2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

How does that change for you (or doesn’t it?) if we add Payne or Dre’mont Jones or Hargrave in FA before the draft? 

It no doubt closes the gap but I would have no issue with Payne on the nose with Carter at UT...or Jones at LE with Carter at UT...only one that would really change it is Hargrave who IMO in this scheme is a pure UT...then I think the gap is close but again that depends on who else we sign...if we got say Hargrave & Jones then I would still go Carter because I think he is just such a difference maker and as the best teams have proven you need to be able to rotate these guys in and out to get the best of of them...snap counts on these sort of guys are interesting...

Daron Payne - played 87% of defensive snaps

Dre'mont Jones - played 81% of defensive snaps

Zach Allen - played 79% of defensive snaps

Javon Hargrave - played 64% of defensive snaps

Charles Omenihu - played 54% of defensive snaps

Marcus Davenport - played 50% of defensive snaps

Dawuane Smoot - played 44% of defensive snaps

Arden Key - played 41% of defensive snaps

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think adding those guys as a FA & a late round pick aren’t the same as a top 5 but however I do agree that getting after the passer has to be the priority over anything else…like I said I think Anderson will be a good player in the NFL I just can’t see any reason to draft him over Carter for us specifically.

Well there have been some rumors out there that Carter might not have the passion to be great and work hard at his craft because of his sheer talent. Not saying it's true because I don't pretend to know these things but I've read that more than a couple times now

Whereas all I've heard about Anderson how he is a true alpha among alphas and how much he loves the game 

Guys like that with his skillset don't come around often and he can potentially be a true franchise cornerstone on defense similar to how Urlacher was for us for so long 

I guess I'm glad I don't have to make these types of decisions

But if you ask me now who I would have taken 1st overall in last year's draft I would tell you Aidan Hutchinson hands down over Trevon Walker

We heard same things about Hutchinson last year how he is not a crazy athlete and doesn't have a signature skill in his pass rush repertoire but all the guy does is make plays and it is evident he is a leader for that Detroit D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Well there have been some rumors out there that Carter might not have the passion to be great and work hard at his craft because of his sheer talent. Not saying it's true because I don't pretend to know these things but I've read that more than a couple times now

Whereas all I've heard about Anderson how he is a true alpha among alphas and how much he loves the game 

Guys like that with his skillset don't come around often and he can potentially be a true franchise cornerstone on defense similar to how Urlacher was for us for so long 

I guess I'm glad I don't have to make these types of decisions

But if you ask me now who I would have taken 1st overall in last year's draft I would tell you Aidan Hutchinson hands down over Trevon Walker

We heard same things about Hutchinson last year how he is not a crazy athlete and doesn't have a signature skill in his pass rush repertoire but all the guy does is make plays and it is evident he is a leader for that Detroit D

I just feel it becomes silly season every year with this type of thing...never heard anything about Carter's work ethic or desire until after the game he struggled with his conditioning...makes it very difference that someone who has been called out mid-season IMO...

The whole thing about Hutchinson not being a crazy athlete was also overblown...

I think a lot depends on the interviews but for me I want to most talented guy then we need to figure out how we get the best out of them. 

31 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just feel it becomes silly season every year with this type of thing...never heard anything about Carter's work ethic or desire until after the game he struggled with his conditioning...makes it very difference that someone who has been called out mid-season IMO...

The whole thing about Hutchinson not being a crazy athlete was also overblown...

I think a lot depends on the interviews but for me I want to most talented guy then we need to figure out how we get the best out of them. 

I don't disagree but the same very things are being said about Will Anderson now...

Just pointing out that the best pass rusher in last years draft class aka Hutchinson went behind the guy with less production and more perceived athletic upside aka Trevon Walker

Who would you rather have now? I know who I'm taking (Hutch) and like I said it isn't close 

I think the same thing is being done with Carter and Anderson now, and although they play different positions the argument is generally the same. Carter has more perceived athletic upside over Anderson but in my opinion Anderson is the safer and better player now

I'd be happy with either but my first choice would probably be Anderson. I just think we need that young leader and some one who's going to work non stop and instill fear in opponents and to me that guy is Anderson 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't disagree but the same very things are being said about Will Anderson now...

Just pointing out that the best pass rusher in last years draft class aka Hutchinson went behind the guy with less production and more perceived athletic upside aka Trevon Walker

Who would you rather have now? I know who I'm taking (Hutch) and like I said it isn't close 

I think the same thing is being done with Carter and Anderson now, and although they play different positions the argument is generally the same. Carter has more perceived athletic upside over Anderson but in my opinion Anderson is the safer and better player now

I'd be happy with either but my first choice would probably be Anderson. I just think we need that young leader and some one who's going to work non stop and instill fear in opponents and to me that guy is Anderson 

I think the Walker vs. Hutchinson argument is still pretty close…Walker didn’t have the same production but did a lot of good things especially later in the season…by year 3 or 4 I think that would could swing the other way…

That said I agree with you that either Carter or Anderson would be great additions to this defence…personal preference for me is just Carter because I also value that inside presence more.

• Like 2

The more I watch LBs looking for a potential WILL the more I like Tulane's Dorian Williams...6-2" 230lbs with what looks to be really good length and reported 4.5 speed he is super aggressive when taking on and shedding blocks...really good use of his hands...sure tackler...this year had a really impressive stat line against both the run and pass...

126 tackles...8.5 TFL...5 Sacks...2 INT...8 PBUs...2 FF

Seems like the type of player we should be giving to Flus if we go the development route at LB rather than signing a FA to fill that role.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If he can get up to 210lbs at the combine it will be massive for us…now no one is dumb enough to think he is staying at 210lbs but that could be enough for a owner/GM cough*Jim Irsay*cough to really give up the farm.

Still think Irsay is going to be enamored with Will Levis.

But a guy who was right there to enjoy Michael Vick (Arthur Blank) may fall in love with Bryce Young

The most underrated WR in this years draft by far...and I say that because no one seems to be talking about him is ECU's C.J Johnson...he is 6-1" 225lbs with 32"+ arms & 10"+ hands...he went for 67 receptions for 1,016 yards with and average of over 15 YPC & 10 TDs in 2022...he is a beast when it comes to RAC routinely taking short catches well down the field and breaking tackles with a build more like a RB...excellent on contested catches as well which again is something we lack...if we trade for a big name FA and are looking for a mid round development guy behind him Johnson should be close to the top of the list...

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The most underrated WR in this years draft by far...and I say that because no one seems to be talking about him is ECU's C.J Johnson...he is 6-1" 225lbs with 32"+ arms & 10"+ hands...he went for 67 receptions for 1,016 yards with and average of over 15 YPC & 10 TDs in 2022...he is a beast when it comes to RAC routinely taking short catches well down the field and breaking tackles with a build more like a RB...excellent on contested catches as well which again is something we lack...if we trade for a big name FA and are looking for a mid round development guy behind him Johnson should be close to the top of the list...

I’ll give you underrated due to no one talking about him. He looks incredibly slow, unsteady hands, body catches, average athleticism, doesn’t high point much despite height, gets poor separation, limited route ability. He is very strong though, breaks tackles, not afraid to come back to the ball (*cough cough ESB*), catches in traffic. I could see like baby TO with far less explosion and a very modest ceiling. I could see him going 7th rd or later unless he has an impressive combine. There’s just so many competent looking guys still in the mid. 

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’ll give you underrated due to no one talking about him. He looks incredibly slow, unsteady hands, body catches, average athleticism, doesn’t high point much despite height, gets poor separation, limited route ability. He is very strong though, breaks tackles, not afraid to come back to the ball (*cough cough ESB*), catches in traffic. I could see like baby TO with far less explosion and a very modest ceiling. I could see him going 7th rd or later unless he has an impressive combine. There’s just so many competent looking guys still in the mid. 

I would be interested to see what he runs...I think he is in the high 4.5 low 4.6 range...hands IMO don't look to be an issue...he isn't going to be an elite receiver but I think as a bigger tougher target who can be moved around he can have a role in this league as a bully ball WR.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I would be interested to see what he runs...I think he is in the high 4.5 low 4.6 range...hands IMO don't look to be an issue...he isn't going to be an elite receiver but I think as a bigger tougher target who can be moved around he can have a role in this league as a bully ball WR.

If he has value in this class, it’s due to not many “bully ball” wrs being in it. He just seems a bit too stiff to be taken seriously. I’d assume he’ll run a 4.6-4.7

This dude goes in 6th round in simulators.

He seems like a good sleeper to me.  I really like him.   He is huge, moves very fluid for a big man and has soft hands.  Looks fast to me too.  Looks on film like he is 6'6 or 6'7 a slim 250 and runs about 4.6 or 4.7 with long strides.   

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This dude goes in 6th round in simulators.

He seems like a good sleeper to me.  I really like him.   He is huge, moves very fluid for a big man and has soft hands.  Looks fast to me too.  Looks on film like he is 6'6 or 6'7 a slim 250 and runs about 4.6 or 4.7 with long strides.   

Yep he’s my favorite sleeper te. I have a short list of like 4 or so TE’s that show great promise in the receiving game.