TIRT: MIN, DET, That other team no one likes

JAF-N72EX

Benching and doghousing Velus is bad long term decision. Other guys dropping balls are not getting same treatment and have less talent.

Just like dog housing Jenkins was stupid.  But for him dominating on live TV he may not be playing at all.   Wednesday practices 🙄

Keep personal feelings out of coaching. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Watson opened game with two bad drops. Easy catches relatively.  Way worse than Velus dropping a bomb running all out and extending (which is not easy). 

He is a great athlete not worth giving up on.  They kept going to him.  They didn’t bench him for a journeyman.  They didn’t make him inactive.

https://youtu.be/WS0Sfx52aTo

There are certainly reasons to deactivate Velus Jones. But, doing so so that ESB can play 51% of your offensive snaps isn’t one of them. Especially when ESB is the one getting the ball on jet sweeps where Velus should be. Jones at least threatens the defense with his speed. ESB is a glorified blocking TE.

• Like 4

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/aaron-rodgers-was-admittedly-off-in-latest-packers-loss-i-threw-a-lot-of-kinda-w

I think we may be seeing the end of Rodgers career in front of our eyes…I said when he played us earlier in the season it was obvious things were becoming more difficult for him and he was slowing down…last night against the Titans he missed a wide open throw on 3rd down to Sammy Watkins which not only brought about boos from his own fans but you could see it all over Rodgers face things just weren’t the same…do I truly see him walking away from $50 million next season? No…but the threat isn’t anything like close to what it was.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/aaron-rodgers-was-admittedly-off-in-latest-packers-loss-i-threw-a-lot-of-kinda-w

I think we may be seeing the end of Rodgers career in front of our eyes…I said when he played us earlier in the season it was obvious things were becoming more difficult for him and he was slowing down…last night against the Titans he missed a wide open throw on 3rd down to Sammy Watkins which not only brought about boos from his own fans but you could see it all over Rodgers face things just weren’t the same…do I truly see him walking away from $50 million next season? No…but the threat isn’t anything like close to what it was.

I like how he talked about the wind as if this was his first game ever when it was windy

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

if he's not on the roster next season they have a $99M dead cap hit 😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

if he's not on the roster next season they have a $99M dead cap hit 😂😂😂

Does it work that way if he retires too? If so, I wonder if they try to come to some kind of handshake deal with him and declare him with a “non-football injury” or something that allows them to manipulate that. 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

you could see it all over Rodgers face things just weren’t the same

We sure that wasn’t an ayahuasca thing? Kidding (mostly), but honestly he just looks disengaged and disinterested out there. Nothing has urgency. They were down 2 scores and in their own territory last night with 5 minutes left and you woulda thought it was week 2 of the preseason out there for them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...