What moves do Browns make before trade deadline?

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s one thing if you’re getting another player back at a position of need, but I’m not sure teams are looking to give up a quality, starting talent front 7 player for a 3/4 season rental of a running back, even if the back is Hunt.

Additionally, I don't think Kareem has looked great this year. He's certainly not bad by any stretch, but it's night & day different when Chubb is in there. The last few years both dudes looked equally awesome. Hunt is still a very good #1 RB, but I don't think he's close to Chubb. Some of that may be on the OL, but Chubb has been electric, whereas Hunt seems replaceable to me. Again, he's still very good, but I wouldn't cry if Hunt went on IR or something. I don't think teams will trade for Hunt when they could probably trade for CMC and get better long-term value.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Additionally, I don't think Kareem has looked great this year. He's certainly not bad by any stretch, but it's night & day different when Chubb is in there. The last few years both dudes looked equally awesome. Hunt is still a very good #1 RB, but I don't think he's close to Chubb. Some of that may be on the OL, but Chubb has been electric, whereas Hunt seems replaceable to me. Again, he's still very good, but I wouldn't cry if Hunt went on IR or something. I don't think teams will trade for Hunt when they could probably trade for CMC and get better long-term value.

You’re not wrong.  Hunt is averaging almost 2 less ypc than Chubb this year and a full yard less than Johnson did last year.

He’s an asset in the passing game, but on the ground he’s been meh thus far.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re not wrong.  Hunt is averaging almost 2 less ypc than Chubb this year and a full yard less than Johnson did last year.

He’s an asset in the passing game, but on the ground he’s been meh thus far.

He has a brutal running style- it is taking a toll on his body  

6 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah hunt hasn’t been that good. Chubb is head and shoulders better than he is. Hunt looks replaceable. The offense is noticeable worse with hunt on the field. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah hunt hasn’t been that good. Chubb is head and shoulders better than he is. Hunt looks replaceable. The offense is noticeable worse with hunt on the field. 

I don't even think it's Hunt not being good. I think Chubb is just in a different world right now. Hunt is running hard and churning for yards, he just hasn't been as productive as Chubb, plain and simple.

Do I think we could get close to comparable production out of D'Ernest and Ford? Probably close. Do I think that means Hunt is useless? No. I don't want to jettison him for anything short of what he's worth.

• Like 3

There’s exactly one play this year I’d have rather had Hunt out there as opposed to Chubb, and it was the ball that hit Nick in the hands on the wheel down the sideline last week. Tough catch that needs to be made that Chubb can’t quite give us catching the ball as a receiver.

• Like 4

There is an enormous gap between Hunt and Chubb, and it's not because Hunt isn't good..

Chubb is playing some of the best football from the running back position that I have ever seen. Somehow he is playing better ball than he ever has, and he was already arguably the best pure runner in the league. At this point I don't even think there's an argument to be had on that topic.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, braylon said:

There is an enormous gap between Hunt and Chubb, and it's not because Hunt isn't good..

Chubb is playing some of the best football from the running back position that I have ever seen. Somehow he is playing better ball than he ever has, and he was already arguably the best pure runner in the league. At this point I don't even think there's an argument to be had on that topic.

Na, there's some on this forum who will try to argue that Henry or Taylor are better. Hell, it wasn't too long ago that it was asked who's better between Chubb, Cook and Mixon. Chubb won in a landslide, but it's still insane that it was even asked.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Na, there's some on this forum who will try to argue that Henry or Taylor are better. Hell, it wasn't too long ago that it was asked who's better between Chubb, Cook and Mixon. Chubb won in a landslide, but it's still insane that it was even asked.

You’re right. But they’re wrong imo. Well Taylor is a FREAK.. but Henry is a clear step behind imo. Needs more help from his offensive line. Chubb’s instincts and vision are legit maybe the best I’ve ever seen. And his speed to utilizes those traits.. absolutely unreal combination.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, #32 said:

Looks like Browns are sellers now with the 1 November trade deadline!  I believe the following are available: Hunt, both Johnsons, Clowney , and Greedy.  What do you think?

I think almost anyone can be had for the right price, but that price could be rather expensive.

I personally would move Hunt for a 4 or a couple later rounders.

JJIII?  Whew, idk.  Not sure how a trade impacts his cap number, but maybe.  He’s been absolutely worthless here, but sure looked good in LA.  

D’Ernest?  I’d rather keep him and let him take Hunt’s snaps.  This team needs more hungry *** dudes who want to compete playing.  Unless we’re getting a 5th or higher, which id be stunned by, just keep him and see if he can play himself into a nice deal elsewhere and factor into the comp formula.

Greedy?  I honestly have no clue what he’s even worth.  He’s flashed but can’t stay healthy. If someone wants to give you something for a guy who’s been a disappointment, I suppose you take it.

Clowney?  I’d probably need a 2 or a pair of 3’s or something else no one will offer.  He’s a guy that I think they’d like to keep perhaps another year and fits here.  He wants to play with DeShaun.  Trading him is 100% waving the white flag.  The other guys are just collecting assets/small moves.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think almost anyone can be had for the right price, but that price could be rather expensive.

I personally would move Hunt for a 4 or a couple later rounders.

JJIII?  Whew, idk.  Not sure how a trade impacts his cap number, but maybe.  He’s been absolutely worthless here, but sure looked good in LA.  

D’Ernest?  I’d rather keep him and let him take Hunt’s snaps.  This team needs more hungry *** dudes who want to compete playing.  Unless we’re getting a 5th or higher, which id be stunned by, just keep him and see if he can play himself into a nice deal elsewhere and factor into the comp formula.

Greedy?  I honestly have no clue what he’s even worth.  He’s flashed but can’t stay healthy. If someone wants to give you something for a guy who’s been a disappointment, I suppose you take it.

Clowney?  I’d probably need a 2 or a pair of 3’s or something else no one will offer.  He’s a guy that I think they’d like to keep perhaps another year and fits here.  He wants to play with DeShaun.  Trading him is 100% waving the white flag.  The other guys are just collecting assets/small moves.

2 wins

Let's trade clowney for weaver .

Excellent post.

I'd trade:

*Hunt or D'Ernest, but not both

*Greedy for whatever I could possibly get

*JJ3 because he looks completely disinterested here. It's a shame because he looked like/was a star in L.A., but he just simply hasn't been a good fit here.

*Conklin. I like JC, but I think Hudson is doing a solid job in his place and more than capable of replicating comparable production.

I would honestly consider cutting JJIII. He has been absolutely atrocious. He's not athletic and is a poor tackler. He can't play down in the box, but he also can't cover anyone. The allure of him was that he gets guys into the right positions and doesn't give up big plays. Now he doesn't even do that. He is putrid at doing the little things, which was the only reason he was given that albatross of a contract. I blame a little bit of that on coaching, but also JJ3 doesn't seem to give a crap. He plays like a skirt player (DB), but doesn't have the coverage skills to make up for being soft. At least Delpit is athletic and has upside. JJ3 has no upside.