College Football Week 1 Thread: HERE WE (REALLY) GO!

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

When you play a D1 school, absolutely.

When you look at the NFL draft, absolutely.

Danny Woodhead was the greatest FCS player in history for perspective.

Oh like if we're talking like holding up in the pros, maybe. There's not near the size disparity as there once was though.

Danny woodhead i absolutely not the best FCS player ever either. Lol. He didn't even play in the FCS/1AA. You're talking to the wrong cat if you wanna talk second and third tier CFB, no offense, I'm not trying to be rude. It's just my jam, which I'm sure means I'm a little biased but it's 100% obviously on the come up but a lot of old stereotypes remain too prevalent. 

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Oh like if we're talking like holding up in the pros, maybe. There's not near the size disparity as there once was though.

I don’t think you’re understanding me. I’m speaking head to head with a D1 Power 5 school.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Danny woodhead i absolutely not the best FCS player ever either. Lol. He didn't even play in the FCS/1AA. You're talking to the wrong cat if you wanna talk second and third tier CFB, no offense, I'm not trying to be rude. It's just my jam, which I'm sure means I'm a little biased but it's 100% obviously on the come up but a lot of old stereotypes remain too prevalent. 

Chadron State is D2. Close enough 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a former D2 athlete I can tell you this. The physical difference and injury inequity head to head is absolutely a factor. I’m not talking about severity, but simply stoppage of play. 

I mean, I was a D2 athlete and the son of a D2 coach. I've never once before today thought, wow they end up laying on the field way more often that stops games.

There's no data out there but I'd bet a bit there's not a huge disparity. But anyways, not worth me arguing about, just never thought about it before

Just now, MWil23 said:

I don’t think you’re understanding me. I’m speaking head to head with a D1 Power 5 school.

Chadron State is D2. Close enough 

Oh okay, I thought you meant just straight up like they end up hurt more often, I'm sure they take more injuries than their FBS opponents, no doubt.