What moves do Browns make before trade deadline?

As the list of players injured increases, do the Browns need to make some moves before the trade deadline is important for several reasons.  Trades this time of year are few although some teams with losing records would probably consider trading an overpaid or under achieving player for draft picks.  Also there are going to be more injuries but hopefully not season ending as now we have 4 key players done for season.

Mu suggestion would be to make trade for DT if the price is right.  I believe the defensive line needs help at DR and DE.  There are a lot of free agents available at these positions but may not be the RIGHT players for Browns.  One fact is defense needs Clowney and their record is 1-4 when he does not play.  Another consideration is offensive C/G.

What do you think?

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

None. I don’t think we can really make a change in the middle of the season. We need a MLB maybe, but you need those guys to know everything about your defense. With that said, it’d be tough to get a MLB caught up to speed to be ready to play.

Just roll with what we have. 

Idk man, I think most pro linebackers are gonna be good with understanding the same 3 zone concepts on repeat 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I expect us to be willfully dense and ignore the needs that the average drunken fan already knew we had going into the off-season. Nothing has changed since then. We had bad linebacker and WR talent then and still do now. 

We’ve kinda lucked out at DT. They’ve all defended the run well. They can’t rush the passer at all though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I expect us to be willfully dense and ignore the needs that the average drunken fan already knew we had going into the off-season. Nothing has changed since then. We had bad linebacker and WR talent then and still do now. 

WR talent was a given because they are banking on Watson to make them better.

I think the biggest issue is the IDL and overall depth of the defensive line. 

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

WR talent was a given because they are banking on Watson to make them better.

Which to me doesn’t make any sense for multiple reasons. For starters, we knew that there was going to be some type of sizable suspension. Secondly, having talent at quarterback should not exclude the desire to have good players at wide receiver.