Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

Any chance we fire Downing during the by week if this putrid offense keeps up? Watching the spacing other teams have just makes me believe someone in the organization will be ready to cut bait if we only have 90 completions through 5weeks of NFL football. BTW 90 would mean our rate increases by around 15+% over the next three weeks. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

On 9/22/2022 at 8:58 PM, Dr.Doom52 said:

Any chance we fire Downing during the by week if this putrid offense keeps up? Watching the spacing other teams have just makes me believe someone in the organization will be ready to cut bait if we only have 90 completions through 5weeks of NFL football. BTW 90 would mean our rate increases by around 15+% over the next three weeks. 

Vrabel said he wont make wholesale changes, but I hope that's one of them.

But Vrabel needs to get his guys to stop making mental errors too.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 10:13 AM, KingTitan said:

I do think Hurts is smelling himself a little much on Twitter given his history and only being 2 games in the year.

That fall is gonna "hurt."

Based on what? lmfao

This tweet?

Hurts has to be one of the most humble starting QBs out there and doesn't even really use social media that much at least compared to players his age. He never really gloats or bigs up himself and is always taking the blame even when the majority of the blame wasn't even his.

After his best game as a pro.... he can't even get off one tweet using a pun on his name?

Mind you he filed a trademark for a similar pun using his name this off-season in "Hurts So Good" for clothing/merch.

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Based on what? lmfao

This tweet?

Hurts has to be one of the most humble starting QBs out there and doesn't even really use social media that much at least compared to players his age. He never really gloats or bigs up himself and is always taking the blame even when the majority of the blame wasn't even his.

After his best game as a pro.... he can't even get off one tweet using a pun on his name?

Mind you he filed a trademark for a similar pun using his name this off-season in "Hurts So Good" for clothing/merch.

Yes that was my opinion off that tweet. That is my view from here and my opinion. 
I didn't say he was a diva. That tweet gave me those vibes for someone like you said had been pretty low key. 

I like Hurts but that's how I feel/felt.  Maybe he goes on to throw for 5,000 yards and 50 TDs. I'll be happy for him. 
My small opinion in this corner of the forum. 

And if you go back through some of my history, I feel the media crowns QBs too soon. Not talking about Hurts, but just in general. Now all the sudden "Tua is the Man" from the media. Did it with Wentz, Mariota after his 2nd year, Baker after he made the playoffs, and countless others. 

My opinion. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Yes that was my opinion off that tweet. That is my view from here and my opinion. 
I didn't say he was a diva. That tweet gave me those vibes for someone like you said had been pretty low key. 

I like Hurts but that's how I feel/felt.  Maybe he goes on to throw for 5,000 yards and 50 TDs. I'll be happy for him. 
My small opinion in this corner of the forum. 

And if you go back through some of my history, I feel the media crowns QBs too soon. Not talking about Hurts, but just in general. Now all the sudden "Tua is the Man" from the media. Did it with Wentz, Mariota after his 2nd year, Baker after he made the playoffs, and countless others. 

My opinion. 

You don't have to say your opinion like 10 times in one post. I know anything you say is your opinion lol.

As far as what you think about him as a player wasn't what I was responding to, cause I'm sure he'll have his ups and downs this year.

I was solely reacting to the premise that Jalen would be full of himself off that tweet. I guess I shouldn't expect you to know how Jalen operates unless you are a Bama, Sooners, or Eagles fan. I just never see the guy get too high or low. He's always talking about 'avoiding the rat poison' in reference to the hype around the team which I believe is a phrase he got from Nick Saban. He's always preaching about controling what you can and not getting stuck in the moment. 

I agree sometimes QBs get crowned a little too soon. We live in a hot take society with Twitter/ social media and Sports Debate shows.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You don't have to say your opinion like 10 times in one post. I know anything you say is your opinion lol.

As far as what you think about him as a player wasn't what I was responding to, cause I'm sure he'll have his ups and downs this year.

I was solely reacting to the premise that Jalen would be full of himself off that tweet. I guess I shouldn't expect you to know how Jalen operates unless you are a Bama, Sooners, or Eagles fan. I just never see the guy get too high or low. He's always talking about 'avoiding the rat poison' in reference to the hype around the team which I believe is a phrase he got from Nick Saban. He's always preaching about controling what you can and not getting stuck in the moment. 

I agree sometimes QBs get crowned a little too soon. We live in a hot take society with Twitter/ social media and Sports Debate shows.

Well. My opinion.lol just messing.

But that was my first reaction to seeing the tweet, like whoa that's a switch from the normally laid back approach I've normally seen him take. Thought was like is he gonna go full "told ya so mode?"

Good to see he isn't from what you say. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kokichi said:

Eagles go 8-9 now.

That guy jinxed em

lol.... I didn't say anything about the Titans?

Hope y'all can get it together and start winning games. I don't need us getting an easy win at home before a 3 game road trip that ends in Dallas. We need to be tested before facing off with the Giants who have twice as many wins as the Titans.

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hope y'all can get it together and start winning games. I don't need us getting an easy win at home before a 3 game road trip that ends in Dallas. We need to be tested before facing off with the Giants who have twice as many wins as the Titans.

I mean they don’t have twice as many wins as that would imply the titans have 1 win (which is wishful thinking for us Titans fans) and they don’t…. They have 2 more wins. If you’re gonna get digs in at least do it correctly. 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Your math is off 

• Like 1