Week 2 Thread: Washington Commanders (1-0) at Detroit Lions (0-1) - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, they did nothing to stabilize the position so we have no choice but to see what happens. 

Those are two separate issues & you know it. For right or wrong - IMO right - they needed to make this year about Holcomb & Jamin to see if they can be the teams tandem of the future. They were always going to be the starters, they need a definitive answer on each.

I 100% agree about the depth. They should’ve drafted at least 1 LB to play and/or develop in the mid to late rounds & they could’ve/should’ve done better than Bostic & Mayo as their top two back ups. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Those are two separate issues & you know it. For right or wrong - IMO right - they needed to make this year about Holcomb & Jamin to see if they can be the teams tandem of the future. They were always going to be the starters, they need a definitive answer on each.

I 100% agree about the depth. They should’ve drafted at least 1 LB to play and/or develop in the mid to late rounds & they could’ve/should’ve done better than Bostic & Mayo as their top two back ups. 

How many more weeks do you need to see Davis get beat the way he did by the Jags? Like I'm really serious. How much more BAD PLAY DO YOU NEED FROM THEM! 

The Key Issue is Rivera because he had/has control over who gets on the roster. How about you start arguing points against what they are doing because it's obviously not working? Stand on the moves you would make instead of Supporting the dumb decisions they are making. 

Griffin and Cousins can be drafted in the same year yet Rivera couldn't find a guy to compete with Davis after his failed Rookie year. Kevin O'Connell went to the Vikings and I believe kept maybe 1 player from their previous draft class. Why because those guy didn't fit what he needed and didn't perform. Same could be done if Rivera was Accountable for his bad decisions instead of just others. 

30 minutes ago, DCNative said:

How many more weeks do you need to see Davis get beat the way he did by the Jags? Like I'm really serious. How much more BAD PLAY DO YOU NEED FROM THEM! 

The Key Issue is Rivera because he had/has control over who gets on the roster. How about you start arguing points against what they are doing because it's obviously not working? Stand on the moves you would make instead of Supporting the dumb decisions they are making. 

Griffin and Cousins can be drafted in the same year yet Rivera couldn't find a guy to compete with Davis after his failed Rookie year. Kevin O'Connell went to the Vikings and I believe kept maybe 1 player from their previous draft class. Why because those guy didn't fit what he needed and didn't perform. Same could be done if Rivera was Accountable for his bad decisions instead of just others. 

I am clear in what I’m saying. Jamin gets the entire year if I’m the coach. Young guys need to play if they’re ever going to get better. It’s only been 1 week, we need a larger sample size. If it doesn’t happen this season then you sign/draft LBs next off-season.

You don’t like my opinion? Tough cookies 🍪 I’m not changing my opinion, so you’re just wasting your time continuing to hound me about the same things over and over and over that I’ve already answered.

4 hours ago, DCNative said:

I post as a Passionate Fan. Calling things for what they are hopefully brings Change. Not accepting Mediocrity, keeping pressure on the team to once again become a Super Bowl Winning Team. 

Then I think you're misjudging quite a bit of folks here as well. Most, if not all, are calling for the same things you are. None are accepting mediocrity. The "Oh well attitude" you're referencing is the acceptance that we do not have control. We are all very much like the ants on a log floating downriver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCNative said:

Because Rivera is a bad coach and even worse GM. I see what Turtle is saying though. It was my same thought with Haskins' last year. I wasn't a fan of benching him. That year was a lost year already. We might as well have seen what we had in Haskins to allow him to have things suddenly click or to evaluate him and decide he wasn't worth keeping. If he did middling, we trade him. But completely giving up on the guy in his 2nd year is a bit too early for pretty much any coach with a guy who he drafted. Jamin or Dwayne

To your point, I would say he gets a few more weeks of play like last Sunday. If he doesn't start performing better, we start looking at the bench. The problem is the bench consists of Jon Bostic. Which points to a poor Front Office.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I am clear in what I’m saying. Jamin gets the entire year if I’m the coach. Young guys need to play if they’re ever going to get better. It’s only been 1 week, we need a larger sample size. If it doesn’t happen this season then you sign/draft LBs next off-season.

You don’t like my opinion? Tough cookies 🍪 I’m not changing my opinion, so you’re just wasting your time continuing to hound me about the same things over and over and over that I’ve already answered.

Your opinion may just make little sense to me. I don't need to see 7 weeks of bad play before I know what A guy can and can't do. If your gonna keep Davis out there at least change the way he is used. Going with that scenario We better see Davis Blitzing and Stuffing the Run more oppose to covering if your actually looking forward to the Team Winning Games. 

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Then I think you're misjudging quite a bit of folks here as well. Most, if not all, are calling for the same things you are. None are accepting mediocrity. The "Oh well attitude" you're referencing is the acceptance that we do not have control. We are all very much like the ants on a log floating downriver.

In this space We are in Control of what We post. So as Fans here when we can come up with ideas and reasons why this or that doesn't make sense. We should be allowed to discuss those things, while also accepting the Reality of Ron or Dan actually doing the opposite. 

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because Rivera is a bad coach and even worse GM. I see what Turtle is saying though. It was my same thought with Haskins' last year. I wasn't a fan of benching him. That year was a lost year already. We might as well have seen what we had in Haskins to allow him to have things suddenly click or to evaluate him and decide he wasn't worth keeping. If he did middling, we trade him. But completely giving up on the guy in his 2nd year is a bit too early for pretty much any coach with a guy who he drafted. Jamin or Dwayne

To your point, I would say he gets a few more weeks of play like last Sunday. If he doesn't start performing better, we start looking at the bench. The problem is the bench consists of Jon Bostic. Which points to a poor Front Office.

So continue to push these points instead of acting like everything is ok. We aren't Rivera, we don't have to sugarcoat things. If We the Fans want the Team to Improve we have to be Honest about what needs to happen to get Us there. 

5 minutes ago, DCNative said:

In this space We are in Control of what We post. So as Fans here when we can come up with ideas and reasons why this or that doesn't make sense. We should be allowed to discuss those things, while also accepting the Reality of Ron or Dan actually doing the opposite. 

No one is saying you're not allowed to post whatever you want. That was the point of my post to you. You seem to think that you are the only one who is acting that way.

You are not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCNative said:

So continue to push these points instead of acting like everything is ok. We aren't Rivera, we don't have to sugarcoat things. If We the Fans want the Team to Improve we have to be Honest about what needs to happen to get Us there. 

We are honest in our opinion. You think all of us come on here and lie all day? Stop attacking people bc you disagree with their opinion. We have no influence on Rivera, newsflash, he’s not reading this forum! 😂 

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, DCNative said:

And pretty much everyone is doing just that. There will also be disagreements amongst fans on the best approach, just like there are disagreements amongst coaches on a coaching staff about what to do. 

Again, I'm not sure what you want to happen here. I don't think anyone is acting like this is okay. I think, to a person, we are trying to come up with ways to improve given the realities of the situation we're in.

Want to bench Jamin? Jon Bostic is his replacement.

Want to trade for a LB? Not gonna happen this early in the season. And any player we trade for is gonna kill our cap.

Want to sign a FA LB? That's a tough call this early in the season and it will take most of our available cap space. That cap space is designed to sign players if our current roster gets injured. Not to sign to replace guys who aren't (Even if they are not performing 100%). 

Again...think about if you were suddenly in control of this "project" after the previous mismanagement. Your options are quite limited TBQH at this point in the season. I agree that things need to improve at the position. But at this point, I'm not convinced of the smart move to fix the problem at LB that the morons in the Front Office have foisted on us.

My plan is to play him for the season. If he does better but not fantastic in the next few weeks, he continues to start. If he craps the bed, put Bostic in and let Jamin watch for a bit. But in the offseason, we need to be aggressive about getting LB in via FA or the draft. We cannot continue to try to drive the Indy 500 in a Yugo.

Others may disagree with that approach. But I also recognize that we're just gnashing our teeth and no one in Ashburn is listening.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We are honest in our opinion. You think all of us come on here and lie all day? Stop attacking people bc you disagree with their opinion. We have no influence on Rivera, newsflash, he’s not reading this forum! 😂 

To follow up here on what Turtle said. He and I have had many disagreements over the years. I think he finds me too pessimistic and I find him too optimistic (about moves, draft picks, players, etc...). It can get a little frustrating at times when he doesn't see it my way, but that's the nature of forums like these. The fanbase needs both types of fans even if both recognize we need to do better as a team.