Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

47 minutes ago, DCNative said:

So stand on that instead of this optimistic BS!!!! We know who Rivera is, being Optimistic doesn't change that! 

Huh? He literally said when they lose those games, he's going to bash them.

He then followed up and said if he was in charge, Rivera would be gone.

Seriously, dude. Maybe chill a bit. None of us own the team. None of us are in charge of personnel. Not one thing we say here is going to cause this team to win or lose.

I'm mad about the loss, too. But man, you gotta relax. Noone here is your enemy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Huh? He literally said when they lose those games, he's going to bash them.

He then followed up and said if he was in charge, Rivera would be gone.

Seriously, dude. Maybe chill a bit. None of us own the team. None of us are in charge of personnel. Not one thing we say here is going to cause this team to win or lose.

I'm mad about the loss, too. But man, you gotta relax. Noone here is your enemy.

I can state my opinion how I choose as long as I don't insult anyone. I don't like how fans are so Optimistic about Rivera yet were calling for Haskins, Griffin, Cousins, ect jobs after 1-2 years of play. Yet we have to hold onto this terrible coach in Ron Rivera. Like really choose a stance and stand on it. Don't change week to week. 

You guys are getting way too worked up over this loss, than you should.

It sucks, I get it.

But we're 1-1 & get Philly at home next week. Win that game & the whole trajectory of the season changes.

The Division is where it's at. 

Maybe this loss will light a fire under the defense butts? We get Chase back in a cpl weeks & Robinson.

A lot a season still left....

I got us going 12-5

Not changing squat.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

It sucks, I get it.

But we're 1-1 & get Philly at home next week. Win that game & the whole trajectory of the season changes.

Maybe this loss will light a fire under the defense butts? We get Chase back in a cpl weeks & Robinson.

I got us going 12-5

Not changing squat.

No your so use to this mediocrity that you don't understand how this loss affects games at the end of the year. This is the type of game that took us from drafting in the top 10 to number 11. 

14 minutes ago, DCNative said:

I don't like how fans are so Optimistic about Rivera yet were calling for Haskins, Griffin, Cousins, ect jobs after 1-2 years of play. 

Point to the fans on here who are optimistic about Rivera and were calling for Haskins, Griffin, Cousins, etc...

I'll wait.

I can state my opinion how I choose as long as I don't insult anyone.

Correct. And I can as well. As for the rules, maybe familiarize yourself with them again. You rode the edge quite a bit on some of them in the past. Just trying to head you off before you go over it

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

Yet we have to hold onto this terrible coach in Ron Rivera.

Ask Snyder. None of us are owners. Pretty much to a person, we all want Rivera gone.

Like really choose a stance and stand on it. Don't change week to week. 

Understood. But people can also react to the changing fortunes of the season. Not everyone is as pessimistic as you (or me). We need optimistic (and even pollyannish) fans too. It's just not something that I'll do (be a homer) anymore after 20+ years of failure.

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Point to the fans on here who are optimistic about Rivera and were calling for Haskins, Griffin, Cousins, etc...

I'll wait.

Correct. And I can as well. As for the rules, maybe familiarize yourself with them again. You ride the edge quite a bit on some of them.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

Ask Snyder. None of us are owners. Pretty much to a person, we all want Rivera gone.

Understood. But people can also react to the changing fortunes of the season. Not everyone is as pessimistic as you (or me). We need optimistic (and even pollyannish) fans too. It's just not something that I'll do (be a homer) anymore after 20+ years of failure.

This is why Washington Will never Win a Super Bowl again. I'll let y'all fans enjoy failure alone. 

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

There's only 17 games in the season, Ace. We only get 15 more of these games. At what point should we get worked up? Every single game is big (Win or Lose)

I literally just put a large sum down on the Iggles to win next week. We aren't winning that one. I'm not sure what you've seen out of this team to think we are.

Division has something to do with it. But those are only 6 games out of 17. We could go 6-0 in the division and lose all the rest and finish 6-11. Every.Game.Counts!

Maybe this loss will light a fire under the defense butts?

As opposed to the other losses that were supposed to light a fire and never did? At what point do you lose faith in the coaches, the players, etc... ???

We get Chase back in a cpl weeks & Robinson.

Cool. A player that hasn't lived up his potential/hype and one who is just getting started.

Yup. And if each week is like this one, we're staring at the #1 pick in 2023 draft. 

Which I guess is the silver lining in this whole pile of doo doo.

I got us going 12-5

Not changing squat.

Never change Ace. We need that one fan who looks at the million to one chance and does the Lloyd Christmas "So you're telling me there's a chance"

dumb-and-dumber-jimcarrey.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Again...who is enjoying this? Tell me exactly who. Otherwise, you're flaming and trolling and that IS against the rules.

I'm not trolling or flaming, I'm being honest and consistent with my post witch seems to be a problem. I'll let you guys enjoy and be as optimistic as you want to be! 

Edited by DCNative

Been over at ES and reading posts.

There are actually people wanting to cut/bench Wentz.

Want Rivera fired? Ok, I can see that.

Want Del Rio fired? I'll lead the pack.

Want Defensive players cut, traded, benched or whatever? Ok ..I hear ya 

But if you are actually contemplating the thought of remote idiotic reason to actually think or possibly believing that Wentz should be benched, cut, traded or whatever right now.

Then me ....aceinthehouse....a non-Mod, revoke all your posting privileges on football subject matter for the rest of your natural life.

Anyways...I know none of you here could be that stupid.  But just wanted to put this out there.

Oh....and if you want to challenge me, just for heck of it? Here's a nugget for ya.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Been over at ES and reading posts.

There are actually people wanting to cut/bench Wentz.

Want Rivera fired? Ok, I can see that.

Want Del Rio fired? I'll lead the pack.

Want Defensive players cut, traded, benched or whatever? Ok ..I hear ya 

But if you are actually contemplating the thought of remote idiotic reason to actually think or possibly believing that Wentz should be benched, cut, traded or whatever right now.

Then me ....aceinthehouse....a non-Mod, revoke all your posting privileges on football subject matter for the rest of your natural life.

Anyways...I know none of you here could be that stupid.  But just wanted to put this out there.

Oh....and if you want to challenge me, just for heck of it? Here's a nugget for ya.

@Thaiphoonhow is this not Trolling? It doesn't matter how many yards Wentz threw for, did Washington Win the game? Will the trade for Wentz get Washington back in the Playoffs? According to many this off-season including @turtle28 @aceinthehouse these move were Guaranteed to make us better!!! Clearly they were wrong but now want to jump ship on what they previously posted or supported. 

Edited by DCNative

12 minutes ago, DCNative said:

I'm not trolling or flaming, I'm being honest and consistent with my post witch seems to be a problem. I'll let you guys enjoy and be as optimistic as you want to be! 

This you?

I'll let y'all fans enjoy failure alone. 

There's no one here enjoying this. But you seem to want to pick fights and yell at everyone and tell them they are enjoying this. 

That's absolutely trolling this entire forum.

Yeah. Not gonna happen again. Trust me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

This you?

That's absolutely trolling this entire forum.

There's no one here enjoying this. But you seem to want to pick fights and yell at everyone and tell them they are enjoying this. 

Yeah. Not gonna happen again. Trust me

What's not happening again I'm confused?