bc of the fumbles earlier in his career but he’s been a good back. There’s no arguing that. Him and Brob aren’t a bad 1 2 punch

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We've never really had a guy who can just run away from a defense outside of Portis. We have Gibson who's not really a RB and Brian Robinson who's a bruiser but Bijan would just change so much of what we're able to do on offense and how defenses could attack us. 

That’s what I’m saying!!! Like I’m tired of seeing that electric player like Parsons, Dez, Odel, like I’m over that electric game hanger going to the East!!! Like we always pass the type of player who can change your idenity because of a plan. The plan changes every 5 minutes but you get a guy like this and that’s when you start to attack the defense not just try and outsmart them. As you said we have two other talented RB’s if you add a Bijan man good lord!!! I really do love him Achane and Spears. Those are the 3 I really think make the biggest impact in the NFL.

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

I think we are completely fine with Brob and Gibby honestly. Although I wouldn’t be made at Bijan pick either.

If that’s the pick then to me you have to make a decision based off these two choices

1.) cut/trade samuel and allow Gibson to play slot/a Deebo type roll and still get some touches here and there in the back field.

2.) trade Gibson for the best return

peopke sour on Gibson bc of the fumbles earlier in his career but he’s been a good back. There’s no arguing that. Him and Brob aren’t a bad 1 2 punch

I love AG. The fumbles were tough but he’s never been properly used. He is a weapon. You don’t just 23 dive a guy because he’s big enough too so it. I’m glad he’s grown at things but he should be playing the game in space. He’s a modern day player you don’t use him like it’s a 2009 back that can catch wheels you have to use him everywhere.