Could a Suh Suh Signio be Soonio...?

vike daddy

Minnesota made a pair of significant cap-saving moves on cutdown day, signaling a potential move on the horizon.

By parting ways with Watts, the Vikings created $2.5 million in cap space. Minnesota also cleared $1.5 million off the 2022 books by trading guard Jesse Davis to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Acquiring Blacklock counts for $1.3 million on the 2022 cap sheet, meaning Minnesota created roughly $2.2 million in space after all transactions are settled.

The Vikings currently have an estimated $8 million in cap space, per Spotrac. The inclination is Minnesota will strike a deal with high-profile free agent Ndamukong Suh after months of rumored talks with the five-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/armon-watts-ross-blacklock-houston-texans/

On August 21, The Athletic’s Tashan Reed reported that the Raiders also remain interested in Suh but his asking price remains an issue in contract talks, saying the 35-year-old is looking for a deal upward of $8 or $9 million.

“If he wants to take less I’m inclined to think the Vikings are willing to bring him in,” Wolfson added. “I have a hard time believing the Vikings are paying him $8 or $9 million.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/ndamukong-suh-ross-blacklock-nfl-rumors/?fbclid=IwAR36-9f0R3R25CGET2JhF0XWPey-3_ulv_RMaT7OnCF_Aew4hLEL8Jrblwk

Edited by vike daddy

14 minutes ago, Duluther said:

His most recent game (Bucs' playoff game vs Rams last season) showed he is still very good. One of the best players on the field that game. I'm hoping we can get it done.

would be worth it to see Rodgers scowling twice a year.

on his back.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

We could extend Cousins again........

😂😂😂

I know you are joking, but if the front office could convince Cousins that adding Suh is giving him his best chance at winning a championship within the next two years, I would extend him another season to give the team more cap room.

• Like 1

KSTP’s Darren Wolfson: “There have been new talks. To my sense, those talks have been initiated by Suh’s camp, not by the Vikings. Here’s where we stand. The Vikings would happily take Ndamukong Suh. But the Vikings are not budging off the veteran minimum. Now for a guy in his mid-30s, it’s not chump change. It’s okay money. But Ndamukong Suh is looking for far more than the veteran minimum. So the two sides are just staring each other down. The Vikings are not willing to budge and Suh is not willing to budge on not accepting a minimum offer.”

The most interesting part about all of this is the fact that it is Suh’s camp that reportedly reached out to Minnesota to initiate these most recent discussions.

The Vikings are clearly standing their ground, and they’re not willing to overpay for a veteran defensive tackle who might have one or two more years left in the league. Minnesota also really can’t afford to give Suh more than the veteran minimum at this moment. Currently, the Vikings have just under $2.4 million in cap space. Since Suh has been in the NFL for 12 seasons, a veteran minimum contract for him would be worth $1.12 million.

https://thevikingage.com/2022/09/08/minnesosta-vikings-free-agent-ndamukong-suh/

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

KSTP’s Darren Wolfson: “There have been new talks. To my sense, those talks have been initiated by Suh’s camp, not by the Vikings. Here’s where we stand. The Vikings would happily take Ndamukong Suh. But the Vikings are not budging off the veteran minimum. Now for a guy in his mid-30s, it’s not chump change. It’s okay money. But Ndamukong Suh is looking for far more than the veteran minimum. So the two sides are just staring each other down. The Vikings are not willing to budge and Suh is not willing to budge on not accepting a minimum offer.”

The most interesting part about all of this is the fact that it is Suh’s camp that reportedly reached out to Minnesota to initiate these most recent discussions.

The Vikings are clearly standing their ground, and they’re not willing to overpay for a veteran defensive tackle who might have one or two more years left in the league. Minnesota also really can’t afford to give Suh more than the veteran minimum at this moment. Currently, the Vikings have just under $2.4 million in cap space. Since Suh has been in the NFL for 12 seasons, a veteran minimum contract for him would be worth $1.12 million.

https://thevikingage.com/2022/09/08/minnesosta-vikings-free-agent-ndamukong-suh/

If I was Such, I wouldn't play for that either. He's made a ton of money. No sense in risking a life altering injury for less than you're willing to take. 

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Offer him the veteran minimum plus 1 dollar