Some moves have to be made now...

mwalker

I think signing free agent OL D.Williams should be a no brainer.

With the (very likely) season ending injury to Watt, I think you have to make
a trade for someone as the free agent market is now very thin.

And depending on Harris time off, we might even need another back.

Great win for the D this week, but man, the Watt injury is just awful.

The truth is this….this is a transition year and the Steelers weren’t going anywhere this year anyways.

Youngest starting offense in the NFL with a still rebuilding OL(seemed to do ok overall yesterday) and incoming rookie QB.

Watts injury puts a serious dent into the defense.

Im not a fan of throwing away picks for depth help in a lost season.

Save the picks, use this year to see what holes need filled(primarily OL and scattered Def help)….use the decent amount of cap room to address OL and a Def need or 2) and starting a making a run in 2023 with a very cheap and talented offense.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

?

Agree with everything but that. Did u see something I didn’t? Cause I thought with just an average oline, they whup the bengals. 

Just my opinion…off of memory it seemed Trubiskywas too skittish and Najee wasn’t 100% leading into the game…was hard to get a read on everything.

Msybe someone else on here can give their opinion.

2 hours ago, AFF said:

Just my opinion…off of memory it seemed Trubiskywas too skittish and Najee wasn’t 100% leading into the game…was hard to get a read on everything.

Msybe someone else on here can give their opinion.

The pass blocking was servicable.

Run blocking was atrocious and got zero push most of the day, especially in short yardage/goal line situations.

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

Our run blocking has been garbage ever since Munch left.    

feel like 2016/17 was the last time we had a good run blocking line. they were on a tear late in the 2016 season. 2017 saw some signs of fading. 2018 to now its been "meh" to "garbage". that's going on 5 yrs of this

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, August4th said:

feel like 2016/17 was the last time we had a good run blocking line. they were on a tear late in the 2016 season. 2017 saw some signs of fading. 2018 to now its been "meh" to "garbage". that's going on 5 yrs of this

Think that was also AV’s peak, Pouncey just before the decline, Foster/DDC at their peaks, and RT “just good enough”.  I know Munch gets a lot of credit but that was also all guys in their prime at the same time too.  One thing I will give KC credit for with that group was managing to get all the players in the same 2-3 year window that meant they all had their primes together and it was a matter of affording them.

After week 1 I am done with Moore the same way I am with Green.  Dodson meh.  OC needs replaced again and Cole can be a top interior swing man.

Also if it isn’t evident: Okorafor has no heart for run blocking.  Good pass blocker but the effort in run blocking is piss poor.

Edited by warfelg

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Think that was also AV’s peak, Pouncey just before the decline, Foster/DDC at their peaks, and RT “just good enough”.  I know Munch gets a lot of credit but that was also all guys in their prime at the same time too.  One thing I will give KC credit for with that group was managing to get all the players in the same 2-3 year window that meant they all had their primes together and it was a matter of affording them.

After week 1 I am done with Moore the same way I am with Green.  Dodson meh.  OC needs replaced again and Cole can be a top interior swing man.

Also if it isn’t evident: Okorafor has no heart for run blocking.  Good pass blocker but the effort in run blocking is piss poor.

Munch raised their games, though.    The only years Pouncey looked like more than an average at best run blocker were the years Munch was here.     I dont think its a coincidence that the run game was poo directly before and after Munch.   Not to say the talent didn't help, but he certainly improved their run blocking.

26 minutes ago, Regulators87 said:

What about Eric Fisher? Did he retire or just seeing what his options are? I would imagine he would be an upgrade over Moore provided he still wants to play.  Chuks is frustrating to watch, and still trying to figure out why in the heck the front office gave him such an atrocious contract. 

He was god awful last year.  Unfortunately almost everyone is looking for what we are looking for.  Unless a bad team that wants picks put an OL player that’s worth a damn out there, there’s no “right now” fix.

Just now, 43M said:

Munch raised their games, though.    The only years Pouncey looked like more than an average at best run blocker were the years Munch was here.     I dont think its a coincidence that the run game was poo directly before and after Munch.   Not to say the talent didn't help, but he certainly improved their run blocking.

I think it’s more a factor that he was the run game coordinator, and, credit where credit is due, Bell was awesome at letting the guys block until a hole developed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it’s more a factor that he was the run game coordinator, and, credit where credit is due, Bell was awesome at letting the guys block until a hole developed.

I agree with that.   Bell leaving + Munch leaving + regression all played their parts.