2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

57 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its good for us that he declared. but I would be underwhelmed with him as a pick for us

He is very solid, but I think he is maxed out on potential, he doesnt have a singular Great trait, much less elite. And he is helped by the massive talent around him on that Line.

If he was from any lower tier program from Ohio St, this would show so much more and he would be seen as a fringe Top 100 prospect

With mustipher being the floor, I’d take a plastic bag at center at this point 

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

With mustipher being the floor, I’d take a plastic bag at center at this point 

And I understand/share that sentiment

Im just saying , I think there would be better talent available in the 2nd for us (not saying at Center specifically, although there is) and a similar Center prospect later in the draft

I still think the Floor for the Center Position is Patrick, but the hand injury really messed with that plan. Again, Im not saying hes Jason Kelce over here, just that he is a much higher/safer floor than what we ended up with this year.

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You get three offers for 1.1, and say they don't get the massive haul we dream of. 

Your potions-

HOU give you 1.2 and a 2nd

AZ gives 1.3 and Hopkins

IND gives you 1.4 and Buckner, and a 4th.

What do you choose?

For me, it depends on what happened in FA. If we can land Payne or Hargrave then I would go with the AZ trade if not then I'm taking IND's

53 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You get three offers for 1.1, and say they don't get the massive haul we dream of. 

Your potions-

AZ gives 1.3 and Hopkins

What do you choose?

As mentioned, depends on what we do in FA. But i would take the texans trade and see what happens from there. could you then flip that 2nd into hopkins if needed? if hop could be had for our 3rd, then we have more ammo with that 2nd round pick. also gives us a chance to trade back again, maybe with SEA, LV, ATL, CAR, TEN for a team looking to jump indy for that 2nd qb. 

lots of variables. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Your potions-

AZ gives 1.3 and Hopkins

What do you choose?

The Houston deal is by far the most valuable in a vacuum, and thats the only way we can look at it at this point

I dont think Hopkins is going for a 1st rounder, so that 2nd is more valuable. and Buckner is worth less than Hop, especially with a bigger Cap number.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The Houston deal is by far the most valuable in a vacuum, and thats the only way we can look at it at this point

I dont think Hopkins is going for a 1st rounder, so that 2nd is more valuable. and Buckner is worth less than Hop, especially with a bigger Cap number.

I'm asking for mock purposes. Lol

Neither is worth 1.1 alone but I can be swayed to still get Anderson or Carter AND take Buckner or Hopkins. 

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I'm asking for mock purposes. Lol

Neither is worth 1.1 alone but I can be swayed to still get Anderson or Carter AND take Buckner or Hopkins. 

Mock or not, my points still remain. 1.2 and 2.2 are worth more than just one of those players. even throwing in a 4th doesnt make up for it

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its good for us that he declared. but I would be underwhelmed with him as a pick for us

He is very solid, but I think he is maxed out on potential, he doesnt have a singular Great trait, much less elite. And he is helped by the massive talent around him on that Line.

If he was from any lower tier program from Ohio St, this would show so much more and he would be seen as a fringe Top 100 prospect

I think the history of Ohio State centres helps him…lot of good guys in the league…I think he has a lot of really good traits…like you said not many elite but if he did he goes in the 1st rancher than late 2nd.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Your potions-

AZ gives 1.3 and Hopkins

What do you choose?

I tell them all to try again since they would be way under value.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Mock or not, my points still remain. 1.2 and 2.2 are worth more than just one of those players. even throwing in a 4th doesnt make up for it

Wasn't arguing that it didn't lol.  I'll be more direct since I didn't ask for some reason. What I was wanting to find out is what do you and @Madmike90 (and anyone else) think would be fair and realistic trades with these three teams? I do mean pre-draft and I'm open to making double trades.

29 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Wasn't arguing that it didn't lol.  I'll be more direct since I didn't ask for some reason. What I was wanting to find out is what do you and @Madmike90 (and anyone else) think would be fair and realistic trades with these three teams? I do mean pre-draft and I'm open to making double trades.

For me the Colts feel the most likely to want to trade up...so the first thing I would be doing is assigning points to some of the players we could be interested in so lets say...

DeForest Buckner - Late 1st feels about fair value so say 700 point = #26 overall pick

Kenny Moore II, Braden Smith & Michael Pittman are all other guys who play primer positions who would be worth less but could be fits but let's stick with Buckner...

#4 is worth 1800 points...700 point for Buckner still leaves them 500 points short of the 3000 points the #1 pick is worth...add in the fact that they want to jump a divisional rival to get what will be the face of their franchise and a QB you probably add another 300-500 points on that value...I would be looking for...

Bears trade

Pick #1 - 3000-3500 points

Colts trade

#4 - 1800 points

#35 - 550 points

DT - DeForest Buckner 700 points

2024 2nd round pick - 430 points as valued as pick #16 in the round

Total points: 3480 points

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

For me the Colts feel the most likely to want to trade up...so the first thing I would be doing is assigning points to some of the players we could be interested in so lets say...

DeForest Buckner - Late 1st feels about fair value so say 700 point = #26 overall pick

Kenny Moore II, Braden Smith & Michael Pittman are all other guys who play primer positions who would be worth less but could be fits but let's stick with Buckner...

#4 is worth 1800 points...700 point for Buckner still leaves them 500 points short of the 3000 points the #1 pick is worth...add in the fact that they want to jump a divisional rival to get what will be the face of their franchise and a QB you probably add another 300-500 points on that value...I would be looking for...

Bears trade

Pick #1 - 3000-3500 points

Colts trade

#4 - 1800 points

#35 - 550 points

DT - DeForest Buckner 700 points

2024 2nd round pick - 430 points as valued as pick #16 in the round

Total points: 3480 points

One thing I would say is I am using Buckner as an example here because I think Flus would want him but I would be just as happy targeting the same draft capital and say Kenny Moore II & one of their young DEs Kwity Paye or Dayo Odeyingbo (who I really like) if they really want to keep Buckner.

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

One thing I would say is I am using Buckner as an example here because I think Flus would want him but I would be just as happy targeting the same draft capital and say Kenny Moore II & one of their young DEs Kwity Paye or Dayo Odeyingbo (who I really like) if they really want to keep Buckner.

I think you have a decent chance to get Paye as a cherry on top of a large draft pick package. If Buckner were in the deal I think draft compensation is a lot less because he’s a known high end commodity. Paye is still far more potential at this point, but for us, putting him opposite Anderson or next to Carter (or Payne 🙏) would put him in a great spot to be able to try to reach that potential. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think you have a decent chance to get Paye as a cherry on top of a large draft pick package. If Buckner were in the deal I think draft compensation is a lot less because he’s a known high end commodity. Paye is still far more potential at this point, but for us, putting him opposite Anderson or next to Carter (or Payne 🙏) would put him in a great spot to be able to try to reach that potential. 

I think you guys are overestimating Bucks draft compensation. That’s a massive cap hit that comes with him, that the Colts will absorb none of, and most teams can’t just take that on.

He was traded straight up for the #13 pick, and that was 3 years ago. 

• Like 2