MNF Titans vs. Bills

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't know Tanny's numbers but no reason to pay him if we can't play football in a way where he can even be decent. 

Just because it's us, I feel we will win about 7-8 games just because and have no way to pick a QB. And if we do, will we pick one that can carry a team or one that will "run the offense" Vrabel wants.

We go 0-4 or so, then Willis comes in and we see if he has anything that looks like a futures. 

I just think they go veteran if they win 7-8 games. Tannys just the devil they know. I think the team will want a vet if they think they can contend regardless of what the fan base wants. Starting Malik signals something of a rebuild to the team unless Malik is progressing at light speed and impressing the vets. And there’s going to be no real way for us to know that

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Between the Henry injury last year, being in great seats to watch the playoff loss, losing AJ, and now this, just some of the most hurt I have experienced as Titans fan.

Sucks man. I am scared of another dark tunnel. 

Way I see it this team needs to fix the O line more than anything and find the next QB. I think Willis can be that guy but needs time. I think this draft will actually turn out to be solid. Burks has shown some things, as has Philips and like what I have seen from McCreary and Haskins. This draft being mostly a hit will go a long way to it being a 1-2 year retool or 3-4 rebuild.

The good thing is nobody cares about us really, but the bad is that they love to tell us how bad we are when we are bad. lol

I keep saying this.

Henry is "legendary" status. Meaning teams get soooo amped up to stop him. And when they do, it gives them so much energy and juice. 
Then when all you can do is play-action because your QB can't be trusted to run a wide open offense, we are going to lose more than we win.

Ah why am I wasting time and energy to say this...lol

• Like 1

If Willis ends up getting the nod this year I hope we open the offense up and spread it out more. Run more of a spread offense. Put Burks, Woods, Chig, Philips out there early and often. Mix in some Racey McMath when he is back for speed and Haskins, Hilliard even Chestnut in the backfield. If this ends up being a lost season, no reason to overload Henry. May was well try some things.

Oh wait we have Vrabel as our head coach and Downing as the OC. Never mind.

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

With Downing and this OL

we are literally just twiddling our thumbs with Henry 

Henry didn’t play on third down under art smith or Matt lefluer either.

In fact Henry not playing on 3rd down was the reason for the darrington evans miss.

Also having a back like Henry necessitates having a fullback, which takes another viable we off the field.

Replace henry with a back can give us tough yards outta single back sets and you put another viable pass catcher on the field. We might even be able to afford to put one or two who don’t excel at blocking, but are really good at catching touchdowns on the field.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

If Willis ends up getting the nod this year I hope we open the offense up and spread it out more. Run more of a spread offense. Put Burks, Woods, Chig, Philips out there early and often. Mix in some Racey McMath when he is back for speed and Haskins, Hilliard even Chestnut in the backfield. If this ends up being a lost season, no reason to overload Henry. May was well try some things.

Oh wait we have Vrabel as our head coach and Downing as the OC. Never mind.

It’s not about the playcalling man, you can’t run the type of offense you’re talking about if you can’t pass protect. You’ll get your QB killed. And you’ll have constant three and outs. The teams that can do that have great offensive line play and generational QB talents. Neither grow on trees.

The most depressing thing for me is that I don't see any reason to believe that Vrabel is ever going to get off of this "play good defense and run the ball" philosophy. We'll never be able to get this team and offense into the 21st century, because we still have guys at the top JRob included that have the smashmouth philosophy that limits any offense in today's day and age. Now if Vrabel actually brought in an OC that wanted to open this thing up and actually let a QB be the focal point of the team and actually develop some semblance of a passing attack outside of just play action and stayed hands off with the offense and just handled the defense I think we could have brighter days ahead.

Unfortunately, Vrabel has shown no signs of evolving his philosophy since he got here, and I think that's what is always going to be what limits this team no matter who our personnel is in the future.