Week 1 GDT: Broncos at Seahawks

broncos_fan _from _uk

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Feels like if were winning just by a FG on the road against a team like SEA then were having to brush off a lot of rust, building some chemistry and just just getting some luck there. We should e thumping the Seahawks IMO

I think we will win a rusty one this week and then come home and thump the Texans 34-7 next week to brush off the cobwebs 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

It wouldn’t matter who was coaching, Cam Fleming has sucked under multiple HOF offensive line coaches. 

The problem is Calvin Anderson not being able to beat him out. 

Yeah I have to say it's an eye opener to see Anderson sitting out.  Unless there's an injury, that bodes poorly for his ability to stay beyond this year.  

It sucks, because Turner is a 1-year stopgap, and at the stage of his career, it gets iffy depending on him for more than just 2022.  

Oh well, that's another worry for another time - for tonight, the right side protection is definitely going to be something to watch for.

The encouraging part of that drive - the OL created a TON of space for Williams.   And Beck was a nice surprise.  

Tough to get the penalty for 2nd and 15, kinda ultra conservative after that, I wasn't crazy about that.  But that should settle the nerves on O.

D really needs to be better, the missed assignments were on 2-3 plays there.  That's where not playing more in PS definitely has an effect.   Preseason doesn't really help determine who your best 11 are as much anymore, but the game reps do add more ability to get used to a new scheme (is it worth the extra injury risk, always the Q).   Hopefully they shake that off and get better now.

Edited by Broncofan