What moves do Browns make before trade deadline?

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I bet they think that he will fetch a 4th or 5th via comp pick so a 4th is the "line in the sand" I guess.

The comp pick are all formulated based on number of eligible players in vs out, contract size, etc.

Counting on comp picks is great when you know for sure you’re not gonna be a player in FA, which I’m assuming we won’t be, but it’s far from a certainty.

A trade now also saves cap space and gets you a pick a year sooner (which increases value).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The comp pick are all formulated based on number of eligible players in vs out, contract size, etc.

Counting on comp picks is great when you know for sure you’re not gonna be a player in FA, which I’m assuming we won’t be, but it’s far from a certainty.

A trade now also saves cap space and gets you a pick a year sooner (which increases value).

We'll be getting comp picks for awhile because we'll lose more free agents who have value than we sign. They may not end up being high end, that depends on the contract (and pretty much nothing else if history repeats itself).

However, if you can get a 2023 4th for Hunt you can turn that into a 24 3rd which can be turned into a 22 2nd if you want to wait but that was more of a Sashi thing, we don't take advantage of that anymore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We'll be getting comp picks for awhile because we'll lose more free agents who have value than we sign. They may not end up being high end, that depends on the contract (and pretty much nothing else if history repeats itself).

However, if you can get a 2023 4th for Hunt you can turn that into a 24 3rd which can be turned into a 22 2nd if you want to wait but that was more of a Sashi thing, we don't take advantage of that anymore.

Or even just turn it into a later 2023 4th/early 5th and pick up a 2024 pick too.

This is the game they need to be playing for a while imo.  We need 6+ picks in rounds 2-4 every  year if possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Excellent post Thomas

Questions if all free agents walk what I comp picks due you think we get

That said I think we are trading people to get as close to the first round as possible 

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent post Thomas

Questions if all free agents walk what I comp picks due you think we get

That said I think we are trading people to get as close to the first round as possible 

Hard to say without knowing who gets tagged/resigned in the off season by other teams.

Probably going to be mostly 4th and 5th round picks. Teams don't overpay for free agents coming from a team with a losing record.

Also, did you know the 55 games before we played Mayfield we were 4-50-1? That's one win for every 12.5 games.

If we lose this week it will be the first 5 game losing streak since 2017, the season we lost every game.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hard to say without knowing who gets tagged/resigned in the off season by other teams.

Probably going to be mostly 4th and 5th round picks. Teams don't overpay for free agents coming from a team with a losing record.

Also, did you know the 55 games before we played Mayfield we were 4-50-1? That's one win for every 12.5 games.

If we lose this week it will be the first 5 game losing streak since 2017, the season we lost every game.

Good Morning Hearts GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I honestly do not know how Berry and stefanski survive that.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They will probably blame it on starting a back up QB and players not executing. You know, stuff that they can't be held accountable for.

Oh wait...

I wonder if they didn’t make the trade and had bad QB play if they would be getting put on the hot seat.  So they gave themselves a year. I think if they have this year with Baker and have a top 10 pick they all could be gone.  I think Jimmy likes the set up right now.  That can change but I still think AB and KS get next year. 

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

I wonder if they didn’t make the trade and had bad QB play if they would be getting put on the hot seat.  So they gave themselves a year. I think if they have this year with Baker and have a top 10 pick they all could be gone.  I think Jimmy likes the set up right now.  That can change but I still think AB and KS get next year. 

You maybe right but do you want Berry leading the draft if projected attendance is 44000.

Most browns fan do not remembTired Bored To Death GIFer 44090 official attendance but I due.

Slick jimmy could lose 1 billion overnight with 

No high picks to sell to the public.