2022 General Season Talk

soflbillsfan

Ok so trade deadline is today. What do we want?

I'm all for making a move to improve the depth on the OLine. 

I'm okay with making a play for a safety if one is available. 

RB would be okay, but I still think Motor is serviceable and should be the RB1 of this team. 

I really want us to improve the depth at WR. Obviously Diggs is HIM. Gabe has had flashes but he has not shown he can command a good target share, after those 2, Motor is the best receiving option for the team. McKenzie has not proved he can be the every down slot and Shakir is good but he's just a guy at this stage of his career. Some of the players I'd be happy with are:

- Brandin Cooks
- KJ Hamler (this one is the dark horse I think would be pretty cheap to get and hes on his rookie contract)
- Jerry Jeudy (but I think that would cost us a 1st +)
- Chase Claypool (not overly high on him but hes a freak athlete)
- Elijah Moore (we'd likely have to overpay to get him)

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Edge rusher Bradley Chubb being linked to both the Jets and the Fish 

That'll be a big get for the fish. I hope he stays out of the division 

I heard Den wants 2 First round picks... Didnt the Fins forfeit thier 2023 1st round pick due to the tampering with Brady and Payton? Idk if they have the ammo to get him. 

53 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

Brandin Cooks
- KJ Hamler (this one is the dark horse I think would be pretty cheap to get and hes on his rookie contract)

Cooks contact is too expensive next season. 

Hamler or Moore would be the only other guys I’d want but probably my unlikely. I think they sign OBJ around thanksgiving, get him some snaps throughout December and ramp him up in January for the playoffs. 

Either way, WR will once again be near the top of my BB for the draft. Keep replenished with young cheap contracts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

Ok so trade deadline is today. What do we want?

I'm all for making a move to improve the depth on the OLine. 

I'm okay with making a play for a safety if one is available. 

RB would be okay, but I still think Motor is serviceable and should be the RB1 of this team. 

I really want us to improve the depth at WR. Obviously Diggs is HIM. Gabe has had flashes but he has not shown he can command a good target share, after those 2, Motor is the best receiving option for the team. McKenzie has not proved he can be the every down slot and Shakir is good but he's just a guy at this stage of his career. Some of the players I'd be happy with are:

- Brandin Cooks

Of that list, Jerry Jeudy would be what I want. Wed get 1.5 with the potential of 2.5 years of him before FA. 

In the grand scheme of things I'd rather sign OBJ through 2023 and keep our draft picks 

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Dolphins are now without a first after originally having 3 for this year. 

Chubb doesn’t move the needle IMO. Them trading for Jeff Wilson is a nice move though. 

Chubb completes the defense imo. Solid Up the middle, solid secondary. If they get 12 sack type production from Chubb, the defense gets alot better imo

17 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Chubb completes the defense imo. Solid Up the middle, solid secondary. If they get 12 sack type production from Chubb, the defense gets alot better imo

I think that’s asking a lot from chub. He hasn’t been the same since his rookie season, dealing with injuries and he misses a lot of tackles. I think it’s a good move for Miami I don’t think it changes much though. Other than likely not blitzing as much as they are