Random Thoughts- Reg season edition

dll2000

Just found out my nephew passed suddenly.   In his 20s.  25 I think.  

Not sure cause of death yet.  Maybe heart attack.  

Sitting at work blubbering with my door closed.  My poor brother and sister in law.  I can't even. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Sitting at work blubbering with my door closed.  My poor brother and sister in law.  I can't even. 

I am so very sorry to hear this bro. My heart breaks for you and your family.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I can't imagine a family member of my kids generation passing. You have my prayers

On a more positive note.

1985 was year I became cemented as Bear fan forever.  I was 11.

I kinda liked the Raiders because they would play The Autumn Wind on Sat. mornings and Silver and Black is a cool color combo.

But '85 did it.  Wilbur Marshall was my all time favorite.   He murdered people.   Ask Lions QBs.  Then went to Washington and won a SB for Gibbs.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

On a more positive note.

1985 was year I became cemented as Bear fan forever.  I was 11.

I kinda liked the Raiders because they would play The Autumn Wind on Sat. mornings and Silver and Black is a cool color combo.

But '85 did it.  Wilbur Marshall was my all time favorite.   He murdered people.   Ask Lions QBs.  Then went to Washington and won a SB for Gibbs.

That was a beautuful thing thank you for sharing.  Made me think of the game the Bears sacked Archie Manning 9 times . You could tell he was walking around in a haze by the end of the game.  Needless to say this was well before the cuncusion protocol exsisted.

Makes me want to go find my NFL films Bears video🙃

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Damn I'm sorry man. That's heartbreaking. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Damn I'm sorry man. That's heartbreaking. 

Yes.  My nephews and nieces are all like my own children.

I haven't blubbered since I was a child.   Been doing it on and off since I heard the news.   My face hurts as it uses facial muscles I am not used to using.  LOL.

Tears running down my face now.  

Heading into Rockford tomorrow to be with my brother.

Death like judgment day can come like a thief in the night.   

Be prepared brothers.  

My nephew was 26 years old, thin and in good shape.   Doing autopsy, but they think heart attack.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yes.  My nephews and nieces are all like my own children.

I haven't blubbered since I was a child.   Been doing it on and off since I heard the news.   My face hurts as it uses facial muscles I am not used to using.  LOL.

Tears running down my face now.  

Heading into Rockford tomorrow to be with my brother.

Death like judgment day can come like a thief in the night.   

Be prepared brothers.  

My nephew was 26 years old, thin and in good shape.   Doing autopsy, but they think heart attack.

Damn. Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

With the league allowing alternate helmets with the other uniforms now someone on reddit came up with this scheme and I kind of like it. Still has all the classic styling with a completely different color scheme, similar to the oranges this year.

fvzbobe0b11a1.jpg?width=1177&format=pjpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

With the league allowing alternate helmets with the other uniforms now someone on reddit came up with this scheme and I kind of like it. Still has all the classic styling with a completely different color scheme, similar to the oranges this year.

I don't love it, I don't hate it, and they definitely shouldn't deploy it until we have a functional offensive line. That white jersey would be looking pretty rough after a day like today!

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't love it, I don't hate it, and they definitely shouldn't deploy it until we have a functional offensive line. That white jersey would be looking pretty rough after a day like today!

I guess they might get some staining from the turf.

9 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I dig it. Let’s make that happen.