NFLPA investigating handling of Dolphins QB Tagovailoa’s concussion check

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Bill Belichick saying he’s held players out despite passing concussion protocol.

Mike Tomlin holding his player out of a game despite medical opinions, saying he wouldn’t let his son play, and thus wouldn’t let his player play either.

Andy Reid keeping Patrick Mahomes off the field, despite clearing concussion protocol on the sideline.

John Harbaugh calling what happened on Sunday and then what happened on Thursday unbelievable.

Sean McVay saying that you almost “take the decision out of their hands” in regards to protecting the player first.

These are the figure heads of the modern NFL. I don’t want to hear anything about McDaniel getting a pass.

Pretty solid series of responses. Was expecting more coach speak with how tough it can be to make decisions in the moment.

Considering how big these coaching trees are, that's a lot of the NFL.

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Pretty solid series of responses. Was expecting more coach speak with how tough it can be to make decisions in the moment.

Considering how big these coaching trees are, that's a lot of the NFL.

Coach speak is for when they make a mistake. When asked about others, most just give the politically correct answer. To answer otherwise after a major incident like Tua's would just invite the controversy in to their own teams.

(In other words, who in their right mind is going to say "I understand where McDaniel was coming from there and may have done the same thing in his shoes" with the hindsight of the result of those choices? No one.)

24 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Coach speak is for when they make a mistake. When asked about others, most just give the politically correct answer. To answer otherwise after a major incident like Tua's would just invite the controversy in to their own teams.

(In other words, who in their right mind is going to say "I understand where McDaniel was coming from there and may have done the same thing in his shoes" with the hindsight of the result of those choices? No one.)

I was expecting the non-defense defense. "Certainly the result doesn't look good and player safety always comes first, we'll have to see what the investigation says, but in my experience there's a lot of information coming at you at once" type mumbo jumbo.

There we have it.

Shield looks after shield. 

A complete whitewash in my view although I'll admit to not having studied the sequence of events as closely as some others on the board. 

Was anyone mentioning the previous consultants's hostility before they had to square firing him and the procedure being followed? Genuine question - I don't recall it. 

• Like 2

So the Dolphins & league kept saying it was a back injury and not a concussion yet no one on the medical staff actually did a back exam .    😳

I guess we know why the league secretly had him getting exams daily when it wasn’t  required afterwards.   What a total sham.     

Edited by Broncofan

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So the Dolphins & league kept saying it was a back injury and not a concussion yet no one on the medical staff actually did a back exam .    😳

I guess we know why the league secretly had him getting exams daily when it wasn’t  required afterwards.   What a total sham.     

How can they acknowledge this while also saying they followed protocol at the time lmfao 

Blatant lies.