2022 General Season Talk

soflbillsfan

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m a tad surprised. The Bills must like what they’ve seen from Spector so far. 

If they would have released him during TC would his suspension counted if he didnt get picked up by another team? Or would the 6 games started when he was signed? 

If the suspension would not have counted, I wonder if we were doing him a solid by having him on the roster during his suspension. 

How crucial was that Bills win for the playoffs?

If the Bills go 8-3 the rest of the way, KC would have to go 10-1 to pass them for the top seed. Baltimore  would have to win out. Tennesse would have to go 11-1 and Cincinnati would have to go 10-1 with the loss not being to Buffalo.

Teams like Indy and the Chargers don’t concern me for winning their divisions. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

How crucial was that Bills win for the playoffs?

If the Bills go 8-3 the rest of the way, KC would have to go 10-1 to pass them for the top seed. Baltimore  would have to win out. Tennesse would have to go 11-1 and Cincinnati would have to go 10-1 with the loss not being to Buffalo.

Teams like Indy and the Chargers don’t concern me for winning their divisions. 

The tougher part of our schedule is over. In the pre season i had Rams, Chiefs, Ravens and Bengals as the tough games. I think we crush NE and not to concerned abiut the Jets or Dolphins tbh. 

Vikings and Bengals could be close 

We should be the 1 seed with homefield thoughout in frigid weather

Edited by BillsGuy82
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

The tougher part of our schedule is over. In the pre season i had Rams, Chiefs, Ravens and Bengals as the tough games. I think we crush NE and not to concerned abiut the Jets or Dolphins tbh. 

Vikings and Bengals could be close 

We should be the 1 seed with homefield thoughout in frigid weather

I haven’t watched any Vikings games this year but I read they punted 10 times vs Miami and had 10 3 and out drives. If they do that against the Bills we’ll destroy them lol

• Like 1

Barring more injuries I think this team is set up as the #1 seed. We've gotten thru the hardest part of our schedule (while banged up) and have the head to head tiebreaker with the AFC west leader, AFC north leader and AFC south leader. We still get the bears, lions, vikings, jets x2, pats x2, browns without watson.. 

And if Tre'Davious White is close to himself, our defense should be even more elite.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Barring more injuries I think this team is set up as the #1 seed. We've gotten thru the hardest part of our schedule (while banged up) and have the head to head tiebreaker with the AFC west leader, AFC north leader and AFC south leader. We still get the bears, lions, vikings, jets x2, pats x2, browns without watson.. 

And if Tre'Davious White is close to himself, our defense should be even more elite.

This gets said every year but right now it rings more true than ever. The Bills control their destiny. They aren’t relying on anyone else to lose right now. If they take care of their business and don’t have a Jags slip up like last year, they’ll be the 1 seed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

This gets said every year but right now it rings more true than ever. The Bills control their destiny. They aren’t relying on anyone else to lose right now. If they take care of their business and don’t have a Jags slip up like last year, they’ll be the 1 seed.

Agreed. Not to mention the one team we have to be afraid of the most (KC), still has to play the 49ers, Titans, Chargers, Rams (should be better by the time they face them), Bengals, Broncos, Seahawks, Broncos and Raiders.. They will be favored in most but a lot of middle of the pack to good teams they have to face. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I did not believe us to be serious contenders for CMC anyway and I’m glad we didn’t pay that price for him. 

Thoughts on maybe Kareem Hunt? I feel like he'd have a smaller haul of draft picks + he's a very good receiving back. Maybe not the best off the field guy but I have a feeling Brandon Beane will make one move. This is the prime spot to push the chips all in.. after this season we'll have to make decisions on Poyer, Edmunds and a couple other positions. 

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Whats awesome is we own head to head tie breakers over each division winner right now. That is huge. Its essentially 2 games up on the field.

Cincy game could have implications for us. They can score in bunches, im not sure they can stop us though 

Looking forward what we gonna do with Gabriel Davis ? Hes literally getting more expensive by the week. We have Tremaine Edmunds, Devin Singletary and Jordan Poyer in line for substantial raises.

Does it make more sense to entertain trade offers for Davis this offseason and relocate money towards Poyer and Edmunds?

This is gonna be the unpopular debate but it might the most sense for the sake of our franchise. I would think as of right now, Davis would command no less then what AJ Brown got from the Eagles 

Edited by BillsGuy82

4 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Thoughts on maybe Kareem Hunt? I feel like he'd have a smaller haul of draft picks + he's a very good receiving back. Maybe not the best off the field guy but I have a feeling Brandon Beane will make one move. This is the prime spot to push the chips all in.. after this season we'll have to make decisions on Poyer, Edmunds and a couple other positions. 

I think our biggest need is a short yardage back that help move the chains and improve our short yardage woes. This was supposed to be Zack Moss role, but he clearly isn't getting the job done. I think we just need someone that can compliment Singletary. I don't think we need to make any big moves or commit much money to find a back that can fill this role.