Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

18 minutes ago, St Vince said:

BALLIN is right. Piece looked very smooth and made some good catches, playing more like a vet out there than Watson. Woods wasn't targeted that much but had two TD grabs, two more TD's  than the jet sweep master Watson.

J'Mon Moore looked really smooth too. What is your point? 

29 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Explain how you get the 52nd and 53rd players selected in the draft without trading with both of our second-round picks when we had 53 and 59 prior to trading up for Watson?

As a reminder you said we could have had Pickens 52, Pierce 53, and Woods 73. 

I get what you're saying now, didn't realize Pierce went that high in the 2nd. Really only had a shot at one. 

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

J'Mon Moore looked really smooth too. What is your point? 

Moore was a day 3 guy who for whatever reason didn't perform.  At least Pierce has shown he belongs in the NFL.  At 6'3 212 I think he'll be a good pro as long as he has someone who can get him the ball.

I get it with Watson. I guess I'm getting impatient with him seeing what Doubs is doing. I forget we needed an MVS type burner on the team. Pickens or Pierce doesn't have the top end speed as Watson.

Edited by St Vince

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Moore was a day 3 guy who for whatever reason didn't perform.  At least Pierce has shown he belongs in the NFL.  At 6'3 212 I think he'll be a good pro as long as he has someone who can get him the ball.

I get it with Watson. I guess I'm getting impatient with him seeing what Doubs is doing. I forget we needed an MVS type burner on the team. Pickens or Pierce doesn't have the top end speed as Watson.

Every reason in the world to be patient for a 6'5 4.35 athlete. He is from North Dakota State University. Let him grow into the pro program.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, R T said:

Not surprised you still haven't figured that out though, it would be a break from your being an *** clown. 

Look forward to Sunday night when you tell everyone who will be out against the Giants in London.  

Dang, dude. You use to be quality poster at Packer Chatters with a lot of respect and quality takes.

What made you turn into such a hypocritical keyboard coward?

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, packfanfb said:

Healthy team overall. Good news.

My 2nd and last game in Lambeau for 2022. First time ever in the newish south end-zone. It'll be weird actually sitting in a real seat at Lambeau... Anyway, I want to see all the guys play.

I think Watkins is going to end up being fine, perhaps very good.  Having not invested significantly for a long time, it could be really awesome if Gute ends up going 2-for-2 with Watson and Doubs.  Watson missed most of camp, and now missed week 3.  It's likely going to take him a while, I don't see that as being a long-term problem.  

For tomorrow Watson is clearly #4 guy at WR, and they'll likely be playing plenty of 12 and 21.  Hopefully the other guys stay healthy and are playing well, and the running game is working, and they don't need to be trying to play catchup or need to be playing #4 WR much.  

But I think it could be fun if he got 20+ snaps, and perhaps gets used for a couple of targets beyond the line of scrimmage.  

31 minutes ago, craig said:

I think Watkins is going to end up being fine, perhaps very good.  Having not invested significantly for a long time, it could be really awesome if Gute ends up going 2-for-2 with Watson and Doubs.  Watson missed most of camp, and now missed week 3.  It's likely going to take him a while, I don't see that as being a long-term problem.  

For tomorrow Watson is clearly #4 guy at WR, and they'll likely be playing plenty of 12 and 21.  Hopefully the other guys stay healthy and are playing well, and the running game is working, and they don't need to be trying to play catchup or need to be playing #4 WR much.  

But I think it could be fun if he got 20+ snaps, and perhaps gets used for a couple of targets beyond the line of scrimmage.  

Give him some time to acclimate.  Randall Cobb has played in 75% of possible games in his career (as well as the last 5 full seasons).  He will miss some time.  We don't need Watson right now when we have Lazard, Cobb, and Doubs ready to go.  Watkins already bought us a couple of weeks, and he will be back later to do it again for 3 or 4 games.  

We knew that this was going to be a year where the WRs are in transition.  So let's understand that, and wait for them to be a lot better as the season rolls along vs being a well oiled machine right out of the gate.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, St Vince said:

I swear Watson better start showing me something. I'm sitting here watching the Chiefs, Colts reply on the NFL network and two guys I wanted in Alec Peirce and TE Jelani Woods are balling out against KC. Two guys we could've had with both 2nd round picks. Plus knowing we could've moved up a couple spots to get Pickens and still kept our 2nd round picks makes it more imperative for Watson to start showing up. Imagine having Pickens, Peirce, Woods, Doubs. Sorry I'd rather had that over Watson.

You’d think this is week 4 of his 3rd year in the league after reading this post. Remember the year before Adams broke out and 90% of people wanted him cut because he dropped everything? Wasn’t that his 3rd season and not his rookie season?

I was 95% confident when the day started. After having breakfast and chatting with some cool Patriot fans, my confidence is down.

One of MLF’s biggest issues is adjustments. He either makes no adjustments and keeps pounding square pegs into round holes, or ineffective adjustments… The OL gets blown-up the last two playoff games, MLF keeps running the same sets; Love gets blitzed off the field in KC; MLF does nothing; Jefferson runs completely free week one; MLF plays the same D from start to finish, etc.

This week MLF is going against the master of game planning and adjustments. I imagine Belichick will take away the running game and short passing lanes. If MLF keeps running his plays into that it’ll be another long day for the offense. Belichick will also probably feature a heavy running game. If the Packers keep running a light box against it, the Pats will have some success.

The counters to what I just laid out are basic NFL coaching 101. So far MLF hasn’t passed that course. He better do it today or the Pack will be in some trouble.

Have fun today!

12 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I was 95% confident when the day started. After having breakfast and chatting with some cool Patriot fans, my confidence is down.

One of MLF’s biggest issues is adjustments. He either makes no adjustments and keeps pounding square pegs into round holes, or ineffective adjustments… The OL gets blown-up the last two playoff games, MLF keeps running the same sets; Love gets blitzed off the field in KC; MLF does nothing; Jefferson runs completely free week one; MLF plays the same D from start to finish, etc.

This week MLF is going against the master of game planning and adjustments. I imagine Belichick will take away the running game and short passing lanes. If MLF keeps running his plays into that it’ll be another long day for the offense. Belichick will also probably feature a heavy running game. If the Packers keep running a light box against it, the Pats will have some success.

The counters to what I just laid out are basic NFL coaching 101. So far MLF hasn’t passed that course. He better do it today or the Pack will be in some trouble.

Have fun today!

LOL .. you have had yourself quite the day.  Negative Nellie, Debbie Downer; take your pick.  MLF is still learning too compared to Belichick and his experience.  Seems everything and everybody has to be done within a very narrow timespan to get your approval.  CHILL out dude.