Saints trade DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Eagles

TheKillerNacho

Would have traded Mullen for him. I like Mullen but peanuts were given and adding CGJ to our D...Ohhhh the possibilities. I'd think Mullen would have been better than the peanuts NO got from Philly. Great job Philly I think 30 teams are jelly. lol 

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Do you actually believe theyre good?

I think they are well coached.  I think the talent is better than the national media gives them credit for.  I think that they have a favorable schedule to say the least.  And I think in most of the 17 games they play this year they will have the QB advantage.  I'm guessing they become this years version of the Eagles where somewhere around mid-season the media will finally admit they are better than they thought, but in any serious contention for the title.  Best case 1 and done in the playoffs, worst case, barring catastrophic injury, 6 or 7 wins.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think they are well coached.  I think the talent is better than the national media gives them credit for.  I think that they have a favorable schedule to say the least.  And I think in most of the 17 games they play this year they will have the QB advantage.  I'm guessing they become this years version of the Eagles where somewhere around mid-season the media will finally admit they are better than they thought, but in any serious contention for the title.  Best case 1 and done in the playoffs, worst case, barring catastrophic injury, 6 or 7 wins.

Time will tell I just dont see It.

I do believe In Justin Fields, I just dont think a defensive minded HC along with the worst OL in the league and Darnell Mooney as their #1 WR is a recipe to help Fields develop.

11 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Time will tell I just dont see It.

I do believe In Justin Fields, I just dont think a defensive minded HC along with the worst OL in the league and Darnell Mooney as their #1 WR is a recipe to help Fields develop.

Quick question, what makes the Bears OL the worst in the league?

18 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Quick question, what makes the Bears OL the worst in the league?

When Cody Whitehair is your best OL things will be rough

Starting a rookie 5th round pick at LT doesnt seem like the best idea as well

And Riley Reiff whos on his 3rd team in 3 years whom the Vikings didnt even want isnt the solution either (given it was more $ related than anything) The Bengals didnt even want him back they went out grabbed La'el Collins

But hey maybe Alex Leatherwood Is your answer, I think they gave up on him too soon but well see, Not looking good though for him after being cut 1 year into his rookie deal

May not be the worst In the league but a bottom 5 no doubt

Edited by mattyice0401

34 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

When Cody Whitehair is your best OL things will be rough

Starting a rookie 5th round pick at LT doesnt seem like the best idea as well

And Riley Reiff whos on his 3rd team in 3 years whom the Vikings didnt even want isnt the solution either (given it was more $ related than anything) The Bengals didnt even want him back they went out grabbed La'el Collins

But hey maybe Alex Leatherwood Is your answer, I think they gave up on him too soon but well see, Not looking good though for him after being cut 1 year into his rookie deal

May not be the worst In the league but a bottom 5 no doubt

And here's my point.  You are parroting a narrative of which None of what was said above is true (sans maybe Whitehair being the best known quantity).  So Reilly Reiff is the swing tackle not the starter at either position.  As far as insurance policies at OT, that's probably better than most teams have.  The rookie 5th round pick profiles as a franchise LT, but went to not only an FCS school, but a really bad FCS school.  I'm sure you don't know a ton about Braxton Jones and I don't blame you bc I didn't until he became a Bear.  He took over the LT role at the end of OTAs.  The beat guys were all "yeah he looks good, but he's a 5th round pick, no way they're going to start him, they'll replace him in TC.  Then the Bears sign Reiff and the beat and national guys all assume Reiff is coming in to take over as the starting LT.  Meanwhile Jones continues to be LT w/ the ones and eventually the beat guys come around to "hey this is a real thing.  He has put some really good things on tape, but also had some not so good things as well.  Truth is draft position doesn't really mean much after the players are signed.  Starting any rookie is going to include ups and downs but Jones at this point anyway looks like a positive not a negative.  Here let me help you out.

LT-Braxton Jones, rookie LT 

LG-Cody Whitehair, the definition of solid and versatile

C- Lucas Patrick, FA signed who started 16 games for GB last year and played really well

RG-Tevin Jenkins, 2nd year 2nd round pick, hurt most of last year played REALLY well since moving to RG

RT-Larry Borom, 2nd year 5th round pick who went up against a who's who of pass rushers last year and more than held his own, after returning to the lineup after a getting a concussion in camp last year.

Just so you are aware the only week 1 starter who is returning from last year is Whitehair the other 4 are either new to the Bears, or new to starting the season.  Basing what this year's OL is going to do off of last year's performance is foolhardy, as literally only 1 of those guys is there.  

44 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And here's my point.  You are parroting a narrative of which None of what was said above is true (sans maybe Whitehair being the best known quantity).  So Reilly Reiff is the swing tackle not the starter at either position.  As far as insurance policies at OT, that's probably better than most teams have.  The rookie 5th round pick profiles as a franchise LT, but went to not only an FCS school, but a really bad FCS school.  I'm sure you don't know a ton about Braxton Jones and I don't blame you bc I didn't until he became a Bear.  He took over the LT role at the end of OTAs.  The beat guys were all "yeah he looks good, but he's a 5th round pick, no way they're going to start him, they'll replace him in TC.  Then the Bears sign Reiff and the beat and national guys all assume Reiff is coming in to take over as the starting LT.  Meanwhile Jones continues to be LT w/ the ones and eventually the beat guys come around to "hey this is a real thing.  He has put some really good things on tape, but also had some not so good things as well.  Truth is draft position doesn't really mean much after the players are signed.  Starting any rookie is going to include ups and downs but Jones at this point anyway looks like a positive not a negative.  Here let me help you out.

LT-Braxton Jones, rookie LT 

LG-Cody Whitehair, the definition of solid and versatile

C- Lucas Patrick, FA signed who started 16 games for GB last year and played really well

RG-Tevin Jenkins, 2nd year 2nd round pick, hurt most of last year played REALLY well since moving to RG

RT-Larry Borom, 2nd year 5th round pick who went up against a who's who of pass rushers last year and more than held his own, after returning to the lineup after a getting a concussion in camp last year.

Just so you are aware the only week 1 starter who is returning from last year is Whitehair the other 4 are either new to the Bears, or new to starting the season.  Basing what this year's OL is going to do off of last year's performance is foolhardy, as literally only 1 of those guys is there.  

I'll will be more than happy to admit Im wrong but I dont see a great OL there at all, alot of hope and speculation there. Save the conversation and tell me "I told you so" after the season is over and I'll admit I was wrong

Edited by mattyice0401

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So you're response to someone asking for evidence for an extraordinary claim is to then ask for someone to prove a negative.  Just helps prove my point.

I didn't see any extraordinary claim, just an ordinary one. Why should he provide evidence when you didn't? The general consensus is the Bears will have the worst or one of the worst OL's in the league. If you think this claim is extraordinary, go ahead and make a "Which Team will have the Worst OL this season?" poll in the comparison section. The Bears will be either the most voted for or 2nd most voted for.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I didn't see any extraordinary claim, just an ordinary one. Why should he provide evidence when you didn't? The general consensus is the Bears will have the worst or one of the worst OL's in the league. If you think this claim is extraordinary, go ahead and make a "Which Team will have the Worst OL this season?" poll in the comparison section. The Bears will be either the most voted for or 2nd most voted for.

Calling something the worst is an extraordinary claim by definition.  An ordinary claim is "the Bears OL will be bad".  If you want to make that statement without evidence ehh ok.  But to say something, anything, is definitively the worst w/o a single snap of meaningful football having been played, well that's just dumb.   And polls are not evidence of anything, besides popular opinion, you realize that right.  All that pill tells you is that people have heard the national media pedal a narrative all summer long about an OL that no longer exists, that was coached by a coach who was fired in a system that has been replaced.  You tell me how anyone knows whether the Bears OL is going to be good or bad.  Based on the preseason it looks to be at least league average, but hey you do you boo.  So certainly yes, me claiming a team is league average in a league that is designed to have every team go .500, and keep the talent pretty equally dispersed across all teams is absolutely an extraordinary claim.

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I'll will be more than happy to admit Im wrong but I dont see a great OL there at all, alot of hope and speculation there. Save the conversation and tell me "I told you so" after the season is over and I'll admit I was wrong

Nobody said great, what part of anything I said said great?  I have all along maintained the talent is league average.  I'll let you in on a secret, odds are I'm much more right than you are.