2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

This is a strong C draft and Patrick was GB's worst OL when we picked him up, and was straight garbage for us in the limited snaps he played this year (albeit at guard).  I'll frankly be livid if he's still the starter for more than half this season.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

This is a strong C draft and Patrick was GB's worst OL when we picked him up, and was straight garbage for us in the limited snaps he played this year (albeit at guard).  I'll frankly be livid if he's still the starter for more than half this season.

If only NFL Europe was still a thing so we could just ship his *** to a different country 

The more I look at this draft the more I think that given our needs we should be trying to trade down and amass as many picks between #25-#75 as possible...there are a lot of really good players in that range who would start right away for us...as much as I would love to add a Carter or Anderson I do wonder if this team would be better turning that pick into a Benton/Hall/Henley...free agency will tell us a lot but I honestly can not remember any team every having this many different avenues to improve and as many resources to do so...right now if I am Poles I am probably trading down until no one let's me in the 1st round...maybe take an Addison or JSN in the 20s then have a stack of 2nd & 3rd round picks to add talent on the OL & all over the front 7 of the defence.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The more I look at this draft the more I think that given our needs we should be trying to trade down and amass as many picks between #25-#75 as possible...there are a lot of really good players in that range who would start right away for us...as much as I would love to add a Carter or Anderson I do wonder if this team would be better turning that pick into a Benton/Hall/Henley...free agency will tell us a lot but I honestly can not remember any team every having this many different avenues to improve and as many resources to do so...right now if I am Poles I am probably trading down until no one let's me in the 1st round...maybe take an Addison or JSN in the 20s then have a stack of 2nd & 3rd round picks to add talent on the OL & all over the front 7 of the defence.

Depending on the return moving out of 1 I think trading back into the bottom third of R1 is a very distinct possibility if there’s a specific guy Poles feels he just has to have. 5th year option on that player would be a nice bonus too. 

I don’t want to draft a rb in the first 3 or 4 rounds but the thought of Jahmyr Gibbs in the second makes my mouth water. I think he could be incredible in the offense, especially if we learn to run a few quick dink and dunk and read option/rpo plays. Too many times, we ran slow developing pass plays with receivers that can’t get open. If we got runningbacks way more involved in the receiving game and learned how to run…slants… I think Gibbs could actually revolutionize the offense and be one of the better rbs Chicago has had. Which of course would make Fields look way more competent in the process. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I don’t want to draft a rb in the first 3 or 4 rounds but the thought of Jahmyr Gibbs in the second makes my mouth water. I think he could be incredible in the offense, especially if we learn to run a few quick dink and dunk and read option/rpo plays. Too many times, we ran slow developing pass plays with receivers that can’t get open. If we got runningbacks way more involved in the receiving game and learned how to run…slants… I think Gibbs could actually revolutionize the offense and be one of the better rbs Chicago has had. Which of course would make Fields look way more competent in the process. 

Dude is just Alvin Kamara 2.0...I would love him for the right value but I suspect a contending team will take him pretty highly to try and put them over the top...I mean can you imagine his skill set in Buffalo or even more worryingly for the league...Cincinnati? Would be frightening. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Dude is just Alvin Kamara 2.0...I would love him for the right value but I suspect a contending team will take him pretty highly to try and put them over the top...I mean can you imagine his skill set in Buffalo or even more worryingly for the league...Cincinnati? Would be frightening. 

I did a league wide 2 round mock a few days ago that had Cincy taking Bijan. But that was the day Mixon tried to murder a woman and I assumed more would come of it than that. Mock also had chiefs taking Bergeron, meaning they let Orlando walk 

27 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I did a league wide 2 round mock a few days ago that had Cincy taking Bijan. But that was the day Mixon tried to murder a woman and I assumed more would come of it than that. Mock also had chiefs taking Bergeron, meaning they let Orlando walk 

As long as he doesn't walk here then it's all good.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:56 PM, Madmike90 said:

I think that would be a big mistake...I still like Patrick but the idea of handing him a starting job after what we seen this offseason would be neglect...no issue at all with him competing for a starting gig as all players should but it has to be with a talented free agent signing or rookie.

cant replace every position in one offseason tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

True...but you better get your trenches right before anywhere else.

Yea, but according to some around here, we need 8 New Starters in the trenches. And the one they are counting on has been an injury risk.

To think we are going to have the ammunition to do that would necessitate we ignore basically anyone else, much less we actually hit on all of those is a bit presumptuous.

• Like 1

Comparing my own opinions to others I’ve seen in the last few months on draft receivers, I’ve been higher on Zay Flowers than most well before he started rocketing up boards. And I’ve finally realized what it is about him that I like so much. His skillset is very similar to Antonio Brown’s. Seriously, watch him and say you don’t see it. He’s been top 3 for me for about 2 months now but I’m wondering if he should actually be my favorite. 

5 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Comparing my own opinions to others I’ve seen in the last few months on draft receivers, I’ve been higher on Zay Flowers than most well before he started rocketing up boards. And I’ve finally realized what it is about him that I like so much. His skillset is very similar to Antonio Brown’s. Seriously, watch him and say you don’t see it. He’s been top 3 for me for about 2 months now but I’m wondering if he should actually be my favorite. 

My only concern with zay is that he he measured in even shorter than I expected. 5ft9 is pretty short for a wr =(  but yeah loved his game last year even and was surprised he didn't come out then.  Very talented dude.