Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

1 minute ago, palmy50 said:

It was the first I've seen MVS on the field with an NFL arm talent and all I could say was WOW over and over. That kid might be a true find. Strokes to that staff for pulling the trigger on him. A bunch of us really just didn't know what he was really. Hard film to evaluate for many reasons.

My issue with EQ was never on the field. He's clearly a premium talent. LIS, if you can make him work in the room your gonna have a player there. Most pro ready of the group with plenty of upside.

J'Mon was a kid I loved in the room. Love his aggressive play style also. That said, I also felt he was easily the most raw of the three rookies. The growing process can be a tough one for passionate kids like that too. 

I think we all expected MVS to be the biggest project. His routes obviously weren't developed but that guy is electric

It was only one game but I was kinda bummed by J'Mon's drop and not catching any real contested balls (unless he got one I forget if that was him). He just didn't seem to be aggressive when the ball was in the air. He had a couple routes that had me smiling though

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think we all expected MVS to be the biggest project. His routes obviously weren't developed but that guy is electric

It was only one game but I was kinda bummed by J'Mon's drop and not catching any real contested balls (unless he got one I forget if that was him). He just didn't seem to be aggressive when the ball was in the air. He had a couple routes that had me smiling though

J'Mon getting open and putting himself in position to make plays was all I needed to see for now. Obviously if he keeps dropping balls we'll have a problem on our hands (lolz) but what we've been missing the past few years isn't pass catchers, it's big twitchy guys who can make plays downfield.

11 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

J'Mon getting open and putting himself in position to make plays was all I needed to see for now. Obviously if he keeps dropping balls we'll have a problem on our hands (lolz) but what we've been missing the past few years isn't pass catchers, it's big twitchy guys who can make plays downfield.

I hope he gets the dropsies cleared up ... He's a talented wide receiver who could be an excellent fit for this offense for years to come. Unfortunately he was known for having the drops at Missouri as well.  It's been an ongoing problem that he can't seem to shake. 

I don't get the purpose of Jmo when Moore is just two more letters and it gets confused with the much more needed Gmo that saves from typing a lot more letter.  Just saying.

Also I don't get putting Davis in the top 6 WRs... is a returner really worth possibly releasing one of the talented rookie draft picks? And Packers got a couple of decent options at kick returner, so it's mainly punt returner only that we'd be losing.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don't get the purpose of Jmo when Moore is just two more letters and it gets confused with the much more needed Gmo that saves from typing a lot more letter.  Just saying.

Also I don't get putting Davis in the top 6 WRs... is a returner really worth possibly releasing one of the talented rookie draft picks? And Packers got a couple of decent options at kick returner, so it's mainly punt returner only that we'd be losing.

Because it's J'Mon or J'Mon Moore). It works both ways. Stop impeding progress 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think it has more to do with what he hasn't done.  The fact that J'Mon Moore was drafted in the 4th round probably gives him the heads up over ESB, if they're competing for that same spot.  When you're a late round pick, you have to stand out.  I don't think he's stood out just yet.

There is little difference between a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder.   Both are less than coin flip rounds; more of project rounds.   Pretty easy to say that ESB has been the more impressive WR when compared to Moore.  More versatile, every bit the route runner and has a much better set of hands.  Don't think that its a stretch to say that Moore has been the least impressive of the rookies thus far in the offseason.  Would be a mistake to keep him simply because he was drafted a round or 2 sooner IMO.  

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Because it's J'Mon or J'Mon Moore). It works both ways. Stop impeding progress 

J'Mon or Moore (which ever you prefer) is only two more key strokes (one if you leave out the apostrophe)... I'm just not sure the time savings in the short cut is worth the confusion that it brings of, oh what are we talking about Gmo or Jmo or Emeo or Tmo or other Tmo or Big Mo  ... just because they all got an M followed by an O

Gmo = Geronimo Allison

Jmo = J'Mon or J'Mon Moore

Emeo = Equanimeous St. Brown

Tmo = Ty Montgomery

Tmo = Tramon Williams

Big Mo = Montravius Adams

1 minute ago, Beast said:

J'Mon or Moore (which ever you prefer) is only two more key strokes (one if you leave out the apostrophe)... I'm just not sure the time savings in the short cut is worth the confusion that it brings of, oh what are we talking about Gmo or Jmo or Emeo or Tmo or other Tmo or Big Mo  ... just because they all got an M followed by an O

Gmo = Geronimo Allison

Jmo = J'Mon or J'Mon Moore

Emeo = Equanimeous St. Brown

Tmo = Ty Montgomery

Tmo = Tramon Williams

Big Mo = Montravius Adams

You forgot Kmow

35 minutes ago, SSG said:

There is little difference between a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder.

I disagree....  Packers like 4th rounders, like Sitton, Lang, Daniels, Martinez, House, Hyde, Lowry, Tretter and Ryan ... that's your meat and potatoes area... it's not flashy but it's your base that helps the flashy other guys.

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

What has ESB done so far to get cut? Be 6'5, fast, and catch everything thrown his way in the preseason games/practices?

From what I've heard, he was having a pretty unremarkable camp until about a week ago. Also, he doesn't return punts, which Davis does pretty well. But if St. Brown keeps doing well, of course he can make the team. As I said, I think it is very close. I don't think he's anywhere near being a lock to make the roster, but neither are most of those other guys. 

1 hour ago, SSG said:

There is little difference between a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder.   Both are less than coin flip rounds; more of project rounds.   Pretty easy to say that ESB has been the more impressive WR when compared to Moore.  More versatile, every bit the route runner and has a much better set of hands.  Don't think that its a stretch to say that Moore has been the least impressive of the rookies thus far in the offseason.  Would be a mistake to keep him simply because he was drafted a round or 2 sooner IMO.  

There's a reason why the Packers haven't cut a pick before the 5th round prior to the start of the regular season.  I believe David Clowney (157th overall pick) is the highest pick that the Packers have released.  I think the difference you're making is being understated.

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

I disagree....  Packers like 4th rounders, like Sitton, Lang, Daniels, Martinez, House, Hyde, Lowry, Tretter and Ryan ... that's your meat and potatoes area... it's not flashy but it's your base that helps the flashy other guys.

It's the meat and potatoes because Thompson used 21 4th round picks in years.  Just my opinion when you are talking about the same position there is very little difference in the prospects in most cases.  In most years there are 5 or 6 WRs separating a 4th round comp and a 6th round pick.   Even then, last year isn't most cases given that ESB was the better pro prospect (by every single college evaluator I can find) that dropped because of off the field issues.  

12 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's the meat and potatoes because Thompson used 21 4th round picks in years.  Just my opinion when you are talking about the same position there is very little difference in the prospects in most cases.  In most years there are 5 or 6 WRs separating a 4th round comp and a 6th round pick.   Even then, last year isn't most cases given that ESB was the better pro prospect (by every single college evaluator I can find) that dropped because of off the field issues.  

There's a reason why J'Mon Moore was drafted in the 4th round, and ESB wasn't drafted until the 6th round.

Archived