Bills extend TE Dawson Knox (4 years)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I could've sworn last season Bills fans seemed to continuously complain about this guy's drops.

His rookie season was bad. I think he improved quite a bit into year 2 but you’re right, going into last season there was a few on this forum who thought Hollister or other free agents should start over Knox. 

He's a huge part of our offense and is definitely on the rise. I dont doubt anything Brandon Beane does because it typically works out correctly.

He had 11 touchdowns last season. I'm sure he's going to build on his yardage and reception totals this year but it's almost like Beane is trying to lock him in now so he can get in front of the market and tight ends that are coming up. 

People even said the same thing about Josh Allens contract when they first paid him but now he's like the 6th highest paid QB with Lamar, Burrow and Herbert coming up; which will put Allen as the 9th highest paid passer. Todays dollar is not tomorrows. 

Edited by The BILLievers

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is he far though? Kelce, Waller, Kittle, Andrews, Pitts, Goedert. After that, to me, there's plenty of argument.

But there is also argument that he’s not too 10. Gesicki, Schultz, Hockenson, Friermuth, Ertz, Henry, Higbee. Maybe you think he’s better than some or all of those guys, but people can make arguments each is better than Knox without being ridiculous. So maybe he is in the tier of 7-14 best tight end, Making the money of a top five player at the position. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

But there is also argument that he’s not too 10. Gesicki, Schultz, Hockenson, Friermuth, Ertz, Henry, Higbee. Maybe you think he’s better than some or all of those guys, but people can make arguments each is better than Knox without being ridiculous. So maybe he is in the tier of 7-14 best tight end, Making the money of a top five player at the position. 

I'm with you on all of it. It's why it's not too ridiculous too. Look at QB and WR. Guys kept resetting the market without fitting the T5 criteria. 

Looking at that contract by itself though 😲

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I could've sworn last season Bills fans seemed to continuously complain about this guy's drops.

His rookie year... he seemed to make every single ridiculously hard catch and he would drop the easy ones. Seemed like just a concentration issue. And its gotten better every year since. He was saw raw coming out and was forced into action immediately... he has succeeded expectations up until this point. Happy to see him get paid... one of my favorite guys on the team

Curious if the over $31M guaranteed means fully guaranteed or just partially/conditionally. If fully, that would be more than anyone else. Kelce, Andrew's, and for some reason Jonnu Smith are all around $31M fully guaranteed.

I like Knox more than many. I'm iffy on the value of the TE market in general, though. The top guys are basically steals, with Kelce, Kittle, and Andrews at $14M to $15M. It's hard to like the value of the tier below that, though. Smith, Henry, Njoku, Knox just like $2M lower feel like bad value deals, even if they aren't bad players. I'm almost not sure I'd want to engage in the TE market at all if it wasn't for a top guy or a vet min.