Random Thoughts- Reg season edition

dll2000

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Arguing back and forth about a 2022 cook county tax assessment proration with a senior freeze and senior exemption and I want to blow my brains out.

Arguing over politics is dreadful, arguing over money based off it is even worse. 🤢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Arguing over politics is dreadful, arguing over money based off it is even worse. 🤢

It wasn't politics.   It is just arguing over risk and who was going to bear how much of it.   

So to add to it client is selling her recently deceased mother's house.  Dealing with 3 brothers a few of which are difficult.   Realtor offered money to help get it closed and then was upset about it after the fact.   

And attorney on other side is being a pain and I have to relay technical legal and tax information/calculations to her and it is adding to an already stressful situation.

So after 3 days of back and forth, attorney says to me, "Why are we making this so hard?  Why don't we just do what contract says?"  Which is what I originally wanted in first place and expected before she changed things.   I wanted to ram my head through the wall.

... But I have discovered when someone adapts your idea or position as their own, don't argue with them any further or try to belittle them or get exasperated.   Just quickly agree, thank them, and move on.

In a similar vain in court, back when I went to court, I have had clients start arguing with judge just after he/she decided to dismiss their charges.  I firmly say, "Shut - Up - Now."

• Like 2

On another note to above.    

But I wanted to say to help some others, and I know some lurkers are reading this and need it as they have told me. 

I get in these stressful work situations all the time as my job is a lot of problem solving and dealing with other people's intense stress which I feel too. 

Sometimes I don't know answer and I have to research it or discover it.   Thankfully due to experience now I mostly do know answers.   But sometimes it is just a fight as negotiations can sometimes be.   

But over years I started praying about my work problems.  

I can't tell you how many times solutions to serious problems have come out of almost nowhere.  Or radical changes of heart to opponents who suddenly want to compromise.    Incredibly improbable events and outcomes have happened to me dozens and dozens of times - 180 degree changes - or someone suddenly calling me with a perfect answer to a crucial question or a solution to a problem I had on their lips. 

In this case I prayed and then subsequently got this phone call saying what she said.     

And I am not saying God is a genie who grants your wishes.  His will is done not ours.  He is sovereign not us.  Often prayers are not granted, at least not in way that we want or wish them to be.  And we all have loved ones that get sick and die and we all go through trials of various kinds. 

Also not saying sit in corner and only pray.  You still have to do work and take action. 

What I am saying (to believers) is ask for help and then accept God's will whatever happens.  Bible says if you believe He will work things for good even if you don't see it or know it in short term.  A lot of times you will find you see it later in hindsight.  

A bad thing will have paved the way for a good thing.

I saw Black Adam on Sat. with the kids. 

The Rock was good in it.   

I was a Marvel guy in 80s so I am not familiar with character.  Though I am also not familiar with what they have done to many Marvel characters so there is that.

Adam was kind of a gray hero as they portrayed him.   Willing to kill.   Self centered.    But also decides to protect his people.   Kind of an Egypt like ancient country and he has been asleep 2k years or however long.    

Justice Something.   Society?  Not the Justice League of America.   Decides he needs to be shut down immediately when he is awakened so they send Hawkman, Dr. Fate and a couple of other heroes I am not familiar with to fight him.

Lots of fight scenes.  Rock mostly dominates except when he fights Hawkman.   Though Hawkman mainly gets his *** kicked, but is never hurt by it and always willing to continue the fight.

Probably best DC movie.   Though it was a little longer than necessary.

First movie in recent years that isn't trying super hard to social message and politic the whole movie and ruining the plot and flow with it.   A little of it still, but very tolerable. 

• Like 1

Closing yesterday.

Buyer has Discover bank and requested wire at 10 a.m. on Thursday.     Discover Bank is just very slow and they were closed on Friday.  They save money by having fewer employees and their is little to no incentive for them to work long hours.   Wire didn't arrive until this morning and closing was yesterday at 10 a.m. 

Everybody involved was in abject panic the entire day.   Buyers, Sellers, Realtors.   Exchanging angry accusations, etc.  (This was bad part).  

It was always going to be fine and that's what I kept telling everyone.   I saw wire went out.  Nobody was cheating anyone.  Discover just didn't get it out in a timely manner.  

Like I said on top, Discover is just slow and ridiculous.   If you use Discover Bank and you need to wire money for a transaction I would budget at least 3 business days.  Whereas with a local bank you can do it day before and be just fine.  

My job is 2 parts psychiatrist and 1 part lawyer most of time.    Been this way since about 2019.

Our society has not been changing for better of late I have found.   Very little good will and love toward others.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I saw you can tour soldier field for just $15? I went to the expo in 2010 and walked on the field and stuff but it’s cool to see you can just go and adventure around for that cheap 

a lot of stadiums do that - its only like $17 at coors field